HTC Touch Pro Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
hPeOaTd hPeOaTd is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View hPeOaTd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hPeOaTd's Photo Album Add hPeOaTd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Short freeze from time to time

Every once in a while ill be doing something on my pro and all of a sudden the screen will lock up and no touches of the screen will register ( i kno this because i have touchresponse activated). It only locks up for about 5-10 seconds but as it 'comes back to life' a roughly one second vibration happens ( way longer than the 35ms touch response vibration). I notice it mostly when playing games because it continues the game so I lose whatever it is every time. So is this normal with windows mobile smartphones or the pro in particular? It has been an ongoing issue through the many many ROMs i have flashed to this thing, so Im wondering if anyone else experiences this problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hPeOaTd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Short freeze from time to time

“ Originally Posted by wMeAeNd View Post

Every once in a while ill be doing something on my pro and all of a sudden the screen will lock up and no touches of the screen will register ( i kno this because i have touchresponse activated). It only locks up for about 5-10 seconds but as it 'comes back to life' a roughly one second vibration happens ( way longer than the 35ms touch response vibration). I notice it mostly when playing games because it continues the game so I lose whatever it is every time. So is this normal with windows mobile smartphones or the pro in particular? It has been an ongoing issue through the many many ROMs i have flashed to this thing, so Im wondering if anyone else experiences this problem.
this has been discussed before no need to open another thread plz...the search bar is your best freind...so many things could lead to freezing on device...depending on apps installed and compatibility with each other...also r u running stock or custom rom? if running stock highly recommend going custom...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have only experienced this with the touch pro and dont know for sure what the cause is but i can easily make it freeze when i use 3D animations like when i use the 3D accelerated carosel on spb ms3 or when i play call of duty 2. imo it might be a glitch on the 3d or d3d drivers when chefs try to mess with them when cooking roms but thats just my opinion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 AM

View hPeOaTd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hPeOaTd's Photo Album Add hPeOaTd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

i have only experienced this with the touch pro and dont know for sure what the cause is but i can easily make it freeze when i use 3D animations like when i use the 3D accelerated carosel on spb ms3 or when i play call of duty 2. imo it might be a glitch on the 3d or d3d drivers when chefs try to mess with them when cooking roms but thats just my opinion.
Thanks man and sorry about posting about a topic that has been discussed but I have searched for this and never found anything that sounded like my problem. But I use spb shell too so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe Ill try rollin without it for a while to see if it still happens. That or try other chefs ROMs and kitchens because I tend to stick with the SSK series for the most part.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hPeOaTd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by wMeAeNd View Post

Thanks man and sorry about posting about a topic that has been discussed but I have searched for this and never found anything that sounded like my problem. But I use spb shell too so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe Ill try rollin without it for a while to see if it still happens. That or try other chefs ROMs and kitchens because I tend to stick with the SSK series for the most part.
I really like spb shell alot but try running it with tatanium only Rom without tflo3d gives me a best performance...give it shot, recommend using Gss rom titanium only...thnxs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 AM

“ Originally Posted by parna1973 View Post

I really like spb shell alot but try running it with tatanium only Rom without tflo3d gives me a best performance...give it shot, recommend using Gss rom titanium only...thnxs
Ok I might try that ROM. right now I am on a TF3D free rom (hmm catchy) but maybe it has something to do with the 3d drivers you were talking about. I love spb alot too, imo its 1000000 times better than manilla and so customizable. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to hPeOaTd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

you took the words right out of my mouth........ damn you quick son
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you took the words right out of my mouth........ damn you quick son
hahaha i still got it. im just rusty

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
freeze, short, time