As YouTube Vanced fades away, these are the 6 features I?ll miss the most

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-26-2022, 05:05 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed As YouTube Vanced fades away, these are the 6 features I?ll miss the most

As YouTube Vanced fades away, these are the 6 features I?ll miss the most

Credit: Hadlee Simons / Android Authority

Earlier this month, the developers of Vanced — an unofficial feature-rich YouTube app for Android — announced that the project would shut down permanently, following a cease-and-desist letter from Google. While existing installs will continue to work until YouTube changes its API, it’s likely only a matter of time before that happens.

Contrary to popular belief, Vanced didn’t just block pre-roll video ads or unlock YouTube Premium features like background playback. Even as a long-time YouTube Premium subscriber myself, I found that Vanced greatly improved the platform’s overall usability. With the app now destined for the grave, however, I’m bracing myself for the adjustment period that going back to the official app will entail. To that end, here are the six Vanced features I will miss the most.

More...
Post New ThreadReply