Notices

Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-01-2009, 11:14 PM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

dashwire was acquired by MiQ read details about your active accounts.

Code

http://blog.dashwire.com/2009/10/05/whats-happening-to-dashwire-com/

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Members using dashwire (Important Notice)

I just wish I could remember my account name..............i signed up, but i deleted the email.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

go to the site and plug in the email address you signed up on and they will email it to you
Old 12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Glad I switched to Msoft's "MyPhone."

As for MiQ... I think it's going to be as successful as selling ice cubes to Eskimos. Why pay for something that is offered for free by dozens of competitors?
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Glad I switched to Msoft's "MyPhone."

As for MiQ... I think it's going to be as successful as selling ice cubes to Eskimos. Why pay for something that is offered for free by dozens of competitors?
Actually, it appears you can use MiQ and that is similar to Dashwire and that will remain free, so it's still a good alternative. They just have a different goal for Dashwire itself from what they're stating.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 AM

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

go to the site and plug in the email address you signed up on and they will email it to you
i did that. i couldn't remember any of my sign in info. but, after several attempts i got in. i had never used it before, but i think its ok. it's functional, so far.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i did that. i couldn't remember any of my sign in info. but, after several attempts i got in. i had never used it before, but i think its ok. it's functional, so far.
hahahah wanna know the funny thing, i have never let it fully go through, was taking so long so i canceled the backup and never went back.... to many other options to have one i wont be satisfied with. and gmail hooks me up with not only email by my contacts so cant beat that
Old 12-05-2009, 01:16 PM

Re Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

hahahah wanna know the funny thing, i have never let it fully go through, was taking so long so i canceled the backup and never went back.... to many other options to have one i wont be satisfied with. and gmail hooks me up with not only email by my contacts so cant beat that
hahaha yea. i've been running google sync for a while. and after a llllooonnnggg upload to dashwire everyting is there. damn. anyway i'm running both right now but i suspect i'll remove the dashwire program in a few days. i'ts ok, but google has more functionality to it. i'm google's mindless drone.

as a side note i noticed 1000 sms messages is the max ammont you can have on your TP2 running juicy R5. any more and the phone llllaaagggsssssss.

1000 is the number of the counting. thou shalt count to 1000. thou shalt not count to 1001 for that would be too many. (sorry monty python isk. there)
Old 12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Addict

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

When I was using Dashwire, if I set it to NOT back up pictures and videos, it wasn't too terribly slow.

That being said, I still don't use it. Like you said... too many other options.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:49 PM

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

When I was using Dashwire, if I set it to NOT back up pictures and videos, it wasn't too terribly slow.

That being said, I still don't use it. Like you said... too many other options.
yup just personal preference totally just as roms, apps, and games are to the device.... i just like the thought of google being wherever i am since i may not laways be around a computer.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:29 PM

yup just personal preference totally just as roms, apps, and games are to the device.... i just like the thought of google being wherever i am since i may not laways be around a computer.
or your phone crashes/ is stolen/ lost/ damaged/ etc.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yes mIQ is free and is good for doing a nice BACKUP in case something goes wrong.

i wont use it all the time but its nice to have in case you switch from say mail2web to google sync because it wont let you sync your contacts if you already did a sync.

i switched to google sync and love it.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Addict

Using Microsoft's My Phone app, myself. Aside from being a nice automated back-up app, it also can be used to find (via GPS,) lock, or even hard reset your phone if it's lost. It'll also lock the phone & display a message on the screen in case it's found by someone.

The more advanced features have a price after the 1st usage, but you don't have to pay until you NEED them.... i.e. lose your phone.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Re: Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

Yes mIQ is free and is good for doing a nice BACKUP in case something goes wrong.

i wont use it all the time but its nice to have in case you switch from say mail2web to google sync because it wont let you sync your contacts if you already did a sync.

i switched to google sync and love it.

word thanks for the heads up through text and got the time at work to finally check it out... lots faster than it used to be thats for sure.... good for another backup source of my information.... now its going to be periodically keep backing up through all so they are all up too date. you can never have too many backup options.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Members using dashwire (Important Notice

word thanks for the heads up through text and got the time at work to finally check it out... lots faster than it used to be thats for sure.... good for another backup source of my information.... now its going to be periodically keep backing up through all so they are all up too date. you can never have too many backup options.
AMEN to that bro

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dashwire, important, members, notice