Weather/cities dilema?

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
killaatwill killaatwill is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: ppc6800

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View killaatwill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View killaatwill's Photo Album Add killaatwill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Weather/cities dilema?

So I got the touch today after debating between it and the 6800. So far I'm not liking it to much because of the keypad thing or the lack of I should say! I think I'm going to end up trading it in very soon unless I get used to it somehow. But anyway, the weather application on the home screen doesn't have my city! Is there anyway to fix this? If not can I change the tab to use some other weather application or something so I don't have this useless Icon on here?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Weather/cities dilema?

“ Originally Posted by killaatwill View Post

So I got the touch today after debating between it and the 6800. So far I'm not liking it to much because of the keypad thing or the lack of I should say! I think I'm going to end up trading it in very soon unless I get used to it somehow. But anyway, the weather application on the home screen doesn't have my city! Is there anyway to fix this? If not can I change the tab to use some other weather application or something so I don't have this useless Icon on here?
1. you can take it off by going to start/settings/personaltoday and than the htc tab
2. do a quick search for weather fix* and you will find the cab that updates you with more cities.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Staff Team HTC
Mobile Model: Blackberry
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View TAR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TAR's Photo Album Add TAR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

1. you can take it off by going to start/settings/personaltoday and than the htc tab
2. do a quick search for weather fix* and you will find the cab that updates you with more cities.
i did the quick search for weather fix* and didnt find the link with the cab. going to look again. if you can help would be thankful. i need chapel hill(home of the tar heels)...lol
Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tarblueriver View Post

i did the quick search for weather fix* and didnt find the link with the cab. going to look again. if you can help would be thankful. i need chapel hill(home of the tar heels)...lol
its in there bro i jsut did and got this without problem...... 2nd one down... https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...weather+fix%2A
Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Staff Team HTC
Mobile Model: Blackberry
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View TAR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TAR's Photo Album Add TAR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

its in there bro i jsut did and got this without problem...... 2nd one down... https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...weather+fix%2A
no chapel hill in that list :-(
Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
killaatwill killaatwill is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View killaatwill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View killaatwill's Photo Album Add killaatwill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tarblueriver View Post

The only way I can see to get rid of the weather tab is to get rid of the whole today screen. Is this what your talking about? I don't get a HTC tab for an option it only says htc today in the list of stuff you can have on the home screen? It's to bad I can't get my city because it's a cool little option to have it right there. I tried the extra cities before with the cab that gives the extra tabs on the today screen but still didn't get my city unless they updated it or are talking about a different cab?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by killaatwill View Post

The only way I can see to get rid of the weather tab is to get rid of the whole today screen. Is this what your talking about? I don't get a HTC tab for an option it only says htc today in the list of stuff you can have on the home screen? It's to bad I can't get my city because it's a cool little option to have it right there. I tried the extra cities before with the cab that gives the extra tabs on the today screen but still didn't get my city unless they updated it or are talking about a different cab?
naw its the same...... i guess you will have to look for a city near you.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dilema, weather or cities