Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 AM
deisel deisel is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View deisel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deisel's Photo Album Add deisel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
sprint hero family plans bullshit

does anybody have any info on a way i can get around having to pay out the ass for a hero phone
im on a family plan power pack or sumthing 50 a month two phones unlimited data free nites n weeks after 7 1000 anytime

and i have to switch to get a hero to lowest plan for everything family for 2 lines not one bullshit

129 a month 450 anytime min ?
almost triple whut i pay now just so i can get a hero for myself and my wife wishes to keep her phone shes not a tech dork like myself lol

how can sprint be so dirty to their customers ive been a sprint cust for well over ten yrs been on a win mo phone for a bit now thinking i should stay with win mo and fuk android since its same shit just capacitive screen woo hoo and pandora radio other wise same hardware whut is sprint thinking with this and is there any way around this pplk sumbody help i would like to get my hands on a hero befor the thing becomes outdated which i hear already is

htc leo maybe ill hold out for you since i waited forever with my upgrade for the hero i cant have

sorry to go on a rant here but thanx for listen to me ppl lol plz send me sum direction ppl of spj .

right now im super pissed
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deisel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: sprint hero family plans bullshit

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

does anybody have any info on a way i can get around having to pay out the ass for a hero phone
im on a family plan power pack or sumthing 50 a month two phones unlimited data free nites n weeks after 7 1000 anytime

and i have to switch to get a hero to lowest plan for everything family for 2 lines not one bullshit

almost triple whut i pay now just so i can get a hero for myself and my wife wishes to keep her phone shes not a tech dork like myself lol

how can sprint be so dirty to their customers ive been a sprint cust for well over ten yrs been on a win mo phone for a bit now thinking i should stay with win mo and fuk android since its same shit just capacitive screen woo hoo and pandora radio other wise same hardware whut is sprint thinking with this and is there any way around this pplk sumbody help i would like to get my hands on a hero befor the thing becomes outdated which i hear already is

htc leo maybe ill hold out for you since i waited forever with my upgrade for the hero i cant have

sorry to go on a rant here but thanx for listen to me ppl lol plz send me sum direction ppl of spj .

there is no way around it for the hero unfortunately..... the hero has to be on a certain account to allow you to use it..... just like the pre and the instinct are as well...... you could go with the tp2 and that can be used but i ran into the same issue on the hero as well with my sero account.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: Touch PRO SUCKA

View blkhairguy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blkhairguy's Photo Album Add blkhairguy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

same thing happened to me and i got 5 lines no way im going to change my whole plan for 1 phone
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I can understand where you both are coming from and I don't know your exact scenario, but the Sprint plan you are referring to is actually pretty nice + you get to take advantage of the Mobile Anytime minutes, which you cannot get unless you are on one of those plans any way. Again, you need to compare the two(your plan vs Sprints new plan) and see what each has to offer and then see if it's worth it or not. I actually love my plan right now, but I also have like 25% off + an additional $10 off for loyalty Good Luck.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re sprint hero family plans bullshit

“ Originally Posted by deisel View Post

You should actually be getting 1500 anytime minutes with the $129 plan. I know its still more expensive but sometimes thats just the way things are when you want them to cover some of the up front cost of the phone. You can always go the ebay/craigslist route and buy one and then add it to your line.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re sprint hero family plans bullshit

“ Originally Posted by trentonmac View Post

You should actually be getting 1500 anytime minutes with the $129 plan. I know its still more expensive but sometimes thats just the way things are when you want them to cover some of the up front cost of the phone. You can always go the ebay/craigslist route and buy one and then add it to your line.
you cant just buy it and add it to your line.you need a specific plan.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by trentonmac View Post

Like Kaos said. It doesn't matter how you buy it, something about its programming or something that only allows it to used on certain plans, excluding SERO... At least that's what a rep told me

Old 10-19-2009, 04:53 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re sprint hero family plans bullshit

