Old 05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
spivey8 spivey8 is offline   Thread Starter  
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprints Free and Clear 1000 - $250 Plan

First off I havent tried this but you never know. My plan is so pimped out, that I dont want to chance messing it up.

Sprint's Free and Clear 1000 - $2.50 Plan
It is basically one of Sprint's old Free and Clear plans that SprintGuru's Coal found in the system. The unbelievable thing about this plan is that it's monthly charge is only $2.50/month! Yes, that is $2.50 per month for every line of service you have on this plan. We were skeptical about this initially, but we have confirmed that it is true.

And YES, we do realize that features such Mobile-to-Mobile and Roaming seem like it's included as part of the plan, but in reality, IT IS NOT. This plan was originally a "developer" plan that was forgotten when the finalized Free and Clear plans became available. You need to manually add these add-on SOCs later. (more on that later).

Also, in the plan description, it says that the plan costs $20/month. THIS IS NOT TRUE. Once again, this is a error in the plan description, and we have confirmed that the plan is $2.50/month.

TUTORIAL: (How to get this plan)
1. Call Customer Care
Here are some useful numbers:
888-211-4727 (This is just regular Sprint customer care. Press 0 at each prompt until you get connected to a rep)
1-877-671-1851 (This apparently is Manila Add-A-Line service. This number is great if you want to open a new line with the 2.50 plan. Credit: greenland834)
877-365-6413 (Manila Customer Care. I've had high success getting connected to an outsourced rep using this number)
More numbers:
1-866-866-7509 (Manila CS?)

Anyway, the first order of priority is to get an outsourced rep. Some of us here have had success adding this plan through an American rep, but most of us got our plans changed through an outsourced rep. An outsourced rep is a rep that is not located in the U.S., but in a call center somewhere else in the world.

I personally do not recommend going through Account Services, but some people had success through them, so try it if you must, but they can usually screw you over if you aren't careful. They are usually smarter than most CS reps. xD

TIPS:
- Try using your landline to call. I've had increased success getting connected to a foreign, outsourced rep using my landline. And to my knowledge, if you have a corp discount on your line, you are more likely to get an American rep if you call CS through your phone.
- Some people had more success calling at night (Central Time).
- Try calling on the weekends?
- Try to bury your old notes by calling in about other, random issues. Check out this thread.

2. Ask them to change the plan to FC2128
Okay, this is admittedly the most difficult part. You can take several approaches to get the plan changed for you. I'll list a couple.
-- Just straight-up ask them to change it for you. Basically, just give them the code, and ask them if they can change your current plan to this plan. Example: "Can you please change my current plan to the follow plan code? FC2128. That is, Frank Charlie 2128."
-- Have a bluff. I don't condone lying, but stretching the truth might help you get some leverage. Make it seem like they are obligated to change the plan for you. Example: Tell them that you were offered the plan somewhere else (a 3rd-party Sprint store?), but they had trouble adding the plan, so they told you to call in to get the plan changed (and thus gave you the plan code). Use your imagination. I've heard some really good ones here on the forums.

ONCE YOU GET YOUR PLAN CHANGED: You can either chose to make the plan change take effect on your next billing cycle (this is done by default), or you can ask them to make it effective immediately (but you would accepted pro-rated charges). I, personally, just accepted the pro-rated charges and had them change it immediately so I could work on getting those required add-ons. But if they don't ask whether you want to activate your plan change immediately, you should ask.

3. Get the required Add-on SOCs added to the plan
Woohoo! You finally got your plan changed!~ That was probably the most tedious part. Now, you need to fine-tune your plan to make sure everything works the way it should.

Add the following codes to your account:
AM0R - Americas Roaming
M2M0UNL - Mobile 2 Mobile
BNW6PM0 - Night And Weekends at 6pm
PICPACK0 - Free Picture Mail
PDSEUNLU - Power Vision for Free (ONLY IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE FREE POWER VISION!)
SMS0R1K - 1000 SMS For Free (For me this plan has SMS unlimited built in, but for some it doesnt show unlimited, use this add-on if needed)
IF YOU HAVE A BLACKBERRY: PDSBUNL0 - Blackberry Data Pack (use this instead of PDSEUNLU)

You can add these codes during the same call you changed your plan. Or not. It's up to you. But the point is to give the codes to the rep, asking them to add it to your plan/line. You can do this through ecare, echat, or CS.

Add-ons like Roaming and M2M should be easier to add because it "should" be included in your plan, but good luck adding stuff like Unlimited Data and the others. Ask around to see what are good methods.

4. Log onto Sprint.com to make sure everything is okay
Yepp, the final step is to verify that everything is the way it is supposed to be. Log online and check if your plan is the Free & Clear 1000 - 2.50 plan and make sure all of your add-ons are present. You might want to check your usage details also, because some people here have had trouble with Roaming charges with this plan. If that's the case, a simple call to CS to sort things out will do it since you already have the AM0R add-on code on your plan.

