Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Howweird Howweird is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul 6800
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Howweird's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Howweird's Photo Album Add Howweird's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mod discussion/Recommendations

I have a question about what Mod you people have found to be the most lightweight on resource usage, while still having a nice layout with many features and having a nice look and feel.
I have checked out alot of them on here and some look great, but just wanted to know if anyone (staff of members) has one they would recommend over another. I have a HTC Mogul 6800 that (with the help from this site) I have flashed to Cricket. Everything works fine with it, but I would also like to know if a "complete" Mod change would help get rid of the Sprint default's? (as I hope it will)

Any recommendation would be helpful to help narrow down my choices.

P.S. And yes I am very new to this so please ignore my ignorance.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mod discussion/Recommendations

“ Originally Posted by Howweird View Post

I have a question about what Mod you people have found to be the most lightweight on resource usage, while still having a nice layout with many features and having a nice look and feel.
I have checked out alot of them on here and some look great, but just wanted to know if anyone (staff of members) has one they would recommend over another. I have a HTC Mogul 6800 that (with the help from this site) I have flashed to Cricket. Everything works fine with it, but I would also like to know if a "complete" Mod change would help get rid of the Sprint default's? (as I hope it will)

i have no clue what you mean by mod... do you mean ui? (user interface) do you mean full theme? you need to give us more details on what you are talkign in order for us to help you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM

View Howweird's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Howweird's Photo Album Add Howweird's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry about that.
Yes a complete theme, one that changes the entire look of the operating system. Like the one's I have seen on your videos, Mr. D/\sh.
Once again I am sorry for not knowing the correct terms.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Howweird For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by howweird View Post

sorry about that.
Yes a complete theme, one that changes the entire look of the operating system. Like the one's i have seen on your videos, mr. D/\sh.
Once again i am sorry for not knowing the correct terms.
hi try spb 3 use search whe have spb theme section where you can find theme for it oke

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I believe that you are actually talking about a rom. Most roms will come without the carrier bloat so all of the sprint apps will be gone. I know there are some roms for the mogul that are completely bare and some that come pre packaged and optimize for different UI's such as manilla2d. I'm not sure which exact ones will work with cricket but I'm sure most of them will with the proper carrier cab. Another thing that I feel should be pointed out is to remember that the Mogul doesn't have a huge amount of memory for installed programs. Back when I had the mogul I liked scrolser's manilla2d rom because it had a decent amount of memory while running manilla2d and came with every carrier cab in a folder so you don't have to search for them. If you want a different UI than manilla2d I suggest the kaos take 5 rom because it has no bloat and has the most memory for the mogul out of any rom out there and you can choose your perfect UI. If you go with Kaos' rom then I suggest SPB Mobile Shell or my favorite HTC Home w/ultimate launcher.

EDIT....Flashing guides can be found in any of the Staff's signatures and it is definitely easier than it sounds

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry about that.
Yes a complete theme, one that changes the entire look of the operating system. Like the one's I have seen on your videos, Mr. D/\sh.
Once again I am sorry for not knowing the correct terms.
no need to be sirry and basically it breaks down like this

rom: is like the operating system (windows xp, windows vista....) but for your phone. you have xp home, xp professional, vista home premium, vista ultimate etc.... roms are the same way and give you and take out different features as we ll as editing and making changes to the registry for better performance or shortcut hacks.

user interface (ui) basically what this consists of is the way that the homescren looks. there are many different looks including what im using now which is spb mobile shell 3.01 beta 3, than there is others like wisbar advance, wisbar advance desktop, ultimate launch, different homescreen plugins, ui today, touchflo 3d, touchflo 2d, touchflo 3d-2, and the list just continues and will give you a whole new look asnd feel ofor how you navigate around your phone.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

user interface (ui) basically what this consists of is the way that the homescren looks. there are many different looks including what im using now which is spb mobile shell 3.01 beta 3, than there is others like wisbar advance, wisbar advance desktop, ultimate launch, different homescreen plugins, ui today, touchflo 3d, touchflo 2d, touchflo 3d-2, and the list just continues and will give you a whole new look asnd feel ofor how you navigate around your phone.
Modding the UI is where alot of the fun comes in. For me, the searching and exploring or making my own themes etc. is at least half the fun. Finding and viewing the skills of others. Here in SPJ there are some INCREDIBLE designers who come up with mind blowing things. For a simple, quick update to your UI, I would recommend first looking at the mobile shell and the Wisbar Advance. I think that they are pretty simple to get set up to get you started. I personally am using UL coupled with other plug-ins. My setup is similar as demonstrated in D/\SH's UL video. Its a bit more difficult to get set up until you work your way through things. HTC Home is also another nice one...

Just start searching around and viewing things til you find one that tickles your fancy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2009, 06:34 PM

you would need to reflash to a custom rom to get rid of all the sprint stuff on it and than set it up again to get everything working again..... many roms are universal and will say what they work for provider wise in the description. and i would go with mobile shell for your mogul.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2009, 10:32 AM

Thank you all for your advice, I am on my way to doing more research on all the things you have talked about and thank you for breaking it down for me. I want to do this right and learn what I am doing and how to do it right the first time, to avoid countless hours of "wtf did I do wrong?". I love the site and all that you guys do for us just getting into this. Keep up the good work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Howweird For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mod