Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Best rom out there

Geez guys theres so many roms flying out there now i just got on my computer this morning and notices like 5 more great roms .So which one is the best out there?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View 2LoWw7's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 2LoWw7's Photo Album Add 2LoWw7's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Best rom out there

I'm using MM 4.16 very stable and after a few tweaks fast as well!! I know the ATR was just released today so I can't provide feedback about that yet!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2LoWw7 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Geez guys theres so many roms flying out there now i just got on my computer this morning and notices like 5 more great roms .So which one is the best out there?
the spj exclusive ATR rom baby!!!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 01:50 PM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I had problems with ATR dash ,i couldnt get passed the lauching touchflo 3d screen,so i flashed it juisy 6 and its running pretty good so far .

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Lots of things to consider about ROMs. Although there are a lot of similarities, there are also a lot of differences. Most custom ROMs are solid from my experience. But things to consider are what apps they come with, is the developer available for support often, is it being continuously updated, etc. Best to do some reading and pick like 5 that you should "test drive," and choose wisely. But if you don't want to be flashing, then go with the popular one like Mighty Mike or Juicy...there's something to be said about all the love those ROMs get. Having said all that, an exclusive ROM like ATR is good cause the guys are on top of it here and would be available for support often. I know you said you had problems, but often that's fixed w a re-flash and Hard reset. Good luck.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

I had problems with ATR dash ,i couldnt get passed the lauching touchflo 3d screen,so i flashed it juisy 6 and its running pretty good so far .

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Lots of things to consider about ROMs. Although there are a lot of similarities, there are also a lot of differences. Most custom ROMs are solid from my experience. But things to consider are what apps they come with, is the developer available for support often, is it being continuously updated, etc. Best to do some reading and pick like 5 that you should "test drive," and choose wisely. But if you don't want to be flashing, then go with the popular one like Mighty Mike or Juicy...there's something to be said about all the love those ROMs get. Having said all that, an exclusive ROM like ATR is good cause the guys are on top of it here and would be available for support often. I know you said you had problems, but often that's fixed w a re-flash and Hard reset. Good luck.
Well said lordhelmet... as stated, it rellly is a matter of preference... but also, just piggy backing of off what LH said... as good as roms are from well known and respected developers... like mm and juicy, every users have different experiences.... and what right for some isnt for others... formerly I was using mm for a while v. 4.12 i finally up'd to 4.16, and it was horrible for me, constant error and crashing, even w/ hard reset nd reflashing, although mny liked... till i just went to juicy 6 which i liked just fine... sometimes you get a bad dl and need to redl... that maybe your prob w/ atr... but either way, it coms down to trial and error overall...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea much agreed with last 2 posts...alot of times it is b/c of a bad dl or bad flash...maybe u can try out tf3d rom and just installing the tf3d2 thru cabs as i said numerous times that the tf3d2 rom ids beta until xbmod makes it final release.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
rom