Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM
jsgeezie jsgeezie is offline   Thread Starter  
FaNaTiC !
Mobile Model: ToUcH PrO!! ya dig
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jsgeezie's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jsgeezie's Photo Album Add jsgeezie's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
went from a 2 gb micro sd to 8 gb micro sd

What's good spj fam.. I just purchased a 8 gb micro sd card and i wanted to transfer all the data from my 2 gb micro to my 8 gb micro... so i put a copy of all of my information on my desk top in a folder from my 2gb then i used a card reader and placed all the information on my 8gb micro sd... I tried to play a movie on my Touch Pro from off of my 2 gb prior to the transfer and it worked fine now since i placed all the 2gb information on my 8 gb it doesn't play the movie and the 2gb card copied data faster to it than my 8 gb.. it took my 2 gb 4 movies to put a whole movie on it and the same movie took 22 minutes to be placed on my 8 gb.. what can i do for my 8 gb to be faster or whatever... do i have to format it.. and if i do what is the best speed to do that at... Thank You in advance for the help.. and hopefully i posted this in the right area.. and i hope the response I get will help others fix this problem if they have it..

Holla atcha boy ya dig.. thanks a lot!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead
Mobile OS: 6.5

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: went from a 2 gb micro sd to 8 gb micro sd

Well, others should chime in on this, but it could be that your new 8GB card is not SDHC or something compatible to that. SDHC is something to do with download speeds on SD cards. Check them, it'll say "SDHC" on them if they are. So my guess is that your 2GB is and your 8GB is not. But, that's just a possible reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 01:59 AM
FaNaTiC !

View jsgeezie's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jsgeezie's Photo Album Add jsgeezie's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I dont know.. im looking at them now and they both look pretty similar the 2gb says Micro SD... and the 8gb says Micro SD in a fancy way.. like the S goes into the D... is there anyway I can tell what they are?...
Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You know what, I have 3 Micro SD Cards, a 512MB, 1GB, and 4GB. Only my 4GB says SDHC on it. The other two just say SD like yours. So, my theory was prob off bro. But another possibility is that your Card reader is not agreeing very well with your new SD Card, and that could affect the transfer rate. As far as the movie itself playing on the T Pro, I don't know cause I haven't used it for that yet. But I'll try it out with my different SD Cards and see if I come up with something. In the meantime, hopefully someone else will be able to be more helpful
Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Okay, I may not have the right answer, but here goes.

From what I have seen so far, anything that says SDHC won't work in my mogul.

I looked on the web and couldn't find an 8gig card that wasn't HC.

((I tried to put a picture in, but couldn't figure out how to do it.))

I know that you have to format the card to FAT32 for some stuff, maybe that has something to do with it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm a little off today because it SNOWED in Houston. I'll try to upload pics if anyone wants to see.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jsgeezie View Post

What's good spj fam.. I just purchased a 8 gb micro sd card and i wanted to transfer all the data from my 2 gb micro to my 8 gb micro... so i put a copy of all of my information on my desk top in a folder from my 2gb then i used a card reader and placed all the information on my 8gb micro sd... I tried to play a movie on my Touch Pro from off of my 2 gb prior to the transfer and it worked fine now since i placed all the 2gb information on my 8 gb it doesn't play the movie and the 2gb card copied data faster to it than my 8 gb.. it took my 2 gb 4 movies to put a whole movie on it and the same movie took 22 minutes to be placed on my 8 gb.. what can i do for my 8 gb to be faster or whatever... do i have to format it.. and if i do what is the best speed to do that at... Thank You in advance for the help.. and hopefully i posted this in the right area.. and i hope the response I get will help others fix this problem if they have it..

Holla atcha boy ya dig.. thanks a lot!!!

2 questions:

1. Did you format your card yet? If so, what format?
2. Do all the files on your sd 8gb now have the same extension and look the same, or do they all still look the way they were on your 2gb?

If you had encryption enabled on your phone prior to switching them and placed the info on your comp, it converts them to some retarded file type. It happened to me before. It sucked ass.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
FaNaTiC !

