iPad Stage Manager is a good start, but it has a lot to learn from Samsung

AVN News Feed

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-19-2022, 02:10 PM
phillynewsnow phillynewsnow is offline   Thread Starter  
Site Moderator - Staff

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View phillynewsnow's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View phillynewsnow's Photo Album Add phillynewsnow's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rss Feed iPad Stage Manager is a good start, but it has a lot to learn from Samsung

iPad Stage Manager is a good start, but it has a lot to learn from Samsung Dex

Credit: Palash Volvoikar / Android Authority

Opinion post by
Palash Volvoikar

At WWDC 2022, Apple announced iPadOS 16 and the latest versions of its other operating systems, including macOS Ventura. One of the notable improvements with iPadOS is upgraded multitasking features. The two key additions are full external display support and Stage Manager ? a window interface that brings iPadOS closer to a desktop experience than ever before.

My M1-powered 11-inch iPad Pro has been sitting at my desk since I bought it, seeing very little use because it gives me very few reasons to pick it up over my phone or laptop. So I decided to take the iPadOS 16 developer beta out for a spin on it to see if Stage Manager has the potential to change that. My conclusion? Stage Manager is definitely a step in the right direction, but it?s still got a lot to learn from Samsung Dex.

More...
Post New ThreadReply