Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Robkiyo Robkiyo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC 6800
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Robkiyo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Robkiyo's Photo Album Add Robkiyo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
PPC6800 flash to boost

Ok this might be a stupid question but I had my Mogul flashed to Boost Unlimited. And I want to put the new 6.5 flash on my Mogul, but not know if one flash will mess with the other has stopped me from doing. So please tell me it will be safe because I don't think I can reflash back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robkiyo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PPC6800 flash

“ Originally Posted by Robkiyo View Post

Ok this might be a stupid question but I had my Mogul flashed to Boost Unlimited. And I want to put the new 6.5 flash on my Mogul, but not know if one flash will mess with the other has stopped me from doing. So please tell me it will be safe because I don't think I can reflash back.
as long as its a 6.5 rom thats compatible with boost you should be fine. is there a 6.5 version of the rom you are running now?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL P6800
Mobile Carrier: Boost Unlimited

View badm0nkey's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View badm0nkey's Photo Album Add badm0nkey's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

not a 6.5 but the kaos rom here on spj that I found
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badm0nkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by badm0nkey View Post

not a 6.5 but the kaos rom here on spj that I found
okay, im confused. i thought it was robkiyo who needed help.... do you want a 6.5 boost mobile rom too? or just a 6.5 rom for your mogul?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you can flash without troubles, sdwyz does them here all the time
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Mobile Model: TP/MOG/950
Mobile Carrier: sprint/boost CDMA

View sdwyz74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sdwyz74's Photo Album Add sdwyz74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PPC6800 flash to boost

“ Originally Posted by Robkiyo View Post

i found the best results using a mogul on BOOST CDMA is to NOT FLASH TO BOOST (JUST FIND THE ROM YOU WANT HERE AND FLASH IT you will be better of as there was no boost mogul ever and you will run into programing problems see when i do my sprint phones on BOOST CDMA I NEVER FLASH THEM being that the boost is already sprint so when you enter the esn in the system they will know it's a SPRINT phone anyway the only problem you will have with the phone are picture mail and maybe the GPS and TV and thats only because the GPS&TV are postpaid so when you use them threw a BOOST CDMA HANDEST you are getting the service free but it is for a LIMITED TIME ONLY as they will find out sooner or later and then it just stops working but when you flash one of the many (dope ass custom roms from SPJ) all that will be remedy as you can get different GPS and TV also the picture mail can be fixed also as it is just setting that need to be tweeked by taking the settings out of a BOOST CDMA handset (i recomend the W385) thats what i use and my picture mail works perfected! anyway if you need help just ask

--------- New Post Merged on 7/8/2009 at 0521 --------

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you can flash without troubles, sdwyz does them here all the time
not exactly no trobles but thanks for mentioning me i appreiate it! and like i said i found it's best to leave it all sprint as the BOOST FLASH tweeks it to BAD most of the time you end up with TALK&TEXT ONLY!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdwyz74 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Robkiyo Robkiyo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC 6800

View Robkiyo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Robkiyo's Photo Album Add Robkiyo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks so much sdwyz, man you guys are great here!!! That was a perfect answer to questions I haven't even asked yet because I hate being a noob. You Rock SDWZ!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robkiyo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Mobile Model: mogul
Mobile Carrier: metro pcs

View caryf's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View caryf's Photo Album Add caryf's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hi I am new to all this just wanted thank all of yall for all the great info I have got off of here!! A couple of questions .. How do you determine if someone has cdma boost or the other one and if they do have cdma where can i get step by step instructions on how to program the phone? I am trying to switch my family from sprint to boost in hopes of saveing over $150 per month in phone bills . We all have sprint phones(mogul, blackberry, touch pro) I am new to all this so please remember that when helping me out. Thanks again... Oh one more question I also have a mogul flashed to metro pcs with windows 6 I would like to upgrade to something with built in touch flo and or scrolling and stacked text messgs, slide to unlock and or slide to answer. ook thanks again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caryf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2009, 02:59 PM