“ Originally Posted by mrpants20 View Post

Like Kaos said. It doesn't matter how you buy it, something about its programming or something that only allows it to used on certain plans, excluding SERO... At least that's what a rep told me
yup has to be a 69.99 or higher data package plan if not mistaking.....
Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is absolute garbage. i'm in the same boat. would like maybe a new phone but won't leave my current plan. with the family shared plan i can have as many lines as i want with minimal price increase. i never go over my minutes and add text and data added on. my wife wanted a blackberry which we initially got but returned because of this garbage everything plan. if you're single great. but i don't pay separate phone or computer or cable bills at my house why would i for cell phones. the family plan is great for me. i'll use the phones available.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

this is absolute garbage. i'm in the same boat. would like maybe a new phone but won't leave my current plan. with the family shared plan i can have as many lines as i want with minimal price increase. i never go over my minutes and add text and data added on. my wife wanted a blackberry which we initially got but returned because of this garbage everything plan. if you're single great. but i don't pay separate phone or computer or cable bills at my house why would i for cell phones. the family plan is great for me. i'll use the phones available.
exactly but why dont they just make it available to all like the other cell phone providers do? makes more since to me sicne you have more slaes in phones... phone sales and word is the best advertisement and with high prices (tp2 through sprint) and unlocking them down like the hero and pre you get less people buying and trust me 200 bucks early termination is nothing when the phone can be sold for that price and more. i dont feel it is right but it is a way for sprint to get people out of the old contracts for good so they can start making the "big cash" through contracts again.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank god i didn't have to change my plan...but that do suck how they can manipulate the market for cell phone to a specific plan...i look at it like this, they can lose money that way i think

Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

exactly but why dont they just make it available to all like the other cell phone providers do? makes more since to me sicne you have more slaes in phones... phone sales and word is the best advertisement and with high prices (tp2 through sprint) and unlocking them down like the hero and pre you get less people buying and trust me 200 bucks early termination is nothing when the phone can be sold for that price and more. i dont feel it is right but it is a way for sprint to get people out of the old contracts for good so they can start making the "big cash" through contracts again.
not always true. you can upgrade and keep your plan.i upgraded to the tp2 which i got for free.. Kept my unlimited data for 5 buck my unlimited text and mms for 7. as well as 2 lines for 89.99 a month. With 1500 minutes .People can say what ever about the ones who call retentions. bottom line is retentions and escalation reps seem to be the only ones at sprint who care about the little people. I wasn't even eligible for my 2yr savings. they hooked me up nice. plus free airave and monthly service for it as well. idk hero never appealed to me...same as crackberrys. i guess i lucked out that way. its strange how best phone on us market will run on any plan...lol although at one point they did try the your phone wont work on 5 dollar data you need 30 dollar data. i insisted to leave as i had no issues and they did... Plus 10% off over all bill....Sprints is like that ex girl friend whos heart you break....there *****es at first...talk sweet to em and you can get anything you want again....

p.s the 200 dollar early termination fee is different as of november of last yr. its pro rated. so it goes down the longer you have your plan...
Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 PM

Re: Re sprint hero family plans bullshit

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

not always true. you can upgrade and keep your plan.i upgraded to the tp2 which i got for free.. Kept my unlimited data for 5 buck my unlimited text and mms for 7. as well as 2 lines for 89.99 a month. With 1500 minutes .People can say what ever about the ones who call retentions. bottom line is retentions and escalation reps seem to be the only ones at sprint who care about the little people. I wasn't even eligible for my 2yr savings. they hooked me up nice. plus free airave and monthly service for it as well. idk hero never appealed to me...same as crackberrys. i guess i lucked out that way. its strange how best phone on us market will run on any plan...lol although at one point they did try the your phone wont work on 5 dollar data you need 30 dollar data. i insisted to leave as i had no issues and they did... Plus 10% off over all bill....Sprints is like that ex girl friend whos heart you break....there *****es at first...talk sweet to em and you can get anything you want again....

