gadget945 gadget945 is offline   Thread Starter  
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Fathers Day Pedicure

Okay, times they are tough for pretty much everyone right now.

That being said, what to buy hubby, neighbor dude, Pops, grandpa?

Let's face it, if a guy wants something, he goes out and buys it. They don't drop hints like women do. They are very particular about things.

I didn't want to buy a tie or a tshirt again.

Then my hubby scraped his heel against my calf. Felt like sandpaper. Tried to talk him into getting a pedicure, he won't go for it.

Around here, it's like $20 and takes about 45 minutes. I think they are aweome, but don't get them done anymore. (Broke my foot about a year ago and refractured it about six months ago, so I don't do them anymore)

So, my friend and I hatched the plan that for Father's Day, we will take the menfolk down and have their pedicures done. Going to get the kids to give them the certificates, so they will actually use them. Will provide a ride and lunch afterwards. I mean, how could it be wrong? Heated massage chair, warm bubbly water, getting a foot massage, usually given by a petite asian woman, very relaxing.

The reason I am posting is because I want to know if anyone has an opinion about whether or not this is a good idea or not.

I have always noticed that there's an aweome demographic cross section of folks here, so that's why I'm asking.

THANKY!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Fathers Day Pedicure

i can go for a pedicure myself its not that bad looking, but I'm always wearing boots. and the corn on the side needs to be cute off..hhahahaha i know it's grouse.But some guys feels the insecurity about the female thing and its hard to give a good answer on that.

But to give you a better answer if my wife gave me a gift certificate for a day of pedicure and rub down, I'll do it becasue it's the thought that counts. Hope this helps........

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That sounds like a great plan!! maybe even dinner afterwerds and a few beers( if you and your man are into that)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 11:28 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i can go for a pedicure myself its not that bad looking, but I'm always wearing boots. and the corn on the side needs to be cute off..hhahahaha i know it's grouse.But some guys feels the insecurity about the female thing and its hard to give a good answer on that.

But to give you a better answer if my wife gave me a gift certificate for a day of pedicure and rub down, I'll do it becasue it's the thought that counts. Hope this helps........
Yeppers - thanks. I'm figuring that the kids giving the certificate will make sure that's what happens.

“ Originally Posted by 1LOMOFO View Post

That sounds like a great plan!! maybe even dinner afterwerds and a few beers( if you and your man are into that)
I know that a few beers would be kewl, but we're probably going to BBQ at home so he can veg out with the PS3.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Yeppers - thanks. I'm figuring that the kids giving the certificate will make sure that's what happens.

I know that a few beers would be kewl, but we're probably going to BBQ at home so he can veg out with the PS3.
OH YA!! nothing beats BBQ'd meat sounds perfect

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

id go for a pedicure not that bad........ not sure with wearing shoes all day if my feet would smell too good but ok hahaha.... and meat and ps3 as the dessert to the pedicure..... now your talking
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 AM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well first of all around here in cali (orange county to be exact) men get a pedicure all the time..and from what i have been told..its great..i mean i personally know its great cuz i get one everyother week..but i have been told by numerous of my male friends inluding the hubby and the brother that its super relaxing and a lot of fun...yeah at first they are hesitant because they think its a female thing but trustme he'll love u for it later lol well sorry my post is so long..just wanted to give my prospective (or however u say it) lol

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think it's a great idea since it's something us men are not used to, but I'd team him up with like a best friend or brother to do it together, he won't feel as unconfortable if that's the case.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sound like a good girly idea lol j/k but sounds like hes goin to have a nice relaxing fathers day!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow... thats pretty cool... sounds like a nice though that im sure he'd at least appreciate.... But not to go against the grain of everyone else...personally I couldnt and wouldnt do it.... not because its a girly thing, but because my feet are extremely sensitive and very tickleish so i dont like people messing w/ them to much... Id prefer, to take care of my own as best I can... i.e lotion, nail clipping etc.... but if thats not the case he may like it, since it u and "the kids" getting it for him... personally if its me... Id prefer a massage... either way, sounds like a real nice fathers day.... nothing better than to be able to relax nad chill w/ those you love, while being pampered as the king of the house...lol!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know for myself I wouldnt want one but I wouldnt be totally opposed to it if my wife bought one for me... I know my father in law gets them everyone once in awhile and he likes it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Y'all are just too awesome. Thanks for all the feedback. We've got it set up that he goes with our neighbor, he's never had one before either, so it'll be good for them.

Figure while they are gone, we'll stock up on the beer and rearrange the living room for big kids only, and then let them veg the day away playing video games. Move the recliners around and make sure the TV has an unobstructed view.

Thanks again to all of y'all!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Y'all are just too awesome. Thanks for all the feedback. We've got it set up that he goes with our neighbor, he's never had one before either, so it'll be good for them.

Figure while they are gone, we'll stock up on the beer and rearrange the living room for big kids only, and then let them veg the day away playing video games. Move the recliners around and make sure the TV has an unobstructed view.

Dang, that sounds like a great day!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrpants20 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 04:52 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey you need a 2nd husband?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sounds like a great idea i know for a fact that if my girl bought me a gift certificate for a pedi id take it heard it fells damn good ahhhhhhhhh

The Following User Says Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 AM
NOOB 4 EVER

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hey you need a 2nd husband?
Well, I dunno, you're cute and all, but my hubby says no one can support my gun habit. How would you feel about a woman that like guns? We can talk about it before you and Tweety get hitched I guess......... LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2009, 12:18 PM

Well, I dunno, you're cute and all, but my hubby says no one can support my gun habit. How would you feel about a woman that like guns? We can talk about it before you and Tweety get hitched I guess......... LOL

hahahahahaha tweety who lmao just messing and im a fan of guns, with my grandfather and my father both being cops and retiring i have been around them my whole life and have a fond interest in them
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
day, fathers, pedicure