View sdwyz74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sdwyz74's Photo Album Add sdwyz74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by caryf View Post

Hi I am new to all this just wanted thank all of yall for all the great info I have got off of here!! A couple of questions .. How do you determine if someone has cdma boost or the other one and if they do have cdma where can i get step by step instructions on how to program the phone? I am trying to switch my family from sprint to boost in hopes of saveing over $150 per month in phone bills . We all have sprint phones(mogul, blackberry, touch pro) I am new to all this so please remember that when helping me out. Thanks again... Oh one more question I also have a mogul flashed to metro pcs with windows 6 I would like to upgrade to something with built in touch flo and or scrolling and stacked text messgs, slide to unlock and or slide to answer. ook thanks again
well you got your work cut out for you as SPRINT will NOT PORT YOUR NUMBER DIRECTLY IN as they are trading you to there same service cheaper price so when you go to port your number in they will tell you it is not eligible to port in but i have a fix for everything (at LEAST for situation) now there is the easy way and there is the hard way 1(the hard way) is to port out to another company and when your number shows up as there's then port back in and Bada Bing Bada Bang you got your number/numbers (but remember this could take up to 10 days as sprint will not get off there KEISTER to RELEASE YOUR NUMBER (also depending on your number there is a 50% chance you can loose or at least thats what they like to tell me) ok the 2nd way is to go buy the WALKIE TALKIE iden service (get the cheapest ones i425=$29.00) DO NOT PUT THEM ON THE $50 unlimited plan JUST PUT A TEN DOLLAR CARD ON THEM AND USE FOR 2/3 DAYS AND THEN CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE and tell them your family does not like the service and ask them to migrate you over from IDEN(pre-paid nextel) to CDMA(pre-paid SPRINT)but this is costly although in the end you'll be paying 600 a year plus tax versus what your paying now also you can keep your TP and your mogul but the blackberry will have to go as only the talk and text will work the internet WILL NOT WORK as it runs on a different system

PS the 3rd and easiest way(sorry i forgot to mention) WOULD BE TO JUST SCRAP YOUR OLD NUMBERS and take the NEW NUMBERS and just let all your friends and family your number changed update your contacts your good!

BUT JUST A WORD FROM THE WISE YOU MUST LIVE IN ONE OF THE 13 STATES THAT BOOST SELLS THE BOOST CDMA SERVICE if not i can help you!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sdwyz74 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2009, 02:07 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by qdubb View Post

the whole flashing thing is buggin me out im scared

--------- New Post Merged on 23/8/2009 at 0215 --------

does n e body kno how often somebody screws that phone up
the people that follow the steps never have problems..... just make sure to read the guide
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM

is there anyone on this site thats on boost CDMA or trying to flash to Boost CDMA
The Following User Says Thank You to sdwyz74 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am actually looking at switching over to Boost.....I need to go by one of their stores and find out if CDMA has hit my area yet or if it is still just IDEN..(I am in Denver)...I can be patient....Currently I am on Cricket and have been able to write a couple of ROMS etc for them for Mogul, but if i can get to "Sprint"/Boost service and NOT have to do all the work for the same functions, I am good with that!

thanks for all the insight SDWZ!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Mobile Model: htc mogul 6800

View latingrimreaper's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View latingrimreaper's Photo Album Add latingrimreaper's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I would like to know how to flash my htc mogul to boost rom how would I be able to do it ...I don't see a link to the instructions can someone please help
Old 09-29-2009, 08:53 PM

“ Originally Posted by latingrimreaper View Post

I would like to know how to flash my htc mogul to boost rom how would I be able to do it ...I don't see a link to the instructions can someone please help
there isnt a boost rom per say... you have to make changes to the way the phone is setup manually..... the best guy to talk to for that is sdwyz, honest guy and im sure he would do it for you for a small fee....
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re PPC6800 flash to boost

“ Originally Posted by sdwyz74 View Post

is there anyone on this site thats on boost CDMA or trying to flash to Boost CDMA

I'm almost ready. I just bought a Mogul on Ebay and I should be picking up my c290 on Nov. 1st. I'm currently using an i9 on Boost IDEN, so I'll be porting over my number to c290 and then about 10 days later I'll switch to the Mogul. I just need to figure out what ROM I'm going to run on the Mogul right now. Eye candy is cool, but I'm going to be using it for my Real Estate business, I'm hoping for heavy connectivity so I need a lot of push email, texting and flash internet stuff.

