Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
kaos kaos is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC* Performance (overclocking)

It's a control panel. You launch it, enable 'dynamic CPU frequency scaling' checkbox, and pick the 520mhz max or 624mhz.

Then you forget about it, except your mogul or touch to now runs like it's on steroids.
It is noticeably faster... snappier. Stable, so far, as well.
to enable after install go to settings>system>performance

http://rapidshare.com/files/87407743...mance.cab.html

NOTE: I MYSELF AND SPJ TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.YOU DO THIS AT YOU OWN RISK.
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH

Uploads: 0

View mumrah777's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mumrah777's Photo Album Add mumrah777's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC* Performance (overclocking)

hi...i found your application about increasing HTC touch fantastic. But when i install the cab file i can't find the program. i don't have in my HTC touch the system>settings>performance, so i can;t configure the application. I need your help
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View normb8s's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View normb8s's Photo Album Add normb8s's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In experiencing the same problem. It says installed successfully but can't find in programs.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by normb8s View Post

In experiencing the same problem. It says installed successfully but can't find in programs.
i got it on my touch and mogul under start/settings/system/performance so dont know why you all are having troubles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 PM

View normb8s's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View normb8s's Photo Album Add normb8s's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thx there dash. I kept lookin in Programs for some reason...lol. The real question here is how do we know for sure our devices are overclocked. Mine still says 400mhz on device info in settings.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thx there dash. I kept lookin in Programs for some reason...lol. The real question here is how do we know for sure our devices are overclocked. Mine still says 400mhz on device info in settings.
400mhz is the processor that is with the phone. you will notice a difference in speed right away becomes much more responsice on big tasks like opening the windows folder and all. and you can just reopen the overclocker again and make sure it is still there and if it is you are golden
Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 PM

there has to be a program that reads current clock speed. The reason why i was curious to the speed was in windows mobile 5 on the old t-mobile MDA, when its overclocked it would show the change in speed in settings where its says clock speed. Im sure the same was true with the apache and any other windows mobile 5 devices when its overclocked. Also another note is that in settings/device info/hardware all the info changes when you apply changes such as ram, sd card, os memory and so on.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM

there has to be a program that reads current clock speed. The reason why i was curious to the speed was in windows mobile 5 on the old t-mobile MDA, when its overclocked it would show the change in speed in settings where its says clock speed. Im sure the same was true with the apache and any other windows mobile 5 devices when its overclocked. Also another note is that in settings/device info/hardware all the info changes when you apply changes such as ram, sd card, os memory and so on.
just a different program some do more than just overclock and give you those options some dont and this one happens to not.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue

View Spunks3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Spunks3's Photo Album Add Spunks3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what option is everyone using? - have you encountered any problems with over heating?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:46 PM

“ Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post

what option is everyone using? - have you encountered any problems with over heating?
nope theres only 2 i run at the highest lol 624 and dont have any overheating or problems with it....... runs smooth as could be and wayyyyyy faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ya same here.running at 624 way faster no problems.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:25 AM

View mumrah777's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mumrah777's Photo Album Add mumrah777's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hi there. The program is fantastic allthough i never benn able to try it. i don't have in my touch the settings>system>performance tab. i spent about an hour searching it.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:06 AM

“ Originally Posted by mumrah777 View Post

Hi there. The program is fantastic allthough i never benn able to try it. i don't have in my touch the settings>system>performance tab. i spent about an hour searching it.
I suggest try reinstalling it then.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2008, 01:13 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