And that's it!~ ENJOY!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

View 2LoWw7's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 2LoWw7's Photo Album Add 2LoWw7's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprints Free and Clear 1000 - $250 Plan

Hmmm... Sounds tempting but not too sure of this??? After all those add on how much is your plan??
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2LoWw7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
spivey8 spivey8 is offline   Thread Starter  
Tallest Member

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the addons are free

These are my add ons, Included is free, now you see why i didnt want to try.
37.00 bucks for Sero 500 anytime and 500 bonus, free incoming... so i with the free incoming i never use more than 250 bonus mins, and my nights start at 5pm

FREE text,picture mail, m2m,data

Plan add-ons for ....... . ......
400 Free Minutes Included ( code USU400M )
3 Numbers, Any Network-Unltd Included ( code RET3N0 )
Unlimited Incoming Minutes Included ( code not telling haha )
Phone As Modem Included (code PAM1 )
Unlimited Nights&Weekends-7pm Included ( code NWUNL7PM )
Unl Shared Nights/Weekends 6pm Included ( code BNWUN6PSA )
TEP ($3 Ins. premium + ESRP) 7.00
Unl Shared Night&Wknd Min 5pm Included ( code BNW0UN5PS )
100 Free Minutes Included ( code USU100M )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spivey8 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yah so my bill is like 150 bucks a month right now and this is extremely tempting, but I'd like to hear a success story of someone doing this with an unlimited data plan added on.

And doesn't changing your plan extend you to another 2 year contract as well?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View make-ya-kri's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View make-ya-kri's Photo Album Add make-ya-kri's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This does sound tempting Im payin 150 right now too the unlimited everything plan.. so Dash what do you think of this????
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to make-ya-kri For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by make-ya-kri View Post

This does sound tempting Im payin 150 right now too the unlimited everything plan.. so Dash what do you think of this????
dont know since i havent tried it.... ill wait for some others to test and see since i dont want to go through the headache if something backfires on this.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Mobile Model: Ppc 6950

View heartxcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View heartxcore's Photo Album Add heartxcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Some clarification is due here...
I work for Sprint (Advanced Tech Support) in a non-vendor location. I can not tell you how many people I have seen try to cheat "The System". I can tell you now, It doesnt work. That specific plan code has been deleted from our systems, and though you may still get an outsourced vendor to add the plan for you, if you ever have an actual problem with your phone/bill we will remove it. I know your probably thinking "I'll just ask for cancellations, they do everything I want them to" you're wrong. Our cancellations department will cancel your account, and if not they will mark your account as fraudulant. We offer many great plans, Like the SERO plan, Everything Plus Referral Programs and more.
Example One: We do, as you may have noticed, have area-wide network issues and provisioning issues meaning you may get an error 67 or 1012 on your internet service. You have this plan or one similar trying to cheat the system. ATS takes the call because outsourced vendors transfer everything (including billing) to us. We see the you have this ridiculous plan and make you change it.
Another reason this plan is not a good idea. Whenever you upgrade, we look at your plan. Whenever you esn swap, we look at your plan. Whenever you ANYTHING, we look at your plan to make sure it's compatable with your device. Samsung Instincts for instance, are required to have Simply Everything Data plans.

Im not trying to be mean or anything... But i've gotten too many calls where people's phones arent working (even though there bill is paid and there are no network outages) because their account has been cancelled as fraudulant. Please, for your phones sake, do not attemt to change to this plan. Stick with SERO or Everything Referral Plus.

Sorry guys, The decision is up to you. If you want to risk it, be my guest. Im just trying to tell you before you find out SOMEHOW else.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heartxcore For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by heartxcore View Post

Some clarification is due here...
I work for Sprint (Advanced Tech Support) in a non-vendor location. I can not tell you how many people I have seen try to cheat "The System". I can tell you now, It doesnt work. That specific plan code has been deleted from our systems, and though you may still get an outsourced vendor to add the plan for you, if you ever have an actual problem with your phone/bill we will remove it. I know your probably thinking "I'll just ask for cancellations, they do everything I want them to" you're wrong. Our cancellations department will cancel your account, and if not they will mark your account as fraudulant. We offer many great plans, Like the SERO plan, Everything Plus Referral Programs and more.
Example One: We do, as you may have noticed, have area-wide network issues and provisioning issues meaning you may get an error 67 or 1012 on your internet service. You have this plan or one similar trying to cheat the system. ATS takes the call because outsourced vendors transfer everything (including billing) to us. We see the you have this ridiculous plan and make you change it.
Another reason this plan is not a good idea. Whenever you upgrade, we look at your plan. Whenever you esn swap, we look at your plan. Whenever you ANYTHING, we look at your plan to make sure it's compatable with your device. Samsung Instincts for instance, are required to have Simply Everything Data plans.

Im not trying to be mean or anything... But i've gotten too many calls where people's phones arent working (even though there bill is paid and there are no network outages) because their account has been cancelled as fraudulant. Please, for your phones sake, do not attemt to change to this plan. Stick with SERO or Everything Referral Plus.

Sorry guys, The decision is up to you. If you want to risk it, be my guest. Im just trying to tell you before you find out SOMEHOW else.
Yah so with that being said, I think imma just gonna go with my original instinct and just get rid of sprint and flash my pro to cricKet since i'm a college student and can't afford sprint anymore.

I thank you for all your informative information because I sure as hell was going to try this sometime soon. If I knew I could get by having SERO with an extra line added I would do that, but I found out that people were saying that you can only have 1 line per SERO account or something like that. So while 50 bucks sounds nice, it doesn't when you have to pay it twice plus a couple extra features that SERO doesn't include. SO that means it would be back up to 150 bucks anyways lol.

Hows the saying go... Up shits creek .... where's my paddle?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
$250, 1000, clear, free, plan, sprints