Notices

Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

Research report shows that tech-savvy information workers want to be connected to (yet untethered from) the office even more--often at the expense of their personal lives.

Read More From Source
Old 01-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Do Smartphones Promote Work-Life Imbalance for iWorkers?

its just amazing to think about how the work force is changing so quickly and dramatically with technology. 10 years ago there wasnt a thought of working from home happening with most jobs, but with the technology advancement and at such a rapid pace this was made easily done with as they said smartphones and ppc's. technology is good but i feel that we should draw the line somewhere since too much of a good thing becomes bad and can take down jobs and the economy as we know it today... imagine no malls and online purchases only, buying groceries online and having them delievered to your house, these things are happening and expanding each and every day and could be the end of the way that we conduct business today. and for the working from home thing, of course with the smartphones you can do since you can easily check email from your lay-z-boy and do whatever else you need to right than and there. the only thing i didnt like is the iworker name they brought up not everything in the mobile handset world is apple and im sorry they arent the best even though they are the most popular. (my opinion but i feel many will feel the same way besides the apple fanboys)
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Do Smartphones Promote WorkLife Imbalance for iWorkers

My big gripe is that companies want you to use YOUR OWN phone with YOUR OWN data plan and work on YOUR OWN time.

Technically, that's illegal... at least it is for hourly employees.

If my wife's employer were willing to pay her her hourly rate while she works from home, she'd be working from home 3 out of 5 days. But, they don't pay her for work she does from home, so she rarely ever does it.

It's a stupid strategy for employers... to NOT pay employees for work done on personal time. It builds resentment & gives employees the power to suddenly deny the company something they become dependent on should the relationship sour. I know that from experience.... when my boss has pissed me off, suddenly and quite mysteriously, my Touch Pro quits working.

Go figure.
Post New ThreadReply