ARTICLE: Mmm, eclairs: Android 2.0 screenshots leak

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-16-2009, 03:40 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ARTICLE: Mmm, eclairs: Android 2.0 screenshots leak

Nothing like fresh pastries on a Friday morning, eh?

BGR has some images online today and they claim they're from an pre-release build of Eclair, aka Android OS 2.0. While most/many/some Android users haven't even gotten Donut (1.6) on their devices yet, the crazy tech blogosphere is already tripping all over itself in anticipation of Eclair.

Why? If BGR and their pre-release build are to be believed, the list of improvements starts with native Exchange and Facebook sync support, goes on to a brand new Maps app with Layers support, unified email Inbox, UI and browser improvements, and an all-new app for in-car use. Tasty, indeed.

No word, of course, on when we might see Eclairs rolling out of Google's bakery and into our hot hands, but any time a leak of a major OS release is accopmanied by words like, "Android 2.0 looks to be a major improvement in Google’s mobile OS and we couldn’t be more excited about it," I get a little drooly myself.

And, oh yeah ... Get all yer Android news over on DroidDog with @PhoneDog_John ... Woof Woof!

Read More From Source
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phillynewsnow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: ARTICLE: Mmm, eclairs: Android 2.0 screenshots leak

mmmm not sure if i like it to tell the truth, doesnt look like the screenshot is the homesreen though since you have the home button tab still visible in the lower right hand corner.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: ARTICLE: Mmm, eclairs: Android 2.0 screenshots leak

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

mmmm not sure if i like it to tell the truth, doesnt look like the screenshot is the homesreen though since you have the home button tab still visible in the lower right hand corner.

i dont even like the setup..I'm sure sprint will change it anyways

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, article, eclairs, leak, mmm, screenshots