On screen keyboard not working properly

HTC Touch Pro Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
chadeck chadeck is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: ppc6800

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View chadeck's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chadeck's Photo Album Add chadeck's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
On screen keyboard not working properly

Hey guys,

So my Touch Pro has a weird issue. When trying to use the onscreen keyboard(either Phonepad or compact qwerty) it types out numbers instead of Letters. I have played with pretty much every setting, and its still not working properly. I like to use the Phone keypad keyboard every onece in awhile to text short messages instead of flipping out the keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-13-2009, 06:41 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: On screen keyboard not working properly

“ Originally Posted by chadeck View Post

Hey guys,

So my Touch Pro has a weird issue. When trying to use the onscreen keyboard(either Phonepad or compact qwerty) it types out numbers instead of Letters. I have played with pretty much every setting, and its still not working properly. I like to use the Phone keypad keyboard every onece in awhile to text short messages instead of flipping out the keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated!
do you have a 3rd party keyboard installed?? its known to cause conflicts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 PM

View chadeck's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chadeck's Photo Album Add chadeck's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I do now, but before I did not have any.. I did install the keyboard speed increase to try and get rid of the lag between typing something on my keyboard, and it showing up on the screen.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by chadeck View Post

I do now, but before I did not have any.. I did install the keyboard speed increase to try and get rid of the lag between typing something on my keyboard, and it showing up on the screen.
Your keyboard will lag if you have programs running in the backround. Be sure to close them out will help out.

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 AM

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Your keyboard will lag if you have programs running in the backround. Be sure to close them out will help out.
Yah that is understandable, but the keyboard still lags when the programs are closed..However, that is not the problem that is being addressed.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

When did this start to happen. Im assuming that it wasnt happening straight out of the box. You may have some app that is causing an internal conflict. If you cant remember specifically when it started happeneing, start by un-installing each app you have installed 1 by 1 checking the problem each time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
keyboard, properly, screen, working