Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
How was your first experiance flashing your phone

So guys how was it to flashing your phone for the first time was it hard ,did u run into any problems were u shivering or scared that you might brick you phone ?Let spj know .Thanks

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: How was your first experiance flashing your phone

Ya know it wasn't to bad, I was a lil more nervous the way my girlfriend was looking at me when it was in boot loader (her mogul was my guinea pig LOL!) but she was happy in the end. Now i flash my vogue about every month with either a Kaos or BIG JEW ROM.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was scared outta my pants because me 6700 got stuck in the bootloader and i tried to hard reset and everything so i called up sprint they just gave me a diffrent phone new mogul then the next try on the mogul went good after i read stuff!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 02:08 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

with some knowledge with technology with messing with stuff i learned to take risk! To do thing, lots of it you must have common sense and lots of reading and then comes the trials. but i mange to do things without any issues.And i like to trouble shoot things too.So flashing a rom is like installing a OS in a computer. so go figure.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mine went good since i read and my first flash was with the mogul and wasnt worried but more excited this was way pre-gps and wm 6.1 when i did for the first time.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I researched, read, re-read, re-re-read the guides on here (and any other site I could find) for a couple weeks before I even got my phone. I was still nervous as hell, and got a bit confused after putting the boot loader in, but I took a breath, went on through, and everything was good.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moebius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I went for a week debating whether or not to flash, but what decided it was my mogul's lack of memory on the stock rom so i read the flashing guide a couple times, got really scared and was like "f*ck it" and just followed the directions without understanding why to to it and everything ended up just fine. I was a actually a little dissapointed that it wasn't harder after reading so much and expecting more of a challenge to flash

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My first time sucked, I was a complete nub. Actually I think dash helped me out over yahoo or something >.<
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dansoftcore For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue, Palm Pre

View tektoys's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tektoys's Photo Album Add tektoys's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

with some knowledge with technology with messing with stuff i learned to take risk! To do thing, lots of it you must have common sense and lots of reading and then comes the trials. but i mange to do things without any issues.And i like to trouble shoot things too.So flashing a rom is like installing a OS in a computer. so go figure.
as backwards as this may seem i would rather install an OS than flash my phone at the moment since i depend on it so much even though i know it's not that bad and i have all the support i could possibly need if i ever came to need any but i'm also lazy about backing up and reinstalling shit, even though there are some sweet and juicy roms and TF2D stuff that are just making me itch more than a kid with ringworn on his nuts in the summer wearing leather pants, i just need to pull my head out of my ass and just do it!!

PS
yo d/\sh, i LOVE the new sig bro, kudos to the designer!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tektoys For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 04:41 PM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well to tell guys the truth ive been hear for about a year now and i still havent flashed lol im still debating bc i still am a lil worried that ill get stuck and wont get help asap ,but i want to so bad thats y im asking you guys this question .thanks for all the quick replys

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Well to tell guys the truth ive been hear for about a year now and i still havent flashed lol im still debating bc i still am a lil worried that ill get stuck and wont get help asap ,but i want to so bad thats y im asking you guys this question .thanks for all the quick replys
1 year and still on stock!! i go crazy after just 2 days on a stock rom if not one lmao.... you will do fine, just folow the steps and you wont have any errors or troubles.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Mobile Model: TP

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

first flash was scary but after that i became a pro. i remember i used kaos roms back then and he n dash helped me out

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Diamond

View Mystery's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mystery's Photo Album Add Mystery's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The first time I flash my phone I was scare of messing it up, but I read ALOT ALOT before doing it. It all went well and I am glad I did it. You can do way more stuff to your phone once you unlock it and flash it to a Custom ROM. :>

