gadget945 gadget945 is offline   Thread Starter  
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Truck Drivers Get Stranded

Not sure how many of y'all have heard about this.

Arrow Trucking Company, based in Tulsa, OK has shut down. Not sure of all the legal and all that, all I am worried about is the drivers.

The company shut off fuel cards and basically told their drivers to leave their trucks where they were, you're not getting a paycheck this week, call back tomorrow. Well, the phones aren't getting answered, and they are stranded where ever they happened to be.

I've been working with folks locally, Arrow had an office in Houston, trying to help folks out. Major companies like Schneider and Swift have authorized their drivers to help in any way they can.

The situation just really sucks.

You can read more about it here ---

Code

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/Support-for-Stranded-Arrow-Trucking-Drivers-Coordinate-Efforts-HERE/213591833387?ref=nf
and here ---

Code

http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/b71435/schneider-national-offers-assistance-to-stranded-drivers

If anyone knows anyone that is in the trucking industry, they may know someone that needs help.

You can contact me via my facebook page, gadget945@hotmail.com or email me or text me @ 832-567-1512.

If you live near a truck stop or travel center or near a major metropolitan area, take a look around and see if there is anyone there that needs help and put them in touch with us.

Remember, it doesn't matter where you are, what country or city or town you are in; if you have it, a trucker hauled it.

Thanks to all - hope everyone has a safe and merry holiday!

Gadget

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Truck Drivers Get Stranded

i saw this when it first broke. it's efed up to say the least. and it's un-ethical and immoral. i could see if this was over the summer. but right before the largest "family" holiday of the year. W.....T.....F........ now thousands of drivers are litterally stranded across the country away from their familys.

Arrow corp, its CEO, and board of directors need their ball sacks kicked in. i hope the drivers ban together and sue the Arrow's staff personally. ya know those Bi*c&^s are having a jolly olde christmas with their blood money.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
MOY
Mobile Model: DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View COWHEAD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View COWHEAD's Photo Album Add COWHEAD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Truck Drivers Get Stranded

damn sorry to hear this
Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Truck Drivers Get Stranded

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i saw this when it first broke. it's efed up to say the least. and it's un-ethical and immoral. i could see if this was over the summer. but right before the largest "family" holiday of the year. W.....T.....F........ now thousands of drivers are litterally stranded across the country away from their familys.

Arrow corp, its CEO, and board of directors need their ball sacks kicked in. i hope the drivers ban together and sue the Arrow's staff personally. ya know those Bi*c&^s are having a jolly olde christmas with their blood money.
word this is wrong... shut your trucks off and do what freeze if your in the north with all these ice storms and huge snow storms? this is ridiculous and the arrow company is totally wrong for doing this. if your hitting bankruptcy get these guys home safe your business is ****ed anyways..... i hope while they are at home with their families each and every one of them truck drivers knock on the front door walk in the house and eat that motehr ****ers christmas dinner than kick his sorry ass out on the streets stranded while the workers are sleeping in his house.... talk about morals they have none and business ethics that they posses are just equally as bad... if i see anyone stranded ill be sure to get them in contact with you.... and btw your in texas right? anywhere near dallas? ill be there the 2nd week of july for my mami's birthday week as a surprise cant wait shes gonna be so excited when she sees the dash at her front door.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:05 AM
gadget945 gadget945 is offline   Thread Starter  
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm due east of Houston, about 10 minutes from downtown proper.

Dallas, I can make that in 3 hours if someone's bleeding bad, if I don't have a real good excuse for the Trooper, I'd say 4 and a half is more like it.

All drivers that I know personally, through my shop or as friends, are home safe. Got dinner for one of them, and am helping those who don't have internet access get in touch with new employment.

Part of their problem is that the ones that I know all had lease agreements on their trucks, so they are classified as owner/operators and have no recourse when it comes to unemployment and other benefits. To add insult to injury, they were required by the company to pay into maintenance funds and prepay on their tags and insurance - kinda like escrow - all that money is gone too; on top of the last two weeks of no pay.

Someone put the CEO's address on Google maps. His sister lives in Houston, in about a 3 million dollar house in a high end old money neighborhood.

I was kinda hoping that someone who was really studious about sticking it to bad people would be able to hack into a computer network and see if they could get a hold of some juicy bits that would help the drivers. We were trying to get a roster of their drivers to try and get them all together to file a class action suit, or at the very least, make sure they were all home okay.

All of this on top of my mother being in the hospital and getting out on Christmas Eve and now my daughter is irritated because I was so tired that I fell asleep with her sweet potato casserole in the oven and it got burnt.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, we are trying to help them as best we can.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow gadget, I'm sorry to hear your holiday season is turning out to be a rough one. But yea, at times like this it reminds me of the cheezy 80's movies where the little man sticks it to the big man.

i'll keep my personal opinion out of what "I'd" do. but i'm pretty sure flaming bags of poo is a start.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Truck Drivers Get Stranded

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

I'm due east of Houston, about 10 minutes from downtown proper.

Dallas, I can make that in 3 hours if someone's bleeding bad, if I don't have a real good excuse for the Trooper, I'd say 4 and a half is more like it.

All drivers that I know personally, through my shop or as friends, are home safe. Got dinner for one of them, and am helping those who don't have internet access get in touch with new employment.

Part of their problem is that the ones that I know all had lease agreements on their trucks, so they are classified as owner/operators and have no recourse when it comes to unemployment and other benefits. To add insult to injury, they were required by the company to pay into maintenance funds and prepay on their tags and insurance - kinda like escrow - all that money is gone too; on top of the last two weeks of no pay.

Someone put the CEO's address on Google maps. His sister lives in Houston, in about a 3 million dollar house in a high end old money neighborhood.

I was kinda hoping that someone who was really studious about sticking it to bad people would be able to hack into a computer network and see if they could get a hold of some juicy bits that would help the drivers. We were trying to get a roster of their drivers to try and get them all together to file a class action suit, or at the very least, make sure they were all home okay.

All of this on top of my mother being in the hospital and getting out on Christmas Eve and now my daughter is irritated because I was so tired that I fell asleep with her sweet potato casserole in the oven and it got burnt.

Thanks for all the good thoughts, we are trying to help them as best we can.
wow you have had a busy holiday like me than... first just past midnight on christmas day my uncle tom passes, than they admit me for my stomach troubles and make me now administer shots to my side due to chrones and didnt get out of there until 730pm on christmas.... opened presents at night and had christmas dinner when i got home.... so pretty busy myself and with the truckers my best wishes and prayers are with them and hopefully all will be ok.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
drivers, stranded, truck