Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
drewmaloy drewmaloy is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch pro 2
Mobile Carrier: t-mo
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View drewmaloy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drewmaloy's Photo Album Add drewmaloy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
whys it still alive

hey hey hey. i'm curious as to what damage you have done to your phone, and your surprised it's still kicking.
htc sprint vogue submerged in water for over a min and it's still alive. diy inside wash? haha
htc t mo tp2 fell out of my pocket into the driveway. picked it up and saw tires treads across the screen. yes it had gotten driven over. a few chips on the batter cover, may have internal bleeding. i noticed light blue dots on the screen when it turns white. but so far no worries. your turn. peace
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to drewmaloy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: whys it still alive

well i havent damaged any of my ppc's besides one at a party when it was found out in the all night thunderstorm in pouring rain with the battery cover off, phone facing battery cover up.... still was ticking even though all indicators were red.... sold it and the user still has no troubles with it almost a year later
Old 12-17-2009, 03:46 PM

View drewmaloy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drewmaloy's Photo Album Add drewmaloy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re whys it still alive

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

well i havent damaged any of my ppc's besides one at a party when it was found out in the all night thunderstorm in pouring rain with the battery cover off, phone facing battery cover up.... still was ticking even though all indicators were red.... sold it and the user still has no troubles with it almost a year later

not bad not bad.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dropped my old flip phone my roof and it shatter into several pieces, i did some surgury and it worked for a few more months until i upgraded. This thing was jack up bad but it still worked.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well with my nextels i also used to have with them and damaage them on purpose or try too... i still got my i730 all beat up and will take some pics later if reminded. we would stick it behind the tire of a rear wheel drive truck and launch it into a brick wall at work when we were bored on breaks. things still ticking and we did that multiple times.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 PM

Re whys it still alive

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

well with my nextels i also used to have with them and damaage them on purpose or try too... i still got my i730 all beat up and will take some pics later if reminded. we would stick it behind the tire of a rear wheel drive truck and launch it into a brick wall at work when we were bored on breaks. things still ticking and we did that multiple times.
lol pics? i'd like to see that footage!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Getting out of the car, I dropped my old Apache 6700. I attempting to break its fall, I tried to catch it on top of my foot.

Instead, I kicked it. It went tumbling & skidding across the asphalt & then into a huge puddle. Of course, I was chasing after it, but it was under water for a couple of seconds after that series of rather rough impacts.

No damage at all... it was on & never even shut off.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Getting out of the car, I dropped my old Apache 6700. I attempting to break its fall, I tried to catch it on top of my foot.

Instead, I kicked it. It went tumbling & skidding across the asphalt & then into a huge puddle. Of course, I was chasing after it, but it was under water for a couple of seconds after that series of rather rough impacts.

hahaha hell yeah them bricks called apaches were beasts and could take a beating.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM

Re whys it still alive

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

haha tried to do a hacky stall with your cell. nice! then chasing it haha. when reading that i just picture someone running up to it. but as they bend down, they keep kicking it haha
Old 12-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

LAST night!!

I was waiting on a phone call from a potential buyer for my iphone and was sitting here at the computer. I look over as the light turned on and started to vibrate. Little did I know I forgot I had a cup of Dr pepper cherry about 2 feet away on the ground....

The little shit aka "touch pro" decided to vibrate its happy ass right off the desk and drop 2 feet into the cup of dr pepper cherry while the phones still ringing I can hear it gargling under dr pepper lol. My custom ringer is off of charlie the unicorn 3 where the unicorns are saying " ring ring,... hello? ,,, ring ring ... Hello!!!!"

Anyways after not being able to make or receive phone calls I dash back to the computer to hop on sprint and hurry and change my touch pro to my old samsung a920 just to get locked out for putting in the wrong password like 20 times .. I was angry at this point, but i wasn't giving up making 300 for the iphone. While I HAD to wait im sitting there drying the phone off the best I can. Boy oh boy when it gets liquid inside it likes to stay in there. Everytime I opened and closed the keyboard more liquid kept coming out.

So after 20 minutes of waiting I finally get my phone switched out to the a920 and get the phone call I was hoping for. I took the battery out of my touch pro and opened the keyboard and left it on top of my antec 900 computer case's giant fan in the back. I went and sold the iphone then come back home to a NOW working touch pro .. just gotta let it dry off is all i guess lol.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 AM

“ Originally Posted by nadcicle View Post

LAST night!!

I was waiting on a phone call from a potential buyer for my iphone and was sitting here at the computer. I look over as the light turned on and started to vibrate. Little did I know I forgot I had a cup of Dr pepper cherry about 2 feet away on the ground....

The little shit aka "touch pro" decided to vibrate its happy ass right off the desk and drop 2 feet into the cup of dr pepper cherry while the phones still ringing I can hear it gargling under dr pepper lol. My custom ringer is off of charlie the unicorn 3 where the unicorns are saying " ring ring,... hello? ,,, ring ring ... Hello!!!!"

Anyways after not being able to make or receive phone calls I dash back to the computer to hop on sprint and hurry and change my touch pro to my old samsung a920 just to get locked out for putting in the wrong password like 20 times .. I was angry at this point, but i wasn't giving up making 300 for the iphone. While I HAD to wait im sitting there drying the phone off the best I can. Boy oh boy when it gets liquid inside it likes to stay in there. Everytime I opened and closed the keyboard more liquid kept coming out.

So after 20 minutes of waiting I finally get my phone switched out to the a920 and get the phone call I was hoping for. I took the battery out of my touch pro and opened the keyboard and left it on top of my antec 900 computer case's giant fan in the back. I went and sold the iphone then come back home to a NOW working touch pro .. just gotta let it dry off is all i guess lol.
thats what usually happens and leave it air drying like that for at least 18 hours.... you are going to get corrosion starting so most likely you wont ever be able to go to sprint for repairs sicne they will notice the water damage... but hell use it as long as you can and than make the claim as lost or stolen and you will now have parts as well. the best part about stories like that is no matter how many times that you may actually try to do that again it will never go in the damn glass or even close haha. and i remember the vibrate feature on the touch pros, the thing would go crazy and wake you up if laid on a hard surface
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alive, whys