Google I/O 2022: What to expect

AVN News Feed

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-09-2022, 08:47 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Google I/O 2022: What to expect

Google I/O 2022: What to expect

Every year without fail, Google holds its I/O event. Even during the pandemic, the company shifted from an in-person event to a virtual one. With I/O 2022 coming up in the next few days running from the 11th-12th of May, fans of Google and its products and services definitely have quite a lot to look forward to, and here’s what you might be able to expect.Android 13

Google has already released the Android 13 Developer Preview, although as is the case with previous Developer Previews, not much fanfare was made around its release. At I/O 2022, we expect that Google will most likely expand on Android 13 and the various changes that they’ll be making to the platforms in terms of new features, improvements, security, privacy, and more.

We doubt that Google will have a concrete release date to share regarding Android 13, so we probably shouldn’t expect to learn more about its release until much later in the year, but I/O should better help us understand what to expect from the update.

Pixel 6a

Google I/O is typically a software-focused event, but there is a chance that Google might announce the Pixel 6a at the event. We don’t think that Google will announce the Pixel 7 during the event, but to prevent overshadowing of its next-gen flagship smartphones, Google might opt to announce the cheaper Pixel 6a instead.

According to the rumors, the Pixel 6a is said to feature a 6.2-inch display with a 60Hz refresh rate, which is admittedly rather disappointing in this day and age, but it is possible that’s how the company will keep the price down. The overall design is said to be similar to the Pixel 6 and could feature a triple camera setup on the back, and will most likely be powered by Google’s very own Tensor chipset.

Pixel Watch

Image credit – u/tagtech414This wearable has been rumored for ages now and if the rumors are to be believed, it could make its debut at I/O 2022. Based on the leaks we’ve seen so far, the watch will feature a circular design that does not seem to sport any obvious bezels. It will most likely be powered by Google’s latest Wear OS platform that was revamped in collaboration with Samsung.

We’re not sure what else to expect in terms of performance or features, but as it is a smartwatch, we expect the basics like heart rate monitoring, step counting, sleep tracking, and more.

Pixel Buds Pro

Recently there have been rumors that a new version of the Pixel Buds could be in the development called the Pixel Buds Pro. Apparently this is meant to be Google’s answer to the AirPods Pro which is currently dominating the true wireless earbuds market.

Not much is known about the earbuds, but if it is meant to rival the AirPods Pro, we expect that noise cancellation will be one of the features we can look forward to. We are also hoping that improved audio and better battery life will be some of the other features we can expect.

Chrome OS

Google’s Chrome OS has been a silent alternative to Apple’s macOS and Microsoft Windows for years now, and most likely Google will announce some major updates, improvements, and features that will be coming to its computing platform.

We’ve seen how Google has greatly improved the performance and capabilities to Chrome OS over the years, so it will be quite exciting to see what kind of changes we can look forward to this year, and how Google plans to better compete against other computing platforms and make Chrome OS more appealing to the masses (beyond price).

Services

Since I/O is usually software and services focused, there’s a very good chance that Google will be taking the opportunity to announce changes to its various services and software that it offers. This could include services like Search, YouTube, Google Maps, G Suite, Gmail, Google Photos, and more.

The post Google I/O 2022: What to expect first appeared on Phandroid.

More...
Post New ThreadReply