I suggest try reinstalling it then.
for sure reinstall it and see if you can find it. i hope that you didnt think this was a stock option lol. there is a download in the first post if that is what you thought.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM

i did reinstall the program but nothing happens...the performance tab doesn't appear. i have a basic knowledge of programming but i can't configure what happened!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM

i did this (reinstalling) many time...nothing happened.(i installed the program to the device memory and the storage card no results)
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

same here, have it set to 640 and my touch doesn't overheat, nor have experienced any problem
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 PM

i did reinstall the program but nothing happens...the performance tab doesn't appear. i have a basic knowledge of programming but i can't configure what happened!
you must be doing summtin wrong because everyone else has it and isnt causing any problems. try to uninstall and than soft reset install than soft reset than go tot start/settings/system/performance.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 PM

the problem is that i ,dont have the start/settings/system/performance tab when i go to unistall the program it appears the program on the remove section of my touch...but thestart/settings/system/performance nowhere
Old 01-19-2008, 04:30 PM

the problem is that i ,dont have the start/settings/system/performance tab when i go to unistall the program it appears the program on the remove section of my touch...but thestart/settings/system/performance nowhere
your the only one with this problem and i have no clue why you are having it really since it works find for everyone else on bot the touch and the mogul
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View xxirish83x's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxirish83x's Photo Album Add xxirish83x's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this makes me want to keep my touch now.... i have the new Q9c and the touch, but i was planning to return the touch due to me being way faster than the phone. now it keeps up and it making me think it over again
Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM

“ Originally Posted by xxirish83x View Post

this makes me want to keep my touch now.... i have the new Q9c and the touch, but i was planning to return the touch due to me being way faster than the phone. now it keeps up and it making me think it over again
lol we here at spj will do that to you lol we always come out with great stuff for the touch to make it run better and get the best asnd coolest functionality.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:22 PM

“ Originally Posted by xxirish83x View Post

happy you like my post.Remember to press the thank you button to add to my rep
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View SellerOne's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View SellerOne's Photo Album Add SellerOne's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

everytime I click on the link to download it opens a new blank page but never pops open a download section. Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 PM

first post updated with rapidshare link use that
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Vougue - El Canadiano (bell)

View fuzzydeer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fuzzydeer's Photo Album Add fuzzydeer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dynamic scalling? does that mean it only over clocks when there is allot of demand on the processor? Will it underclock in idle to save battery power?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 AM

“ Originally Posted by fuzzydeer View Post

dynamic scalling? does that mean it only over clocks when there is allot of demand on the processor? Will it underclock in idle to save battery power?
it auto shuts down when the phone is idle and doing nothing to save the battery power and i havent noticced any difference in battery life with using this forbout the past month or so.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Sprint)

View Galerius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Galerius's Photo Album Add Galerius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just plain awesome. I cannot thank you enough for this. Everything is like glass on the touch now.

Well done, very well done.

:connie_mini_hotairb

Old 02-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Mobile Model: mogul

View GP1890's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GP1890's Photo Album Add GP1890's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Nice
Old 02-16-2008, 02:03 PM

View dluckychance's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dluckychance's Photo Album Add dluckychance's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am having the same problem...no system/preformance tab.. installed many times and it won't show up...my phone is the touch elfin from rogers and locked...
went back to using BatteryStatus.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by dluckychance View Post

I am having the same problem...no system/preformance tab.. installed many times and it won't show up...my phone is the touch elfin from rogers and locked...
went back to using BatteryStatus.
there should be one i dont understand why there isnt one for you unless this only works on the cdma versions of htc phones which would surprise me since the only people having troubles are gsm users.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View schroder08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schroder08's Photo Album Add schroder08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I had gotten confused because it wasn't installed in the 'programs' section. To get it, I went Start>Settings, and then in the Settings is the Performance option. Hope that helps.

James
Old 02-17-2008, 04:58 AM
Mobile Model: Touch

View mmxer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mmxer's Photo Album Add mmxer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Looks intresting..... A question... Has anyone tried running a benchmarking program to test out the overclock? Would be intresting to see the results.

Like the difference between 520mhz/624mhz..... And of course stock. Ill try a test later myself...
Old 02-17-2008, 06:41 AM

“ Originally Posted by mmxer View Post

Looks intresting..... A question... Has anyone tried running a benchmarking program to test out the overclock? Would be intresting to see the results.

