Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Newblinkie TouchDown Exchange

TouchDown Exchange E-mail Client v3.2 2.0011
Requirements Android
Overview TouchDown™ lets you access your corporate Email, Contacts and Calendar right from your Google phone. Works with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007 SP1 and with most online Exchange hosting providers.
[break]
The first Exchange sync app for Android! - Gets your emails, contacts and calendar on G1.
TouchDown lets you access your corporate Email, Contacts and Calendar right from your Google phone. Works with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007 SP1 and with most online Exchange hosting providers.

More Info

Code

http://www.nitrodesk.com/dk_touchdownFeatures.aspx

Code

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14628S99

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
SENIOR ADMIN@SPJ HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2009, 04:18 PM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TouchDown Exchange

Downloaded the trial/demo version from the Market, used the serial from here, works flawlessly on my Sprint touch (vogue, yes it's a dinosaur) running android. That's been the only reason I waited so long to run adnroid, is that I couldn't to corporate email. Now I can. Thanks for the serial.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:37 AM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TouchDown Exchange

I have installed this app, and have tried several times to get it to work with my school email address which uses Microsoft Outlook. Is this what I would use for that? If so, are there any specific settings I need to be aware of, I've entered my server name as my outlook push email instructed? Any help greatly appreciated!

Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TouchDown Exchange

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

I have installed this app, and have tried several times to get it to work with my school email address which uses Microsoft Outlook. Is this what I would use for that? If so, are there any specific settings I need to be aware of, I've entered my server name as my outlook push email instructed? Any help greatly appreciated!
you have to go to the it department and get the incoming and outgoing server addresses... once you get that you will be good to go
Old 11-30-2009, 05:34 PM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re TouchDown Exchange

I had to use a backslash (\) between my domain and username on the first line

as follows:

1) Login ID : domain\username (no "@ xyz.com" needed here)

2) uncheck "this is my email address" (at least this is what i did)

3) Email address: username@xyz.com or .edu

4) select language and SAVE

5) go to Connection Tab

6) Server name : mail.companyname.com (typical, yours may be different, since it is a school)

7) SSL check box may or may not be needed. depends on server authentication settings.

8) Fetch and trust, leave unchecked.

9) Save

Try that, and let me know if it works. If not, your server may be configured differently, and in such case, you'll need to contact theserver administrator.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/11/2009 at 0659 --------

AngieKay.....I don't have a Droid to verify, but I believe the Droid ships with Corporate Sync already installed. Go you your email, click add account, and look for Corporate Sync.

Then, the steps are basically the same that I listed above, but its not a backslash (\) between domain and username, but rather a forward slash (/).

The stock Corporate Sync doesn't do your Outlook Calendar, but it does the email just fine (not sure about contacts and tasks, etc.). Set it up on a co-workers Motorola Cliq, which should be similar the the Droid Corporate Sync option.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re TouchDown Exchange

“ Originally Posted by sl8dogg View Post

I had to use a backslash (\) between my domain and username on the first line

as follows:

1) Login ID : domain\username (no "@ xyz.com" needed here)

2) uncheck "this is my email address" (at least this is what i did)

3) Email address: username@xyz.com or .edu

4) select language and SAVE

5) go to Connection Tab

6) Server name : mail.companyname.com (typical, yours may be different, since it is a school)

7) SSL check box may or may not be needed. depends on server authentication settings.

8) Fetch and trust, leave unchecked.

9) Save

Try that, and let me know if it works. If not, your server may be configured differently, and in such case, you'll need to contact theserver administrator.

--------- New Post Merged on 30/11/2009 at 0659 --------

AngieKay.....I don't have a Droid to verify, but I believe the Droid ships with Corporate Sync already installed. Go you your email, click add account, and look for Corporate Sync.

Then, the steps are basically the same that I listed above, but its not a backslash (\) between domain and username, but rather a forward slash (/).

The stock Corporate Sync doesn't do your Outlook Calendar, but it does the email just fine (not sure about contacts and tasks, etc.). Set it up on a co-workers Motorola Cliq, which should be similar the the Droid Corporate Sync option.
THANKS ALOT FOR THE POST AND HELP, I've done all this, and my "instructions" via my schools emails options for setting this up on my phone tells me to put as the exchange server name m.outlook.com, but that's the problem, when I go to diagnostics it's giving me the error, and it said m.outlook.com does not match host outlook.com; SO I CHANGED IT to outlook.com AND IT WORKED............WOOOT!!!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
exchange, touchdown