Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC sees revenue falling due to "delays in product launches"

Code

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/08/03/htc-sees-revenue-falling-due-to-delays-in-product-launches/
HTC's been on somewhat of a hot streak here lately, but word on the street has it that the aforesaid outfit may not be able to ship all of its forthcoming handsets on time. A new Wall Street Journal report on falling revenue in the HTC camp notes that an undisclosed amount of delays, a larger-than-anticipated drop in contract orders and lower-than-expected sales in China could lead to drooping income in the short term, and some analysts are pointing out that the company's average selling price per phone is sliding due to looming Android competition from the likes of Motorola and Sony Ericsson. Aside from the Touch Pro2 that'll probably never, ever land on Sprint, HTC has about a gazillion other rumored handsets on the horizon, but it's hard to know for sure which "product launches" are expected to be stalled. So, is HTC secretly retooling a smattering of its handsets in order to stay one step ahead of SE and Moto? Or are old fashioned supply chain inefficiencies to blame?

Code

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124906167235897391.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC sees revenue falling due to "delays in product launches"

im sad about the tp2 too... ;( idk if it'll ever hit but i hope it does it's a bad ass phone... but as for htc goes... i'm sad to hear that htc is not releasing because of competition... i know they are a great company but even some of the more famous companies let out bunkie phones and i'm pretty sure whatever htc got cooked up... it can't be that bad... lol...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC sees revenue falling due to delays in product launches

nooooooo dont make me get an LG; HTC NEEDS TO STAY ALLIIVEEEE

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC sees revenue falling due to delays in product launches

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

nooooooo dont make me get an LG; HTC NEEDS TO STAY ALLIIVEEEE
they wont go anywhere, they will just have to enforce a penalty of some big cash for the delays if they are made by the service provider..... its not fair that they lose money for something thats not in their control....... charge them ****ers htc hahahaah oif they all go out of business make your own and use the towers that you bought from them hahahahhaha htc is going to take over the world
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
falling, htc, revenue, sees