Like the difference between 520mhz/624mhz..... And of course stock. Ill try a test later myself...
i havent myself but there is a noticeable difference between eacch step just with the look of the eye. please share the results with us when you do it. Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 AM

View mmxer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mmxer's Photo Album Add mmxer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I found this site http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_ppc.html with a bunch of benchmarking prog.... I run some tests later...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 PM

View ktouch's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ktouch's Photo Album Add ktouch's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hello all, I"m not sure if this is still a problem for anybody but I discovered that if you don't have the "performace" icon under start>settings>system after installing the program....you need to reboot your unit, the icon should then appear. That worked for me anyway.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 PM

View dluckychance's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dluckychance's Photo Album Add dluckychance's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I tried reboot & soft reset still no performace icon in the system tray...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:34 PM

Anyone with a GMS phone any luck?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Best thing yet!! After installing iphone inerface, iphone cube, htc customizer, and touchflo on rom 2.17, my mogul starting lagging when trying to run any apps. THIS SOLVED ALL MY PROBLEMS!! BIG THANKS ON THIS ONE!!

It's a control panel. You launch it, enable 'dynamic CPU frequency scaling' checkbox, and pick the 520mhz max or 624mhz.

Then you forget about it, except your mogul or touch to now runs like it's on steroids.
It is noticeably faster... snappier. Stable, so far, as well.
to enable after install go to settings>system>performance

http://rapidshare.com/files/87407743...mance.cab.html

NOTE: I MYSELF AND SPJ TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE.YOU DO THIS AT YOU OWN RISK.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:55 AM

“ Originally Posted by dluckychance View Post

Anyone with a GMS phone any luck?
as said abnove in the thread there has seemes to be problems with gsm version of the phones and this working so i think that this will only work with the cdma versions made by htc.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hi...i found your application about increasing HTC touch fantastic. But when i install the cab file i can't find the program. i don't have in my HTC touch the system>settings>performance, so i can;t configure the application. I need your help
Make sure whenever you install a new cab file you do a soft reset

Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Mobile Model: PPC-6800

View polarwind's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View polarwind's Photo Album Add polarwind's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok I installed it, performance wasn't there, did a soft reset and it was there, everything is fine at this point.

I have a question though, will this work for the HTC Wing for Tmobile? My friend would like to know, thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by polarwind View Post

Ok I installed it, performance wasn't there, did a soft reset and it was there, everything is fine at this point.

I have a question though, will this work for the HTC Wing for Tmobile? My friend would like to know, thanks in advance.
if read above this works for cdma phones andnot gsm nd the wing is gsm since it has a sim card.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 AM

I found this site http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_ppc.html with a bunch of benchmarking prog.... I run some tests later...
I ran some tests, but most of the programs show little or no improvement. Of course this isnt like PC benchmarking. The programs might be limited to specific chipsets... Ill look more into it.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:07 AM

all i know is i see a visual improvement.Phone is more responsive.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 PM

all i know is i see a visual improvement.Phone is more responsive.
its way faster visually even. i ran a lil test and took it off and tried to open the windows folder. it took just over 5 seconds to open without and just under 2 with it so there is a big differenceand i tried this multiple times so it wasnt a one time fluke.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

its way faster visually even. i ran a lil test and took it off and tried to open the windows folder. it took just over 5 seconds to open without and just under 2 with it so there is a big differenceand i tried this multiple times so it wasnt a one time fluke.
Your useing the windows 6.1 rom correct?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:02 PM

nope i am using 6.0 rev a 3.16
Old 02-25-2008, 05:10 PM

I am on the wm6.1 and still working like a champ...I've been on 6.1 since it first came out back with build 25....Im a rom installing junkie....lol
Old 03-01-2008, 03:13 PM

View sarachoo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sarachoo's Photo Album Add sarachoo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I had to shutdown and restart my phone to get the icon in the system folder.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, performance