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mystery For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am STILL unsure about flashing my phone, although I believe I can recite, chapter and verse, the methods. But for a couple of reasons. When I got my phone it was flashed to Cricket by someone local, using of of toO's roms from over at xda....downside is that i am finding that it might be difficult to find a ROM that works as well for Cricket as this one....very stable....low memory usage (well, i know that i have alot of stuff going on that sucks RAM)....and since I cannot find the ROM from toO (xda), I am not sure that I want to go to something inferior.....I have thought about flashing KOAS Take 5, but I am not completely up to speed on getting the Cricket information (prl) onto it or getting the messaging or internet to work.....soooooooo until I finally find the information that i need to be comfortable, I will keep searching Craigslist for phones to experiment on!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i was scared as hell my first time, i did it on the vogue and all went well, i am still deciding now what rom to use with my pro...I did alot of reading though before I flashed and I had no problems.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My first flash on my Mogul was to the 6.1 update w GPS. When going custom, I read a lot before I did it, but it still felt like I was betting it all in Vegas. When my phone went into boot loader mode, I kind of freaked cause I wasn't expecting a tri-color screen, and I just associated it with a blue screen on a comp. But it was all good, and been at it since. I'm still fairly noob, but I've flashed like 8-9 times between my Mogul and my TPro (shout out to KK loaded ROMs BTW; a very underrated ROM in my opinion). Anyway, you need to flash cause stock is like trying to sprint (pun intended) with a 200 lb sack of potatoes on your back. Peace!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I did my first flash with my mogul and kaos **** sprint take 3 rom. I felt if i could intall an os on a computer this shouldn't be any different, so I read through spj, ppcgeeks and xda until I had all my questions and doubts answered. Once I flashed I had found my new long lost hobby and felt the addiction kick in and would never go back stock again!

Took about 5-10 minutes to flash, took my time and drank a beer.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 PM

Im not sure if i flashed my mogul ,you guys member when 6.1 came out well i had windows 6 on mogul i then updated to 6.1 but im not sure if that the same as flashing a diff rom ,doing what i did took bout 10min so idk.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahaha... interesting thread...

well for me... I admit, I was kiinna scared... it took me forever before I was ablet to get a smartphone, and I had wanted one for the longest...so i wasnt tryna do ish to brick... and I kept seeing all those dflashing a rom may brick ur device disclaimer, and were not responsible, yadda yada... so I was like F*** that! Lol... But I am the type of guy that like to do my reasearch before i get into anything (i mean when I was in college i did research on all the drugs that i experimented w/ before doing them, just to have an idea of the effects, and addictive qualites of each...lol) so I research read and re-read like alomost everyone else... but still didnt want to try it... Although D/\SH and the rest of the spj fam were calling me on it and saying just do it for months...and how great it was... i figured, hell i couldnt miss what i didnt know... as far as I cared, stock rom was fine... finally i got sick of the bloatware etc, and as always over time system start to slo etc... that I finally said F it... and did it... I was still scared, cuz my vogue was so presious to me, so scared that, when it went into bootloader mode (even tho i know that was gonna happen) and the active sync icon on my pc disappeard I paniced, and unplugged my device...lmao... well afte I saw a simple soft reset got my phone back to nomal, i decide try again... and just let it do its thing... ten minutes later I was done, and it was like having a brand new device out the box... i loved it!...even better than when i first got it...but then i was mad at myself for not doing it sooner...lol!

Lol... you wuss... stop actin like a b**** and just do it... spj's got your back! Lol!

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

1 year and still on stock!! i go crazy after just 2 days on a stock rom if not one lmao.... you will do fine, just folow the steps and you wont have any errors or troubles.
cant miss what you never had... but once you do finally do it... its a wrap, youll never rock stock again...lol!

“ Originally Posted by tektoys View Post

as backwards as this may seem i would rather install an OS than flash my phone at the moment since i depend on it so much even though i know it's not that bad and i have all the support i could possibly need if i ever came to need any but i'm also lazy about backing up and reinstalling shit, even though there are some sweet and juicy roms and TF2D stuff that are just making me itch more than a kid with ringworn on his nuts in the summer wearing leather pants, i just need to pull my head out of my ass and just do it!!

PS
yo d/\sh, i LOVE the new sig bro, kudos to the designer!!
That my only problem... I be way to lazy... to do it over and over... like when i flash a fresh new rom, then three days later, rom is up dated, then five days after that, etc... I be f*** that... Im not doin this again( thats why im still on mighty rom 4.12)... all that afterwork setup can be a bit of a pain, so I only flash like 1 every 1-2 months... unless Im beta testing for my ppl, then I can flash like 1 a day, test, give feedback and try the next version etc... Yep... basically im lazy... but thank god for sashimi!

