Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
TVDinner TVDinner is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Fuze Cover I bought

I found this one recommended on another site and thought for $10 it was worth checking out. I received it today and it really fits well on the phone and barely adds any size to the unit. Here are the pictures and a link to where I bought it from.

1) I put it on and took it off and it looks like it does not scratch or damage the phone in any way.
2) you can also add a belt clip (see square hole on the back of the case.
3) I am able to reach all buttons, stylus, etc with no issues at all.

UPDATE - This case causes some problems. After having it on for a few days the screen stopped working when the cover was on. From my investigating it seems to put to much pressure on the upper left corner of the case/screen, causing the screen to stop responding to touch commands. I would not recommend this case, even for $10..... I have taken the case off and there are no issues at all with the phone, so clearly the case is the problem.

Link to item on Ebay where I bought it - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300275132561
Delivered in under a week, which was excellent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Fuze Cover I bought

Not bad lookin....is it rubber or plastic?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:28 PM

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

Not bad lookin....is it rubber or plastic?
I think it is plastic, with a rubber cover/feel. Really feels good when you are holding it. I am pretty happy so far with my initial opinion.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

I found this one recommended on another site and thought for $10 it was worth checking out. I received it today and it really fits well on the phone and barely adds any size to the unit. Here are the pictures and a link to where I bought it from.

1) I put it on and took it off and it looks like it does not scratch or damage the phone in any way.
2) you can also add a belt clip (see square hole on the back of the case.
3) I am able to reach all buttons, stylus, etc with no issues at all.

Link to item on Ebay where I bought it - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300275132561
Delivered in under a week, which was excellent
nice looking case but i wouldnt be able to handle not having the recessed screen and button feel... that would just drive me insane.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:30 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

nice looking case but i wouldnt be able to handle not having the recessed screen and button feel... that would just drive me insane.
what do you mean? I can access the buttons and the screen exactly the same as I could before. It literally is so thin that it feels exactly the same as it did before, just not as slippery, lol

Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea he means it would be like the mogul, where the screen isnt flush with the edges. You have that little lip on the edges.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 01:43 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea he means it would be like the mogul, where the screen isnt flush with the edges. You have that little lip on the edges.
yuppers exactly what i was talking about :>
Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 AM

DASH - can you please update my FIRST post in this thread with this Warning for people:

------------------
UPDATE - This case causes some problems. After having it on for a few days the screen stopped working when the cover was on. From my investigating it seems to put to much pressure on the upper left corner of the case/screen, causing the screen to stop responding to touch commands. I would not recommend this case, even for $10..... I have taken the case off and there are no issues at all with the phone, so clearly the case is the problem.

I am not sure why it worked perfectly for a few days and then started having issues, but it did.
-----------------

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 AM

DASH - can you please update my FIRST post in this thread with this Warning for people:

------------------

I am not sure why it worked perfectly for a few days and then started having issues, but it did.
-----------------
thanks for the update and will add the above to the first post.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have the exact same case, but for the Sprint version Touch Pro. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and it's the best case I've seen out there. I really like the rubberized plastic and its very good quality for ebay. It looks exactly the same except it doesnt have the diamond cut out. It's also probably a different size due to the size difference between the Pro and the Fuze. I haven't had any of the reported issues you are having with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbogart100 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2008, 12:23 PM

I am wondering if I should try to carve out the upper tip right corner a little to relieve whatever pressure it is putting on the screen and frame and causing the issue. not sure how to do that, lol, but considering it.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 PM

I am wondering if I should try to carve out the upper tip right corner a little to relieve whatever pressure it is putting on the screen and frame and causing the issue. not sure how to do that, lol, but considering it.
are you sure this is really the cdma version and not the gsm..... the gsm is a litle thinner which could be causing what you are explaining... and my first thought way back when you osted it is that it reminds me of a gsm version because of the back.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this cover is for GSM because of the diamond cutout. He has the fuze so the case SHOULD fit. My case is different (dimesions/camera cutout) because its a cdma version of the same case. My final verdict...a phone this beautiful shouldn't be locked up in a cage. My cover is off. If you have to go with a cover however, i really think this is the way to go, at least with the cdma version.

