Verizon Droid vs. Google Nexus One: An Ongoing Comparison

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Verizon Droid vs. Google Nexus One: An Ongoing Comparison

How does Google's own Android phone stack up against the model already on the market? Let's look at the facts (so far).

Read More From Source
The Following User Says Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Verizon Droid vs. Google Nexus One: An Ongoing Comparison

“ Originally Posted by spj annoucement View Post

How does Google's own Android phone stack up against the model already on the market? Let's look at the facts (so far).

Read More From Source

i odnt have to look at the comparison..... you know that htc and google with this being thres isnt going to allow it to be less any anything that already released motorolas version.... the nexus one will be bad ass and cant wait for it to come cdma
Old 01-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No doubt the Nexus will trump the Droid in most every way, except for the lack of a keyboard... and that, my dear friends, would prevent me from ever owning one.

I'd be willing to bet that Google/HTC are holding off on the QWERTY for a later release (assuming the no-qwerty predictions are right for the Nexus One.) HTC has a history of releasing identical phones except for the inclusion of the QWERTY.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

No doubt the Nexus will trump the Droid in most every way, except for the lack of a keyboard... and that, my dear friends, would prevent me from ever owning one.

I'd be willing to bet that Google/HTC are holding off on the QWERTY for a later release (assuming the no-qwerty predictions are right for the Nexus One.) HTC has a history of releasing identical phones except for the inclusion of the QWERTY.
yup thats for sure and there are some problems with the landscape mode as well in the newer versions of android.... that may be part of the reasons as well.. ask the droid owners that kb can be fussy at times. i feel by the end of the year once all bugs worked out of v2.1 and above of the os that they will release the google phone by htc with a keyboard.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Verizon Droid vs Google Nexus One An Ongoing Comparison

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yup thats for sure and there are some problems with the landscape mode as well in the newer versions of android.... that may be part of the reasons as well.. ask the droid owners that kb can be fussy at times. i feel by the end of the year once all bugs worked out of v2.1 and above of the os that they will release the google phone by htc with a keyboard.
and that my friends is exatcly what im waitn gon... call it a nexus pro... Lol!

"Please please come to sprint by end of the year!(crossing fingers)"

although, im bout to switch from sprint if they dont quit the latest bs... and start getting some of the newer (better phone) not crap like the samsung moment...blah!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 AM

Re: Re Verizon Droid vs Google Nexus One An Ongoing Comparison

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

and that my friends is exatcly what im waitn gon... call it a nexus pro... Lol!

"Please please come to sprint by end of the year!(crossing fingers)"

although, im bout to switch from sprint if they dont quit the latest bs... and start getting some of the newer (better phone) not crap like the samsung moment...blah!
hahahah word and i left sprint for the same reasons... they are full of shit and even with years through them and being premier they still were giving me hard time with replacements of the same model even for my broe one. they kept saying go through asurion. WHY WOULD I GO THROUGH ASURION FOR A BROKEN KEYBOARD?! on top of all that they said i madee claims that i didnt and have well over 50,000 grand of fraud that they allowed to happen AFTER a fraud alert level 3 (highest level nothing can be ordered or changed) was placed on the account. the fraud happened when i got a letter from sprint stating an employee sold my information including my password, secret question, house address, and whatever else is in their computers... i will never reccmmend sprint to anyone or go back with them since they dont care about the customer at all.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Addict

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

One of the downsides of the Droid, for me anyway, is that it's a Motorola product. Not a fan.

As for Sprint, yeah, they suck. But, that being said, I've been with Verizon and ATT (at least, back before they changed the name,) and I didn't have good experiences with any of them.

I'm out of contract, though... so, if/when an HTC keyboard enabled snapdragon comes about, I'll be prepared to jump ship, even though I absolutely love my Touch Pro.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:35 PM

One of the downsides of the Droid, for me anyway, is that it's a Motorola product. Not a fan.

As for Sprint, yeah, they suck. But, that being said, I've been with Verizon and ATT (at least, back before they changed the name,) and I didn't have good experiences with any of them.

I'm out of contract, though... so, if/when an HTC keyboard enabled snapdragon comes about, I'll be prepared to jump ship, even though I absolutely love my Touch Pro.
i love verizon so far, they have treated me great as a new customer and throughout... they go out of there way to make sure im happy and even turn computers back on after customer service closed to help me get my phone activated and such... you go into the store nand they give me a new phone for replacement with no questions or fuss added... they see the problem once they give a new one... on top of all the other stuff and the great service verizon is the shit
Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Addict

Re Verizon Droid vs Google Nexus One An Ongoing Comparison

I suppose out of the three, Verizon was the most idiotic for me.

