Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM
TVDinner TVDinner is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Fuze Battery Drain Test

I am a pretty heavy user, but today I did a test to see how the battery on the HTC Fuze performed. I used the phone for normal calls and a ton of emails and texts received and sent out. I wanted to see how long it would take drain the batter while using for phone and doing very few internet searches, no instant message or Sirius connection – just phone, email and text use.

Some initial notes
1)I am using spb mobile shell for my today and touch screen options.
2)I have spb phone suite installed and have the phone set on vibrate all. So no sounds, just vibrates when I get calls, emails, text. No sounds at all set for event notifications
3)I did not turn off 3G during this test.

Record of the day:
- Phone was plugged in overnight to charge and at 100% power when unplugged at 7:30am for daily use.
- 1:30pm: 6 hours in and the battery is at at 33%
- 2:30pm: had to sync to my laptop to install program. I checked the “When device is turn on, do not charge the battery when connected to the PC so no new juice would be given to the battery during the battery life test. But my batter was now at 10% and I started getting warnings about plugging it in to avoid loosing memory.

SO the end result of my test was that my phone lasted 7 hours before needing to be plugged back in to charge. That is pretty bad since my Blackberry Curve used to last well over 10 hours with very heavy use. I hope there is an extended option available soon or I will have to either buy a second battery to always have on me OR just plug it in all day when by my computer. Pretty disappointing in my opinion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Fuze Battery Drain Test

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

I am a pretty heavy user, but today I did a test to see how the battery on the HTC Fuze performed. I used the phone for normal calls and a ton of emails and texts received and sent out. I wanted to see how long it would take drain the batter while using for phone and doing very few internet searches, no instant message or Sirius connection – just phone, email and text use.

Some initial notes
1)I am using spb mobile shell for my today and touch screen options.
2)I have spb phone suite installed and have the phone set on vibrate all. So no sounds, just vibrates when I get calls, emails, text. No sounds at all set for event notifications
3)I did not turn off 3G during this test.

Record of the day:
- Phone was plugged in overnight to charge and at 100% power when unplugged at 7:30am for daily use.
- 1:30pm: 6 hours in and the battery is at at 33%
- 2:30pm: had to sync to my laptop to install program. I checked the “When device is turn on, do not charge the battery when connected to the PC so no new juice would be given to the battery during the battery life test. But my batter was now at 10% and I started getting warnings about plugging it in to avoid loosing memory.

SO the end result of my test was that my phone lasted 7 hours before needing to be plugged back in to charge. That is pretty bad since my Blackberry Curve used to last well over 10 hours with very heavy use. I hope there is an extended option available soon or I will have to either buy a second battery to always have on me OR just plug it in all day when by my computer. Pretty disappointing in my opinion.
sprints was worse on the diamond and the pro..... we were getting 3 hours with moderate use and it would be down to 30% or so..... keep on the lookout for some custom roms to be dropping soon becuase they do miracles with the battery life.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 PM

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

custom roms, lol. I will need some serious help with making those work, haha.

One thing I did do that seems to be helping after todays battery test was change my email send/receive settings. I have 4 different email accounts pulling to the phone and they were all set to send/receive every 5 minutes, which I read on another site was draining the battery quickly. Now I have 2 of them set to pull once every hour and the other 2 every 10 or 15 minutes. It has immediately made a positive difference to the battery life. I will continue to look for tweeks that add a little bit of battery life hear and there.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:52 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

custom roms, lol. I will need some serious help with making those work, haha.

One thing I did do that seems to be helping after todays battery test was change my email send/receive settings. I have 4 different email accounts pulling to the phone and they were all set to send/receive every 5 minutes, which I read on another site was draining the battery quickly. Now I have 2 of them set to pull once every hour and the other 2 every 10 or 15 minutes. It has immediately made a positive difference to the battery life. I will continue to look for tweeks that add a little bit of battery life hear and there.
for sure and dont know too many verizon guys but i will see what i can dig up on this phone for you :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2008, 07:56 PM

It is AT&T only for the htc fuze

Dash, is there a thread on this site for ways to use the Advanced Config Tool to make changes that help save battery life.

and along those lines is there just a thread that talks about the different things you can di with the adv config tool

Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM

It is AT&T only for the htc fuze

Dash, is there a thread on this site for ways to use the Advanced Config Tool to make changes that help save battery life.

and along those lines is there just a thread that talks about the different things you can di with the adv config tool
well the fuze is the touch pro and verizon, sprint , and alltel also have the model.... each model is different in some ways than the others..... and for all questions on the advanced config tool they belong in the thread where the app is so all info stays in one spot for easy find and access.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 02:47 PM

I have flashed a new rom and added a new radio to see how the battery drain is effected. I will post here after tomorrow when I allow the phone to go all day without plugging it in. hopefully I will see a longer battery life then earlier reported or I will have to try another radio or Rom. More soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Fuze
Mobile Carrier: ATT

View whitefalcon111's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whitefalcon111's Photo Album Add whitefalcon111's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well as far as power, the more features you add the more power drain, I would bet your old phone if you could port all the capability to it that your fuze has would have about the same power drain and max power of 7 hours to.
That is just speculation.
In my searches on fuze info etc there are two suggestions to improve power drain,
- adjust the email updated to only every hour or more if feasible.
- adjust the power for the lcd screen to its lowest setting. No reason to have it very bright, a medim setting is plenty bright for most rooms.
- I suggest getting a second battery and a battery charger. I am speaking of the kinds that charge outside the phone. Then who cares you have a second full charged battery to pop in.
The Following User Says Thank You to whitefalcon111 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
battery, drain, fuze, test