Google's Nexus One Event: What to Expect

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-04-2010, 11:11 AM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Google's Nexus One Event: What to Expect

Speculation and an early peek at the strengths and omissions of Google's forthcoming smartphone.

Read More From Source
Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Google's Nexus One Event: What to Expect

what are they thinking having the capability to add multi-touch and they skip right over it! but i do like how it has the 3.7 inch screen as well as the 1ghz processor as well as the thickness being slimmer than the iphone. (hopefully it has the weight still and doesnt feel cheap... there is good and bad with this device and i dont feel that it will completely change the industry as they were hoping but i have been wrong before. really the only thing that it has is the processor which will be coming out on many more devices in 2010 as well.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Personally, I think we're getting to the point with smartphones/converged devices where we were with PCs a few years ago.

Back in the 90s, if you wanted a PC that would do everything you wanted a PC to do, you had to be careful about what you got. Now, most any off the shelf PC will do whatever the vast majority of people want a PC to do.

In all honesty, I can't think of much my TP can do that my Mogul couldn't, and my Mogul could do whatever the vast majority of smartphone users need/want. IMO, the last big step was integrated GPS. Really, the only thing left before these devices do all we'll ever really want or need is full integrated Flash within the web browsers. Once that happens, it'll all be incremental improvements in speed, reliability, and style... just like PCs have been for the past several years.

Think about it...

A Mogul had a full QWERTY keyboard
camera
video camera
GPS
everything WinMo is capable of.

The successor to that, the TP1, only added video out (very limited uses,) and the accelerometer... something that is little more than a toy and doesn't really improve the functionality of the device. Every other improvement just built on already existing capabilities.

The TP2 just takes all that was the TP1 and incrementally improves everything.

Adding a faster processor may or may not enable Flash in the browser. If it does, what's left?

The cameras will get better, the GPS will get better, the OS will get better, keyboards will get better, screens will get better... but is there anything NEW these devices will do?

That's a rhetorical question, boys.

Don't get me wrong... When I see a Snapdragon with a keyboard on the market, I'm ready to buy!!! LOL
Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

Personally, I think we're getting to the point with smartphones/converged devices where we were with PCs a few years ago.

Back in the 90s, if you wanted a PC that would do everything you wanted a PC to do, you had to be careful about what you got. Now, most any off the shelf PC will do whatever the vast majority of people want a PC to do.

In all honesty, I can't think of much my TP can do that my Mogul couldn't, and my Mogul could do whatever the vast majority of smartphone users need/want. IMO, the last big step was integrated GPS. Really, the only thing left before these devices do all we'll ever really want or need is full integrated Flash within the web browsers. Once that happens, it'll all be incremental improvements in speed, reliability, and style... just like PCs have been for the past several years.

Think about it...

A Mogul had a full QWERTY keyboard
camera
video camera
GPS
everything WinMo is capable of.

The successor to that, the TP1, only added video out (very limited uses,) and the accelerometer... something that is little more than a toy and doesn't really improve the functionality of the device. Every other improvement just built on already existing capabilities.

The TP2 just takes all that was the TP1 and incrementally improves everything.

Adding a faster processor may or may not enable Flash in the browser. If it does, what's left?

The cameras will get better, the GPS will get better, the OS will get better, keyboards will get better, screens will get better... but is there anything NEW these devices will do?

That's a rhetorical question, boys.

Don't get me wrong... When I see a Snapdragon with a keyboard on the market, I'm ready to buy!!! LOL

word i have to agree but thats why i like to see what android is doing.. they are going after iphone by doing what they do successfully but they are taking their own path and doing there thing which will be the only way to make advancements inn the future... if you follow someone else your never going to do something new or first, you do first they are the copiers and the tides have changed.
Post New ThreadReply