Notices

Will ALLTEL rom work in other countries?

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 PM
MattOktaNZ MattOktaNZ is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Okta)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View MattOktaNZ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MattOktaNZ's Photo Album Add MattOktaNZ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Will ALLTEL rom work in other countries?

I have a Vogue on the Telecom New Zealand network and would like to run the GPS and RevA rom.. Is it likely to work?

I recall a few years back I took my old Nokia cellphone from NZ to the US and it roamed so I'm hopeful the radio rom isn't country specific as such. I know our CDMA network supports RevA too

Any telecom NZ people out there tried it? (I've seen a few NZ references on here so I'm hopeful) The Andriod port to the HTC Touch was by an NZ'r so I'll hit him up for info too
Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Will ALLTEL rom work in other countries?

“ Originally Posted by MattOktaNZ View Post

I have a Vogue on the Telecom New Zealand network and would like to run the GPS and RevA rom.. Is it likely to work?

I recall a few years back I took my old Nokia cellphone from NZ to the US and it roamed so I'm hopeful the radio rom isn't country specific as such. I know our CDMA network supports RevA too

Any telecom NZ people out there tried it? (I've seen a few NZ references on here so I'm hopeful) The Andriod port to the HTC Touch was by an NZ'r so I'll hit him up for info too
yes it will work without problems.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 PM
MattOktaNZ MattOktaNZ is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Okta)

View MattOktaNZ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MattOktaNZ's Photo Album Add MattOktaNZ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Will ALLTEL rom work in other countries?

"Be very careful upgrading your okta touch (htc vogue) to enable the GPS. Before you do it, write down the HDR authentication password, available in the EPST menu under security, (unlock code is ******). Upgrading the radio will wipe this password, you will only have 1X data and Telecom won't help you!"

I just found this snippet from the little bit of NZ info I can find.

Does resetting during the customisation get round this I wonder if I can't find the unlock code. Ooor is that what the unlocker does
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alltel, countries, rom, work