PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 PM
canmx120 canmx120 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC 6800
Mobile Carrier: Telus

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View canmx120's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View canmx120's Photo Album Add canmx120's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Advice on replacement/repair of my phone

Hi, I'm looking for advice on getting this phone repaired or exchanged without paying for a new/replacement phone. Or at least not paying full price.

The phone is an HTC P4000, carrier telus.
Problems
First: The LCD touch screen has had 3 large white dots in the display practically since I got the phone.(about the size of a pencil's eraser)
Second:The 4 way pad on the bottom of the phone for navigation is broken.
Up is broken, down/left/right still work.
Third: This is the biggest problem, the battery life is terrible. Without making any phonecalls, or having any extra services running(bluetooth, wifi, music, etc) and with the screen off, my battery will last a maximum of 4 hours, and the battery life meter reads incorrectly. It could read 60% and within 5 minutes run out of power.
Fourth: The speed of the phone is MUCH slower than when I first purchased it. Unless there is work being done on the network that I don't know about about the only thing I can guess this is from would be the device being broken or them throttling my connection.

Any advice you can give me on how to deal with them so that I don't get soaked for replacement fee's would be much appreciated. Oh, and I've owned the phone for about 15 months.

Visibly the phone looks like it has regular cosmetic wear IMO, the finish is worn off in areas that would rest against a tabletop, or edges of the phone that rub together when you open/close it.

I can't believe they sucked $200 and a 3 year term outta me on this phone, haha, cant pay any more right now since I need money for college.
Although, if I can get a new touch pro 2 or just touch pro for cheap as a replacement I might just be able to budget it in.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Advice on replacement/repair of my phone

the only thing i can suggest being that you're with telus.Is to call customer service and tell them your problem and see if they can do anything for you.If you have insurance it may help.Because i know sprint will replace a phone for wear and tear with a insurance on your account.Now for the battery issue are you running a custom rom?

good luck

Old 10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
canmx120 canmx120 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC 6800
Mobile Carrier: Telus

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View canmx120's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View canmx120's Photo Album Add canmx120's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Advice on replacement/repair of my phone

The rom is just telus's wm6.1 rom. I'm only using skyfire, pdanet and tcpmp for 3rd party programs. Turns out telus has a subscription program for replacing phones that are damaged but you have to subscribe within a month of activation and its $7 a month. I might have gone for this had I known about it. The battery issue might be related to the phone being tethered so much and therefore being charged before its dead, or am I wrong on this?

Thanks for the response.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
advice, phone, replacement or repair