Sony?s Xperia PRO and Xperia PRO-I will now work as external monitors

AVN News Feed

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-13-2022, 10:07 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Sony?s Xperia PRO and Xperia PRO-I will now work as external monitors

Sony?s Xperia PRO and Xperia PRO-I will now work as external monitors

Have you ever noticed that when it comes to professional photography or videography setups, there are usually one or two external monitors? You might be wondering what’s the point of these displays? Don’t cameras have their own built-in displays?They do, but the problem with these displays is that they tend to be a bit small, which means that it can be hard to get a good idea of what the shot actually looks like until it’s been transferred to a computer. The good news is that if you happen to own the Sony Xperia PRO and Xperia PRO-I, Sony has pushed out an update that will allow both phones to work as an external monitor.

[ame][URL="https://www.amazon.com/Xperia-smartphone-1-inch-sensor-triple/dp/B09KCNZKX3/?tag=phndrd-20"][/ame]What this means is that for photographers or videographers who shoot one of Sony’s Alpha cameras, they will be able to livestream what the camera sees onto either phone. The phones will also act as more than just a secondary display. Sony will be adding features like Wave Form which checks for exposure and RGB balance, and False Color that helps with iris setting selections to make certain details more noticeable.

According to Sony, the compatible cameras that will support this feature include the [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Full-frame-Interchangeable-Mirrorless-Camera/dp/B08V226T8Q/?tag=phndrd-20[/ame]. The update is also expected to be rolled out today, so if you own either handset and any of Sony’s compatible cameras, it might be a feature worth checking out.

Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.

The post Sony?s Xperia PRO and Xperia PRO-I will now work as external monitors first appeared on Phandroid.

More...
Post New ThreadReply