From the very first month with them, they sent me two bills for the same phone number. I went back & forth with them every month. They'd acknowledge the problem, adjust my owed amount and "fix it." A month later, two bills. If I only paid one, the other one would end up having my phone automatically cut off. If I paid both, it was a nightmare getting credit.

Finally about 18 months into a 2 year contract, I gave up on the dolts at customer service. I researched the company on the web & found all the VPs and board members. I emailed, called, and snail mailed each and every one of them explaining my problem.

Strangely enough, it was the VP over marketing, a lady, who addressed the issue. At that point, I'd already gotten another phone with Sprint & quit paying any of the bills from Verizon. She actually called me several times over the course of maybe two weeks explaining what she was doing & checking to see how things were on my end. When all was said & done, she'd cleared my account of any back-owed amount and sent me a check for something like $400 for what she figured they'd over-billed me.

Granted, that was several years ago, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Sprint has been a basket full of idiots, but never as bad as it was with Verizon. I've never heard of anyone having issues with them like I had.

Cingular, while never as mindless as Sprint, were just plain evil imo... but that's another story.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:20 PM

Re: Re Verizon Droid vs Google Nexus One An Ongoing Comparison

I suppose out of the three, Verizon was the most idiotic for me.

From the very first month with them, they sent me two bills for the same phone number. I went back & forth with them every month. They'd acknowledge the problem, adjust my owed amount and "fix it." A month later, two bills. If I only paid one, the other one would end up having my phone automatically cut off. If I paid both, it was a nightmare getting credit.

Finally about 18 months into a 2 year contract, I gave up on the dolts at customer service. I researched the company on the web & found all the VPs and board members. I emailed, called, and snail mailed each and every one of them explaining my problem.

Strangely enough, it was the VP over marketing, a lady, who addressed the issue. At that point, I'd already gotten another phone with Sprint & quit paying any of the bills from Verizon. She actually called me several times over the course of maybe two weeks explaining what she was doing & checking to see how things were on my end. When all was said & done, she'd cleared my account of any back-owed amount and sent me a check for something like $400 for what she figured they'd over-billed me.

Granted, that was several years ago, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Sprint has been a basket full of idiots, but never as bad as it was with Verizon. I've never heard of anyone having issues with them like I had.

Cingular, while never as mindless as Sprint, were just plain evil imo... but that's another story.

hahah word they fix all the billing iussues withing minutes including 40 dollar change onm the only issue i had with my bill... was on and off the phone widthin 5 minutes literally.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Addict

That's what I'm hearing with everyone else I know who has them... and the surveys that have come out rating customer service seem to back it up. That's one of the reasons why, when I do toy around with the idea of leaving Sprint, even though they gave me hell in the past, I only really look at Verizon.

It's weird... for the longest time, I thought cell phone customers were just going to have to put up with bad customer service because it seemed that was all there was in the industry. I remember Clark Howard, a consumer advocate guy, saying that the market was wide open for a company to come along & actually take care of their customers. That had to be 10 years ago.

I guess Verizon was/is the only company to really step up to that plate.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM

That's what I'm hearing with everyone else I know who has them... and the surveys that have come out rating customer service seem to back it up. That's one of the reasons why, when I do toy around with the idea of leaving Sprint, even though they gave me hell in the past, I only really look at Verizon.

It's weird... for the longest time, I thought cell phone customers were just going to have to put up with bad customer service because it seemed that was all there was in the industry. I remember Clark Howard, a consumer advocate guy, saying that the market was wide open for a company to come along & actually take care of their customers. That had to be 10 years ago.

I guess Verizon was/is the only company to really step up to that plate.
yes i would say som they are doing great in my opinion and have treated me like i have been with them since day one and are there most valuable customer each and every time im in the store or talking over the phone... and hell you cant beat their lineup as well especially now sicne the nexus one is coming to verizon and vodafone shortly after t-mobile release and not sprint which is great news! i cant wait to see the puppy in action.. think i may miss the keyboard and may be the only thing stopping me from getting it... i would love the 1ghz snap dragon processor though! (enough to make me drool)
Old 01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Addict

Add to that line-up the upcoming Apple tablet will run on their network... They're certainly on a roll!

...a far cry from where they were when I left them.
Post New ThreadReply