I'm thinking a really clean and stable 6.5 ROM that will hopefully allow some kind of GPS integration as well. Probably Skyfire will be the browser of choice, because my Multiple Listing Service requires login in a flash frame. The reason I leaned toward the Mogul was the IR port. I can open lockboxes with it and it saves me from carrying around a electronic key.

Any advice on settings or recommended ROMs?

I think I can flash this soon and play around with the phone before I activate service, right? Will the WiFi work without a phone plan?

As you can tell, I'm excited about this new tool slash toy.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Re: Re PPC6800 flash to boost

“ Originally Posted by jetpack View Post

I'm almost ready. I just bought a Mogul on Ebay and I should be picking up my c290 on Nov. 1st. I'm currently using an i9 on Boost IDEN, so I'll be porting over my number to c290 and then about 10 days later I'll switch to the Mogul. I just need to figure out what ROM I'm going to run on the Mogul right now. Eye candy is cool, but I'm going to be using it for my Real Estate business, I'm hoping for heavy connectivity so I need a lot of push email, texting and flash internet stuff.

I'm thinking a really clean and stable 6.5 ROM that will hopefully allow some kind of GPS integration as well. Probably Skyfire will be the browser of choice, because my Multiple Listing Service requires login in a flash frame. The reason I leaned toward the Mogul was the IR port. I can open lockboxes with it and it saves me from carrying around a electronic key.

Any advice on settings or recommended ROMs?

I think I can flash this soon and play around with the phone before I activate service, right? Will the WiFi work without a phone plan?

As you can tell, I'm excited about this new tool slash toy.

kaos makes really good roms but i dont (hulk does) do the whole boost thing or know where to start to tell the truth.... im sure he will see this and be able to get you hooked up.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 PM

View jetpack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jetpack's Photo Album Add jetpack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

kaos makes really good roms but i dont (hulk does) do the whole boost thing or know where to start to tell the truth.... im sure he will see this and be able to get you hooked up.

And kaos rocks because I don't think he even has a Mogul anymore, but he keeps cooking some sweet ROMs for us poor folks. I was goofing off with the stock ROM today and it's really geared towards using the stylus. I'm looking forward to a more "finger friendly" GUI.

I'm already catching the disease. I'm dreaming of a Touch Pro2 ever since I saw you showing off Goku's RSS ROM. I don't feel I'm ready to drive that bad boy (and the wife will have a fit if I brick a phone that expensive!)

I don't think Boost wants to activate the newer smartphones. I've heard of a few people getting TP2s online, but so far no Palm Pres, no Heros, ect.

I'll learn the ropes with this Mogul and when I get some deals closing, I'll see if I can sneak the Touch Pro 2 past the wife.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 PM

Re: Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

And kaos rocks because I don't think he even has a Mogul anymore, but he keeps cooking some sweet ROMs for us poor folks. I was goofing off with the stock ROM today and it's really geared towards using the stylus. I'm looking forward to a more "finger friendly" GUI.

I'm already catching the disease. I'm dreaming of a Touch Pro2 ever since I saw you showing off Goku's RSS ROM. I don't feel I'm ready to drive that bad boy (and the wife will have a fit if I brick a phone that expensive!)

I don't think Boost wants to activate the newer smartphones. I've heard of a few people getting TP2s online, but so far no Palm Pres, no Heros, ect.