I dunno if you should go modding the case unless u can get it perfect, because wouldn't any inperfections just stratch your phone?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:12 PM

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

this cover is for GSM because of the diamond cutout. He has the fuze so the case SHOULD fit. My case is different (dimesions/camera cutout) because its a cdma version of the same case. My final verdict...a phone this beautiful shouldn't be locked up in a cage. My cover is off. If you have to go with a cover however, i really think this is the way to go, at least with the cdma version.

I dunno if you should go modding the case unless u can get it perfect, because wouldn't any inperfections just stratch your phone?
that is my worry also, scratching or damaging the phone in the upper left corner. I just played with the case again and i was wrong above. It is the upper left corner of the screen that is getting the pressure that is causing the screen to freeze. I think I am going to try to shave this down a little tonight and see what happens. For $10 I don't mind if I ruin it.

I hope Seido or one of the other better companies comes out with something soon specifically for the Fuze

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have the exact same case, but for the Sprint version Touch Pro. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and it's the best case I've seen out there. I really like the rubberized plastic and its very good quality for ebay. It looks exactly the same except it doesnt have the diamond cut out. It's also probably a different size due to the size difference between the Pro and the Fuze. I haven't had any of the reported issues you are having with it.
werd same here...sprint version... vave had mine since like late October...still perfect...with no issues.After all what can i say i miss the mogul alittle..so the screen is no issue..my sensitivity is perfect...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:36 PM

new belt clip available for the fuze.....

Code

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HLHTFEAS
I am going to try to shave down my cover from this thread tonight and see if it does anything to fix the issue. I hope so because I really like this cover

The Following User Says Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2008, 06:22 PM

Using my wife's nail files, which had rounded ends that fit well against the cover, I have sanded down the inside upper left part of the case and put it back on. It seems to be working currently. I will sand more if the same problem happens again. I really like this case so hope it works.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAGE_054.jpg   IMAGE_055.jpg  

Old 12-17-2008, 07:11 PM

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...tCode=HLHTFEAS

new belt clip available for the fuze.....

I am going to try to shave down my cover from this thread tonight and see if it does anything to fix the issue. I hope so because I really like this cover
Gotta code outside links bro.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2008, 07:17 PM

Gotta code outside links bro.....
sorry - it wont let me edit my post. can you do it?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM

sorry - it wont let me edit my post. can you do it?
I can't, not until I'm full staff. Someone else will have to.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:09 PM

damn i cant believe he had the fuze lmao.... i could have sworn that he had the verizon verison.

I can't, not until I'm full staff. Someone else will have to.
all done good looking on catching it.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM

Using my wife's nail files, which had rounded ends that fit well against the cover, I have sanded down the inside upper left part of the case and put it back on. It seems to be working currently. I will sand more if the same problem happens again. I really like this case so hope it works.
just got back from over an hour at the gym and so far the screen is still working with the shaved down case on it. Now it did work for a few days the first time and then stopped, so we will see if it happens again. But so far, after shaving the inside of the case down a little last night, it seems to be working with the FUZE again.

I will update if anything changes for people looking to purchase this case.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:19 AM

The new Seidio innocase surface is now available.

It is $29.95, which is a little more then the other one offered on ebay. Not sure if it has the same issues as the cheaper one?

Has anyone tried this seidio case yet?

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=513

DASH - I tried to create a new thread for this case, but the site kept giving me an error each time I tried, so I put it the info here.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:47 AM

The new Seidio innocase surface is now available.

It is $29.95, which is a little more then the other one offered on ebay. Not sure if it has the same issues as the cheaper one?

Has anyone tried this seidio case yet?

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=513

DASH - I tried to create a new thread for this case, but the site kept giving me an error each time I tried, so I put it the info here.
Hey TVDinner, where you getting the error that you have to enter a title and message also? Ive been gettin that all night

Old 12-21-2008, 04:49 AM

Hey TVDinner, where you getting the error that you have to enter a title and message also? Ive been gettin that all night
Yes, that is exactly the error I am getting. I sent a PM to Dash so he would know and hopefully be able to fix! The site also seems a little slow to me (page transitions, etc)

Old 12-21-2008, 04:50 AM

e uze over bought

Yes, that is exactly the error I am getting. I sent a PM to Dash so he would know and hopefully be able to fix! The site also seems a little slow to me (page transitions, etc)
Yea, I'm talkin to PB about that rite now, I'll keep you posted

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 12:08 PM

its the title that you are adding nothing is wrong.... you just cant add symbols and all that jazz to the title... you take them out and you will be able to post without troubles.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
bought, cover, fuze