Google's Nexus One Phone: Questions and Answers

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Google's Nexus One Phone: Questions and Answers

Google's Nexus One has arrived. Here's a complete breakdown of what the phone is and isn't, how it compares to other Android devices, and what its debut means for you.

Read More From Source
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Googles Nexus One Phone Questions and Answers

Nice little write up.

I like what they said about the hardware not really being anything revolutionary. Sure, it's faster and has a prettier screen, but there's nothing really Earth shattering about the hardware. I recently said something pretty similar about phone hardware in general.
Link
In fact, with the TP2's truly global radio capabilities, the Nexus One trails the TP2 in that arena, at least.

In fact, I see a few areas where there is room for hardware improvements... multitouch, keyboard, radio... and it looks kinda' bland. LOL.

It's the software that sports the revolutionary stuff like voice-text entry in any app. I'm not knocking the device. It kicks butt... BUT, it's not the end all of phones. It's just the 1st snapdragon...

I also found it interesting when Rubin said they weren't making the phone... just marketing it. Interesting. If I were Motorola, I'd be weary of that comment. It would either bode for some favoritism, or I'd want in on the action.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Googles Nexus One Phone Questions and Answers

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Nice little write up.

I like what they said about the hardware not really being anything revolutionary. Sure, it's faster and has a prettier screen, but there's nothing really Earth shattering about the hardware. I recently said something pretty similar about phone hardware in general.
Link
In fact, with the TP2's truly global radio capabilities, the Nexus One trails the TP2 in that arena, at least.

In fact, I see a few areas where there is room for hardware improvements... multitouch, keyboard, radio... and it looks kinda' bland. LOL.

It's the software that sports the revolutionary stuff like voice-text entry in any app. I'm not knocking the device. It kicks butt... BUT, it's not the end all of phones. It's just the 1st snapdragon...

I also found it interesting when Rubin said they weren't making the phone... just marketing it. Interesting. If I were Motorola, I'd be weary of that comment. It would either bode for some favoritism, or I'd want in on the action.

they can want all they want but what are they going to do? motorola cant keep up with the pockets of google and any company is going to want google on their side just like they would want the iphone.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Google's Nexus One Phone: Questions and Answers

so what you got to say about that iphone? ............................waiting on a response.......................................... ............yawning............................... ..................................ok get back at us when you have time, instead of making new applications.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm actually excited to see how well the phone preformes with gmail, google voice, etc. all synced at the same time.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

I'm actually excited to see how well the phone preformes with gmail, google voice, etc. all synced at the same time.
i was interested in the same thing, i know sevenmail beta had it worked out pretty good toward the end there and never had any troubles or fusses from it. i guess we will have to wait and see when someone does a full review on that... im sure that there will be one.
Post New ThreadReply