Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 PM
abcdefg abcdefg is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: T-mobile
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View abcdefg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View abcdefg's Photo Album Add abcdefg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Newblinkie Why Do So Many Like the iPhone

I have been using and programming iPhones since they came onto the marketplace. After a number of years of trying to get the darn units to do what I wanted them to do, I grew tired of their shortcomings. I even thought I wouldn't need a real keyboard but I found myself typing a lot.. Yes, the phone is very innovative and streamlined but there has been a lot of limitations that includes no flash player. Oh, and try to get any help from the Apple stores that are miles away. Now I'm no beginner. I have been a programmer for 30 years and have used and manipulated cell phones for 25 years.
Well, one day my son, the engineer, showed me his PDA using Windows mobile 6.1. I couldn't believe how many things could be done with this OS. I took the plunge and found the HTC Touch Pro 2 from T-mobile. After adjusting the OS and adding apps, I can do more with this phone then the iPhone. It is so easy to communicate with my computer now with the Pro 2. I even have a flash player that works pretty good. And the keyboard makes typing a lot easier. Oh, and replacing the battery does not need the skill of a surgeon (as with the iPhone). I can do it with my eyes closed! And there are a ton of apps for WM OS.
Why has the iPhone surpassed Windows mobile phones? Well, advertising does help. Maybe those companies who have interest in Windows mobile should start pushing the benefits a little more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abcdefg For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Why Do So Many Like the iPhone

“ Originally Posted by abcdefg View Post

I have been using and programming iPhones since they came onto the marketplace. After a number of years of trying to get the darn units to do what I wanted them to do, I grew tired of their shortcomings. I even thought I wouldn't need a real keyboard but I found myself typing a lot.. Yes, the phone is very innovative and streamlined but there has been a lot of limitations that includes no flash player. Oh, and try to get any help from the Apple stores that are miles away. Now I'm no beginner. I have been a programmer for 30 years and have used and manipulated cell phones for 25 years.
Well, one day my son, the engineer, showed me his PDA using Windows mobile 6.1. I couldn't believe how many things could be done with this OS. I took the plunge and found the HTC Touch Pro 2 from T-mobile. After adjusting the OS and adding apps, I can do more with this phone then the iPhone. It is so easy to communicate with my computer now with the Pro 2. I even have a flash player that works pretty good. And the keyboard makes typing a lot easier. Oh, and replacing the battery does not need the skill of a surgeon (as with the iPhone). I can do it with my eyes closed! And there are a ton of apps for WM OS.
Why has the iPhone surpassed Windows mobile phones? Well, advertising does help. Maybe those companies who have interest in Windows mobile should start pushing the benefits a little more.
exactly, even android and webos from palm have passed windows mobile. i have no clue wise besides what you mentioned and thats advertising. you didnt see one wm commercial until in the past 7 months when verizon and sprint started to add wm to their commercials. than you had verizon go all out with their devices and than at&t had to say they had more so they advertised wm. wm is prolly going to have a high quarter again thanks to all of this advertising finally. what microsoft doesnt get is that they need to advertise and change the way that they are attacking apple, google, and others. Microsoft is trying to go after the weak points and exploit those by adding something small like lets say a hd radio or fm radio. now Microsoft can say that they have something that apple doesnt. all the time that they put into that they could have gone a whole different route and thought long term. if they take all of the points on why apple is better and master those and 1 up them they will be top dog, now since you have taken away all that they had that was better they are working from the ground up and the tables have turned... its all in the way that you advertise your product what moves you make at what times.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:28 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I couldn't decide what phones to get. I have an Iphone, and Android and a TP2 and I have to say I love my iphone because all the programs I have run smoothe & seamless and easy to navigate to where I want to go & what i want to do. But I'm IN LOVE with my TP2. I've only had it for a couple of days but I can't put it down. I can't wait to see what it can REALLY do. As far as my Android... its only a Cliq so I'll hold off on my opinion until I play with more. At them moment, it seems more for kids but I'm sure its just the type of Android I purchased.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:22 AM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Why Do So Many Like the iPhone

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

I couldn't decide what phones to get. I have an Iphone, and Android and a TP2 and I have to say I love my iphone because all the programs I have run smoothe & seamless and easy to navigate to where I want to go & what i want to do. But I'm IN LOVE with my TP2. I've only had it for a couple of days but I can't put it down. I can't wait to see what it can REALLY do. As far as my Android... its only a Cliq so I'll hold off on my opinion until I play with more. At them moment, it seems more for kids but I'm sure its just the type of Android I purchased.
lol...I see that one pm got u back in the game, huh, simply!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:33 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Why Do So Many Like the iPhone

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

lol...I see that one pm got u back in the game, huh, simply!
Indeed Iceman!! lololol

Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i think the iphone is popular cuz a majority of people want somthing that works and easy to use, unlike us we want to tear it apart and make it go fast and do more then it was made to do

Old 12-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

hey boom boom you didnt call me yesterday to help you
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
iphone