p.s the 200 dollar early termination fee is different as of november of last yr. its pro rated. so it goes down the longer you have your plan...
correct but with the hero if you dont meet the requirements of your plan you can not activate on a lesser account...... we werent debating that you can keep your plan through an upgrade... sero has free unlimited data so lots of ppc and smartphone users got there hands on it.... they want to get these people out of the plans so what better way than doing as sprint is and makingthem get a whole new plan to use the newest and most sought over devices.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:22 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

correct but with the hero if you dont meet the requirements of your plan you can not activate on a lesser account...... we werent debating that you can keep your plan through an upgrade... sero has free unlimited data so lots of ppc and smartphone users got there hands on it.... they want to get these people out of the plans so what better way than doing as sprint is and makingthem get a whole new plan to use the newest and most sought over devices.
i know. what i meant was fight. they tried making me do it too for data. i refused and mine works fine....plus tp2 is #1 device in us cdma market...sorry hero owners. lol don't flame me..
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i know. what i meant was fight. they tried making me do it too for data. i refused and mine works fine....plus tp2 is #1 device in us cdma market...sorry hero owners. lol don't flame me..
yea windows mobile of course..but for me to pay that amount i might as well stick to my reg pro.the same shit..what becasue of a bigger screen and it tilts...hahahah i can use my cigarette box for that...i was looking for the site that a guy converted his pro to look like the att&t tilt, it was looking nice but he had problem with the slider...lol

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yea windows mobile of course..but for me to pay that amount i might as well stick to my reg pro.the same shit..what becasue of a bigger screen and it tilts...hahahah i can use my cigarette box for that...i was looking for the site that a guy converted his pro to look like the att&t tilt, it was looking nice but he had problem with the slider...lol

yup same problem i ran into but i could get by with another pro sicne i still have the hinges from the tilt laying around.... anyone got a pro that they want to put up for test purposes?
Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM

lol no but after tomorrow ill have one for sale.....

p.s.

p.b you would think that i know. I said same shit. i went to sprint store yesterday played with one for like a half hr. So much better built. They got it right this time. it feels like quality. Mine will be waiting for me when i get home tomorrow. Plus things are looking good for the sim unlocker. Come on gsm cdma on both thats sick. plus things are looking like fm may work. there finding alot more traces of it in pro2 then reg. personally i am glad i got it for free. I guess if its free its for me...lol you could too if you had issues.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 PM
OG Member

Re: Re sprint hero family plans bullshit

lol no but after tomorrow ill have one for sale.....

p.s.

p.b you would think that i know. I said same shit. i went to sprint store yesterday played with one for like a half hr. So much better built. They got it right this time. it feels like quality. Mine will be waiting for me when i get home tomorrow. Plus things are looking good for the sim unlocker. Come on gsm cdma on both thats sick. plus things are looking like fm may work. there finding alot more traces of it in pro2 then reg. personally i am glad i got it for free. I guess if its free its for me...lol you could too if you had issues.

lol..i too played around with tp2 but my heart was already on the hero...lol or stayed with my pro

Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

lol..i too played around with tp2 but my heart was already on the hero...lol or stayed with my pro
well mine will look like a hero and play nice with wmm...you seen the screens.lol
Old 10-19-2009, 08:59 PM
OG Member

well mine will look like a hero and play nice with wmm...you seen the screens.lol
lol..yea i was happy using it...as a matter of fact i updated the pro to nsfan latest and forgot or should i say i was lazy to put it back...

Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Trying to Catch UP
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View b727pilot's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View b727pilot's Photo Album Add b727pilot's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So the best plan for the new phones right now is the 69.99? I can't see coughing up another 40 bucks a month jsut for a new phone. I wonder how long it will be before they start requiring upgrading your acct for a new WM phone.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM

“ Originally Posted by b727pilot View Post

So the best plan for the new phones right now is the 69.99? I can't see coughing up another 40 bucks a month jsut for a new phone. I wonder how long it will be before they start requiring upgrading your acct for a new WM phone.
who knows it depends how bad that they want to get people out of the sero accounts or into the 99 dollar accounts as well...... sprint is using advertising to their favor.... they get you in with these call any mobile in america for free and the sero for some still.... now they saying the popular new phones are for the 99 dollar plans and if you want it you have to change... just a way to make more cash and get 99 out of you over time when you break down when that certain phone you wasnt is added to their list.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
bullshit, family, hero, plans, sprint