Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
TVDinner TVDinner is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Auto Correct Question

On the fuze how can I program the phone so it will automatically change words as I type them. For example typing an "i" all by itsel automatically becomes an "I". or march become March.

There is a find and replace option, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for Auto Correct where you type in Replace:______ With __________

Please advise. Thanks!

Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Auto Correct Question

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

On the fuze how can I program the phone so it will automatically change words as I type them. For example typing an "i" all by itsel automatically becomes an "I". or march become March.

There is a find and replace option, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for Auto Correct where you type in Replace:______ With __________

Please advise. Thanks!
it should automatically do the i for you but the other with the months and all it wont do months and other capital words like names per say....
Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 AM

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it should automatically do the i for you but the other with the months and all it wont do months and other capital words like names per say....
it does not. the auto correct items need to be manually set and I don't know how to do it and cant find where to do it. If I can find the auto correct area I can easily add all of the ones I need (including the months, days, etc)

What is amazing to me is that for a phone that is supposed to be so "advanced" it really is missing a ton of basic features that all of the blackberry's have as standard features.

See attached for the type of area I am looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
autocorrect.jpg  

Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM

I have to research this more - might be some answer here - http://www.ppcmobility.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63

--------- New Post Merged on 4/12/2008 at 1217 --------

I think this would be the solution and is the exact feature I was asking about - http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=Wor...r&platform=ppc

But I am still trying to make it work. It installed with no problems and shows in the programs folder and I can open it up and add new items, but I can not figure out how to activate it to work with text, emails, Word, etc.

would love some help if possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 03:07 PM

the auto correct program i was researching DOES NOT work with WM6 and it does not look like the guy plans to update it since WM6 operates completely differently with the dictionary.
I am not sure I like the T9 feature on the FUZE, but it seems to be the only auto correct / auto completion feature currently available. I am looking forward to new programs and features that come out in the future.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
auto, correct, question