I tried signing up for Google?s Pixel Pass, but it was too much of a hassle

AVN News Feed

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-01-2022, 07:33 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed I tried signing up for Google?s Pixel Pass, but it was too much of a hassle

I tried signing up for Google?s Pixel Pass, but it was too much of a hassle

Credit: C. Scott Brown / Android Authority

Opinion post by
C. Scott Brown

In October 2021, Google launched a new subscription service called Pixel Pass. Designed as a response to the Apple One subscription program, Google?s version gives you a smartphone and various paid Google services for one monthly fee.

If this is the first you?re hearing about this, that?s not surprising. Google announced the program in a blog post but has done little to spread the word since then. This is a bit strange considering the convenience Pixel Pass offers. On paper, anyone who is deep into the Google ecosystem would love this service.

But that?s just the problem: if you are already in the Google ecosystem, Pixel Pass is not friendly to you. It?s totally bizarre. It?s almost as if Google designed it to be incredibly useful for people who have never paid for a Google service while simultaneously making it downright punishing for existing customers.

Myself, I tried signing up for Pixel Pass recently. I gave up quite early in the process.

Who can sign up for Pixel Pass?

Anyone over 13 years of age with a personal Google account living in the United States. You can?t use work or student Google Accounts.

What do you get with Google?s Pixel Pass?

Credit: Robert Triggs / Android Authority

Google?s Pixel Pass gets you a factory unlocked smartphone, a more robust hardware warranty, and subscriptions to four of Google?s best services. All of that comes in as one monthly fee. This keeps your subscription services simple (because they are all in one payment) while also saving you money.

The service currently works with the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and Pixel 6a. Here?s how that breaks down:

Choose your phone:

More...
Post New ThreadReply