ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
BlackBerry Storm 2

BlackBerry Storm 2!

“ Quote ”

Engadget got their hands on a BlackBerry Storm 2 ("Odin") and has given it a great unofficial first hands-on look. You can click the image above to jump over for lots of photos, a video and some initial impressions. The unit they have isn't quite fully functional (apparently there's a bit of a hardware issue with the first batch of Storm 2s floating in the wild and the display isn't registering input so well, hence it won't let them click OK to the user agreement and they can't get into the OS), but they still do a great job going over some of the things we can expect in this next-generation touchscreen from RIM.

Gone is SurePress (so much for that Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough award?!) and according to Engadget "it is a leap from the previous Storm incarnation with sleeker style, more heft, and a click-free display that doesn't rattle about, all of which collaborate to make the Storm 2 feel a wee bit higher end." There's been lots of talk that the Storm 2 will still feature a form of tactile feedback (True Press), but they couldn't quite put that to the test just yet.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View I930 KING's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View I930 KING's Photo Album Add I930 KING's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: BlackBerry Storm 2

wow!!!! thats sweet to bad sprint is not getting any phones like that..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I930 KING For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by I930 KING View Post

wow!!!! thats sweet to bad sprint is not getting any phones like that..
its good news for blackberry users that for sure.... but if not mistaking it is only for verizon once again like the original.... hopefully being the 2nd time around they will have a lot of the bugs worked out and have the phone functioning correctly this time around.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 05:05 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so... Palm Pre, HTC Rhodium, Storm 2, Iphone 3.0

its gonna be a great year for the mobile platform, i love some competition

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:12 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It's possible that verizon will just have it exclusive for 6mths or so and then Sprint or whoever could get it.... Depends on how much Verizon is willing to invest to keep that Storm 2 on lockdown. I'm sure they pay a pretty penny to be a sole carrier for that phone...
The Following User Says Thank You to ON3/\L For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post

It's possible that verizon will just have it exclusive for 6mths or so and then Sprint or whoever could get it.... Depends on how much Verizon is willing to invest to keep that Storm 2 on lockdown. I'm sure they pay a pretty penny to be a sole carrier for that phone...
yeah but they did it with the original so why not with this one.... havent heard anyone else even talking about wanting to get this device on their lineup.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah...that blackberry storm is not the best phone out there at all... I actually personally in "MY OWN OPINION," this it is a terrible device for so many reasons and like it for just 2 reasons which are only based on hardware likes....hopefully the got it together with this blackberry storm 2...apparently the storm 2 will not have a recessed screen!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
blackberry, storm