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2009, 12:45 PM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Im not sure if i flashed my mogul ,you guys member when 6.1 came out well i had windows 6 on mogul i then updated to 6.1 but im not sure if that the same as flashing a diff rom ,doing what i did took bout 10min so idk.
it is a flash, but its flashing from stock to stock... not stock to custom, so you skipped the unlocking process... i had to do it to when i first had my vogue, and i wanted the gps and rev a activated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My first Flash I was more scared that I was gonna mess up my phone than anything. It was on my Mogul I Flashed Kaos Take 2. But after I did it was all over " I was like that was too easy" Now it is fun an something ill do when i am bored to re-do my phone!!!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was pretty nervous when I flashed my Mogul for the first time about 8-10 months ago. I read through the Dash's guide several times before doing it and then tried it out after having stock Rom for awhile..... I got it suck in bootloader mode and I was kinda freaking out (well inside at least since my wife was sitting next me and just said not to ruin my phone). I read a little more and found out ho to get it out of bootloader mode and tried again. Worked perfectly..... Fast forward to now and I flashed my Pro literally ten minutes after getting it in the mail... I downloaded the unlocker and Rom before it even got here LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:05 PM

Well i guess its my urn to tell you guys my first exp, yay i just did it guys flashed my first rom took me less then 3mins to get through the whole process i flashed to might rom 4.16 hope all goes well , i wasnt even that scared well just a lil but hey gotta do it sometime or another ,ahh i would like to thank spj for all the help .thanks thanks thanks

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Well i guess its my urn to tell you guys my first exp, yay i just did it guys flashed my first rom took me less then 3mins to get through the whole process i flashed to might rom 4.16 hope all goes well , i wasnt even that scared well just a lil but hey gotta do it sometime or another ,ahh i would like to thank spj for all the help .thanks thanks thanks
congratulations!!! well done my friend and we told you it isnt hard at all as long as you follow the easy to follow steps we give you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM

Your right dash you guys have easy directions i really couldnt belive how easy this was to do im shocked ,if i knew it was this easy i wouldnt have done this to my mogul oh well i did it to a better phone thanks guys .Noobs hope you guys read this.Now back to pimping my phone using the best site in the world spj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wher do i start..lol For me it was pretty bad the first time i flashed it was my freinds touch pro.. kinda of nervous but really messed up started getting error 262 so i said shit i brick the phone but eventually got it back to normal..but got tell u im still nervous everytime i flash..sure want to thank every junkie here at this website u all make it a whole lot easier..thnxs again..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Alltel on Verizon

View wentzeric's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View wentzeric's Photo Album Add wentzeric's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just Flashed today and it was a good experience. I put Juicy 6 on the Touch Pro and it looks NICE! I was very worried, just bricking my Mogul but after a little fight with an few apps vs. stock software. I decided stock was no way to live.

Stock makes me so mad how they lock all the potential in the phone with these apps that just don't make life easier. Thanks to group like SPJ and PPCgeeks things get done right.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wentzeric For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my first time, I was scared as hell, done all the reading and re-reading.....still was too chicken crap to do it....................SO...................

I fortunately, sweet talked our very own D/\SHY and he did mine for me (mogul) over the phone, I was just his hands doing as he told me.................and it WAS GREAT!!!!

AND then I got my touch, still a little scardey cat, D/\SHY once again, talked me through.................EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..............now, I know and can do them myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angiekay For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

my first time, I was scared as hell, done all the reading and re-reading.....still was too chicken crap to do it....................SO...................

I fortunately, sweet talked our very own D/\SHY and he did mine for me (mogul) over the phone, I was just his hands doing as he told me.................and it WAS GREAT!!!!

AND then I got my touch, still a little scardey cat, D/\SHY once again, talked me through.................EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..............now, I know and can do them myself.
Lol... yeah... D/|sh is a ball of mush when it comes to the ladies...LOL!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM

Your right crazy dashy does it big when it comes to the ladys,just like me lol.

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

I was just his hands doing as he told me.................and it WAS GREAT!!!!

hahahahhaaha that sounds sooooo wrong!! you told them our secret Ang?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Mobile Model: PPC 6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View m260gt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View m260gt's Photo Album Add m260gt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i was deffinitely scared the first time i flashed. but i read and re read everything even months before i got my phone. But i followed the directions and it went great. would recommend it! custom roms are awesome!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m260gt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it was like when i first lost my virginity, i was nervous, scared that i will mess something up, it was fast and quick, and as soon as i was done i wanted to do it again....and again...and again....and again...and again...and again...and again....shit i havent stoped yet!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

it was like when i first lost my virginity, i was nervous, scared that i will mess something up, it was fast and quick, and as soon as i was done i wanted to do it again....and again...and again....and again...and again...and again...and again....shit i havent stoped yet!
Lmao I like how you worded that one bro

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
experiance, flashing, phone