Huawei MateBook 16s review: Huawei is really strengthening its ecosystem

AVN News Feed

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-24-2022, 10:08 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Huawei makes good laptops, and the MateBook 16s is no different. You could buy it for just that, but the real value proposition is the Huawei ecosystem. Indeed, whether you’re using a Huawei phone, smartwatch, earbuds, PC, monitor, and so on, these things are all designed to work seamlessly together. With Huawei’s Super Device feature, the idea is that it doesn’t matter what screen you’re using; it’s all the same device.

My biggest issue with the MateBook 16s is that it doesn’t have dedicated graphics. If that’s going to be the case, I’d rather see this laptop have a P-series processor. There are little things as well, such as only one of the USB Type-C ports supporting Thunderbolt.

But as usual, the MateBook 16s is a win. It’s a great all-around laptop, and if you’re already in the Huawei ecosystem, it’s even better.

• [ame][URL="https://www.amazon.co.uk/MATEBOOK-16s-EVO-12th-i9H-16G/dp/B0B56RJGSR/?tag=xdadevelopers-21"][/ame]

• The Huawei MateBook 16s is a 16-inch laptop that's made to be integrated with other Huawei products, and doesn't fail to deliver.
    • Features:

• Pros:

• Cons:

• [ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/MATEBOOK-16s-EVO-12th-i9H-16G/dp/B0B56RJGSR/?tag=xdadevelopers-21[/ame]

Navigate this review:

Huawei MateBook 16s pricing and availability

• The MateBook 16s Core i7 model is available now from the Huawei Store, and the Core i9 model is coming later from Huawei, Amazon, and more
  • Huawei is offering a free monitor if you order now
Huawei announced the MateBook 16s in June, and the product was made available on July 13. The Core i7 model is ?1,299.99, and it ships now from the Huawei Store. However, if you order prior to August 23, it actually comes with a free MateView GT 27 monitor.

The Core i9 model is ?1,499.99, and that comes from Huawei, Amazon, AO, Argos, and Currys, and that will be available on August 10. If you pre-order that before July 26, and from the Huawei Store, you’ll get a free Huawei MateView monitor.

Huawei MateBook 16s: Specs

Processor 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700H processor Graphics Intel Iris X? Graphics Body 351×254.9×17.8mm, 1.99kg Display 16 inches, IPS, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 3:2 aspect ratio, 2,520×1,680, 189ppi, 300 nits, 100% sRGB, ?E
Post New ThreadReply