I'll learn the ropes with this Mogul and when I get some deals closing, I'll see if I can sneak the Touch Pro 2 past the wife.
that was just a touch pro my man the touch pro 2 is wayyyy more bad ass!! damn ill tell you what take a look a this which is what you can do without custom roms sicne unlocker is coming today or tomorrow...... such a bog screen and so sexy... google for the pics

thanks to probex for the theme and yes thats my tp2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9XlmO2nPaE
Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 PM

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

I am actually looking at switching over to Boost.....I need to go by one of their stores and find out if CDMA has hit my area yet or if it is still just IDEN..(I am in Denver)...I can be patient....Currently I am on Cricket and have been able to write a couple of ROMS etc for them for Mogul, but if i can get to "Sprint"/Boost service and NOT have to do all the work for the same functions, I am good with that!

thanks for all the insight SDWZ!!!!!!!!!!

do you live in DENVER if so boost cdma will work for you but you will have to give them a different address to get hooked up i can list all the states if you need but dont sweat it as the BOOST CDMA GETS COVERAGE WHEREVER SPRINT DOES AND THATS EVERYWHERE EXCEPT MONTANA & WYOMING so you just take the shit number there gonna give you like LA or Vegas and then you call back and hope they got a area code in your state and city ( they do but because of marketing issue with there parent company SPRINT) they cant give out certain area codes! thats why they only sell the BOOST CDMA in 13 states anyway if you need help let me know

--------- New Post Merged on 24/10/2009 at 0144 --------

“ Originally Posted by latingrimreaper View Post

if you need me let me know i can get it up and running for you !

--------- New Post Merged on 24/10/2009 at 0117 --------

there isnt a boost rom per say... you have to make changes to the way the phone is setup manually..... the best guy to talk to for that is sdwyz, honest guy and im sure he would do it for you for a small fee....

thanks GMD i needed that and yes i am honest and could get anyone who wants boost cdma up and running for a small fee or i can share the know how with them for free? thanks again D/\SH and everyone at SPJ
Old 10-25-2009, 02:28 AM

Re Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

that was just a touch pro my man the touch pro 2 is wayyyy more bad ass!! damn ill tell you what take a look a this which is what you can do without custom roms sicne unlocker is coming today or tomorrow...... such a bog screen and so sexy... google for the pics

thanks to probex for the theme and yes thats my tp2
Dude, that's just sick. So there isn't even a custom ROM for it yet? I don't know what the best deals are on it, I saw 1 that hadn't had a bid on Ebay for 250. I just think it's a bit borderline to have Boost connect that up. They don't seem to want the newest phones fully using their Sprint network.

Man, I would be LOVING that phone though....
Old 11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Mobile Model: unlocked htc touch

View Doc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Doc's Photo Album Add Doc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Gotta question i hear you have to buy a cdma boost which is comin in the mail soon...c290 to be exact, activate, swap esn and ur good. But could you just tell the customer service rep that you wana activate your "c290" and give them the sprints esn number. fyi the c290 has 11 number just as the mogul...so im tlkin bout cuttin out the middle man

Old 11-01-2009, 12:27 PM

“ Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Gotta question i hear you have to buy a cdma boost which is comin in the mail soon...c290 to be exact, activate, swap esn and ur good. But could you just tell the customer service rep that you wana activate your "c290" and give them the sprints esn number. fyi the c290 has 11 number just as the mogul...so im tlkin bout cuttin out the middle man
huh that easy huh? i was wondering how hulk did that but never had the time to look into that... let me know how it works if you dont mind
Old 11-01-2009, 12:34 PM

View Doc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Doc's Photo Album Add Doc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I will do that. That way u can knock 2 birds with one stone I would think. its like u wud be starting an account with boost, but have the fabrication of sprints esn..especially seeing tho both esn have the same amount of numbers..hmm. If it doesnt work ill just activate the boost and swap it out anyway

--------- New Post Merged on 1/11/2009 at 0708 --------

Dash i did it...without gettin a boost,,it was hard, ill update you on how long it will last. The I spoke to atleast seven ppl and the last guy told me it may not work and be turned off in a couple of days.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM

Thirda day is my phone is still working. I have a florida area code, instead of a md one. I had to clever and it wasnt easy.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM

well it's a crap shoot as some times when you move to fast they get all leary and want to know why you keep making changes on a brand new account but i have activated the c290 changed the phone number to the area code i wanted and then changed the esn to a sprint phone all in one convo BUT HEY i'm Telephone Tony ive been doing this for awhile! anyway just butter up the rep get in cool and your good and if all else fells call Telephone Tony i get it done $ thanks SPJ

--------- New Post Merged on 3/11/2009 at 1201 --------

huh that easy huh? i was wondering how hulk did that but never had the time to look into that... let me know how it works if you dont mind
what up GMD i got you if you want to start a BOOST CDMA account i will do the rest for you probono it all gravy baby then you could see what the magic is and it's the same shit i know they have major sprint coverage there in GP so your golden! anyway think about it and let me know i got over 200 c290's so you would not have to buy one we would just start the service and you would give me your ESN i'll work the MAJIC and BADA BING BADA BANG your done and you got sprint(BOOST CDMA) again no contract AND I'M ALREADY RUNNING A TP2on (boost CDMA) so get at me Hulk!

--------- New Post Merged on 3/11/2009 at 1216 --------

I will do that. That way u can knock 2 birds with one stone I would think. its like u wud be starting an account with boost, but have the fabrication of sprints esn..especially seeing tho both esn have the same amount of numbers..hmm. If it doesnt work ill just activate the boost and swap it out anyway

--------- New Post Merged on 1/11/2009 at 0708 --------

Dash i did it...without gettin a boost,,it was hard, ill update you on how long it will last. The I spoke to atleast seven ppl and the last guy told me it may not work and be turned off in a couple of days.
i'm confused to wat you did and what your saying but remember they rather you have a worthless phone that way you dont sit on the net and burn up your unlimited data versus if have a TP,TP2,mogul e.t.c anyway hit me as they will blow you smoke allday about the phone cutting off and all that bullsh*_&+_)(t but it's not true mines been on for a year and a half and ive did 200 of them easy so hit me if you have any problems Hulk!

--------- New Post Merged on 3/11/2009 at 0141 --------

Thirda day is my phone is still working. I have a florida area code, instead of a md one. I had to clever and it wasnt easy.
dont sweat it it wont turn off your gravy!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM

Re: Re PPC6800 flash to boost

Yeah I went thru several, and like I mentioned b4 the last guy said it would cut off which it hasnt. Although i have a florida number and live in md is not cool, but i guess thats the trade off

Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Hey Telephone Tony, I saw a few people weren't happy with your offer in Howard Forums. I'm not sure what they think the problem is, some people just don't want to take the time to learn how to do things themselves. If they are in a hurry, hire a pro! Same as flashing a phone. The info is out there, but people don't want to spend a few hours to read how to do it themselves. Fine, then pay up.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 AM

Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

Hey Telephone Tony, I saw a few people weren't happy with your offer in Howard Forums. I'm not sure what they think the problem is, some people just don't want to take the time to learn how to do things themselves. If they are in a hurry, hire a pro! Same as flashing a phone. The info is out there, but people don't want to spend a few hours to read how to do it themselves. Fine, then pay up.
well i get that sometimes but i dont care i did 4 people yesterday and they are all happy so i really dont care about the shi_)(_*(t people talk cause if aint no body talking about you your not doing sh!&)*&)*&! anyway your right alot of my biz is from people that just dont want to go threw the hassle and i look at it like this if they want me to spend my time on the phone with my ear getting hot then they have to pay as nothing in life is free except air and i'm sure given enough time someone will figure away how to charge for that so what state you and ill tell you away to get your local area code! but you have to refer me to at least one friend as i need biz so i can pretty much hook up any sprint phone including the TP2

--------- New Post Merged on 6/11/2009 at 1249 --------

Yeah I went thru several, and like I mentioned b4 the last guy said it would cut off which it hasnt. Although i have a florida number and live in md is not cool, but i guess thats the trade off

what state you in ? i can get the aera code you want most likely ?

--------- New Post Merged on 6/11/2009 at 1226 --------

what state you in ? i can get the aera code you want most likely ?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Re: Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

I said i live in maryland, although i have florida 786 number

Old 11-06-2009, 11:27 AM

Re Re Re PPC6800 flash to boost

I said i live in maryland, although i have florida 786 number
you want maryland number let me check and see what they say also whats they area code around there and some of the prefixes ?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:51 AM

A new backdoor has been discovered to allow Sprint smartphones to be activated on Boost. I have a phone coming through the mail right now and I will test to see if it does indeed work. If it does, I will post instructions.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 AM

Ok, as promised I will post the instructions. Very sweet way to slip in a Sprint smartphone. Forget about activating stuff like the HTC Hero and Palm Pre and Samsung Instinct, they don't activate. You can get phones like the Palm Pro and HTC TP2 on the 50 dollar unlimited plan. I've heard a few TP2s didn't activate, so your mileage may vary......

Step one, activate an official CDMA Boost phone (w385, c290 or KM1 from Boost). Buy it used is fine, you can just resell later. Port number in if you want (I ported over from Boost IDEN). Sign up with Nevada address (google something in Vegas, tell them you need a certain area code for business) and your total monthly bill for unlimited everything is $51.77 (pretty much the same plan on Sprint costs $99 + tax a month).

After activation, go to Sprint.com and Register for My Sprint account. Use your new phone number on Boost. At the end, you will see a page that says "Error 2, call for help". Ignore that.

Next day, go back and try to sign up again. Change username, but password and phone number can remain. You'll get the same error page. That's ok, because you'll soon receive an email confirming that you have an account. They will even warn you that there is two accounts linked to the same phone number.

Sign in to the first account you started. Down in bottom left, you will see your account details. Under "I want to" next to your account, choose "Activate a new phone". Once you click on it, follow the directions to give ESN or MEID number of your smart phone. It will switch phones for you right there. Best part? No hassle from a Service Rep and no charge (suppose to be 15 dollars)

One thing to remember, you will NOT be able to get be able to get tech support on your new phone, only on the 3 "official" CDMA phones. In my case, I had to do some research to figure out how to get it programed to work. Sprint's instructions didn't match (make sure to save your activation codes provided, you will need them).

I still need to figure out how to change the phone number that came programed on the phone, my voicemail icon dials the wrong number. I also need to find out the manual provision settings to get my data working, but that info should be around on the net.

This thing is so easy, it has me wondering if I should find a TP2 to sub in. If I could find a Sprint one around 250, I would be sorely tempted. Who knows how long this backdoor will be available?

Last thing, the phone you use needs to be a Sprint phone. They have to have that number in their database. I don't think you will have success flashing in another carrier.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/11/2009 at 0218 --------

I have to apologize for a noob move. My post was linked into Howard Forums and my instruction post made it look like I discovered the backdoor myself and took credit, when in fact I simply read about others doing it and boiled it down into a step by step instruction format.

I take no credit for being smart enough to find this solution, so allow me to credit the proper people.

It seems that a gentleman by the username al_capone_x3 first discovered the Boost/Sprint activation and wrote up a Facebook post about how to do it. That post ended up in Howard Forums where I first learned of the possibility of switching an official phone for a Sprint smartphone.

Al didn't discover the online backdoor though, that was found by a username of Jac1599. He found out that you could get a My Sprint user account even if you had Boost Mobile. He played around with the phone activation tool and it worked for switching over to a smartphone. So there you have it, I just read about the possibility of doing it and I followed others directions to get my own phone activated.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
boost, flash, ppc6800