“ Originally Posted by ofcsu1 View Post

2 questions:

2. Do all the files on your sd 8gb now have the same extension and look the same, or do they all still look the way they were on your 2gb?

If you had encryption enabled on your phone prior to switching them and placed the info on your comp, it converts them to some retarded file type. It happened to me before. It sucked ass.
I didnt format my 8gb card should I.. and all the files look as they did on my 2gb. i tested them again last night and the 2gb is faster... and my 8gb is sdhc or whatever and i have another one coming today and it's a OEM.. i dont kno what that means but hopefully that one works but i want this one to work too.. what should i format it as.. or what shoudl I do..
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I didnt format my 8gb card should I.. and all the files look as they did on my 2gb. i tested them again last night and the 2gb is faster... and my 8gb is sdhc or whatever and i have another one coming today and it's a OEM.. i dont kno what that means but hopefully that one works but i want this one to work too.. what should i format it as.. or what shoudl I do..
Format to FAT32. Then recopy your files over. It should work then

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
FaNaTiC !

and movies have always played on my tp.. just now im having problems...
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM

and movies have always played on my tp.. just now im having problems...
Just try formating and see if that does anything. I have a 8gb sdhc in my TP and it works fine,

Old 12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
FaNaTiC !

what should i format it as...
I didnt see that other post.. lol.. good lookin out my dude..
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
FaNaTiC !

what should i make the allocation unit size.. it's at 32 kilobytes..
Old 12-11-2008, 12:54 PM

what should i make the allocation unit size.. it's at 32 kilobytes..
thats fine, just leave it

Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Well, others should chime in on this, but it could be that your new 8GB card is not SDHC or something compatible to that. SDHC is something to do with download speeds on SD cards. Check them, it'll say "SDHC" on them if they are. So my guess is that your 2GB is and your 8GB is not. But, that's just a possible reason.
I have never heard of a none SDHC microsd card...actually that might be because they don't exist all microsd cards over 2GB are SDHC my friend...when you want a card that is faster they have the regular sdhc cards we use and then there is a card called ultra sdhc card which is a faster card...

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

You know what, I have 3 Micro SD Cards, a 512MB, 1GB, and 4GB. Only my 4GB says SDHC on it. The other two just say SD like yours. So, my theory was prob off bro. But another possibility is that your Card reader is not agreeing very well with your new SD Card, and that could affect the transfer rate. As far as the movie itself playing on the T Pro, I don't know cause I haven't used it for that yet. But I'll try it out with my different SD Cards and see if I come up with something. In the meantime, hopefully someone else will be able to be more helpful
as long as you have it formatted correctly and the card and card reader are functioning properly than you should be cool...movie transfer times have to do with actual sizes of movies as well...

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Okay, I may not have the right answer, but here goes.

From what I have seen so far, anything that says SDHC won't work in my mogul.

I looked on the web and couldn't find an 8gig card that wasn't HC.

((I tried to put a picture in, but couldn't figure out how to do it.))

I know that you have to format the card to FAT32 for some stuff, maybe that has something to do with it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I'm a little off today because it SNOWED in Houston. I'll try to upload pics if anyone wants to see.

Good luck!

Yes...you won't find non-sdhc micro sd cards in 8gb, because they don't exist....and sdhc cards will work just fine with the mogul phone...even if for some crazy reason a sdhc micro card does not work for your device (and I do mean that your device does not even read the card), than there is an actual .cab file patch that can fix that...but moguls don't need that patch out of the box...some other windows mobile phones do need that patch and it can be found through searching on SPJ under sdhc I'm sure....

2 questions:

good...good...format to fat32 is the right way to go....

exactly....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 PM
FaNaTiC !

I formatted it and it's taking twice as long to put a movie on it now. it takes a a half n hour to put a movie on here now.. the 2 gb takes 4 minutes.. should i re format it... or what should i do.. does the kilobytes matter.. should i change them...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 PM

I formatted it and it's taking twice as long to put a movie on it now. it takes a a half n hour to put a movie on here now.. the 2 gb takes 4 minutes.. should i re format it... or what should i do.. does the kilobytes matter.. should i change them...
Nah man, SD cards are like hard drives. They all have speeds at which they can take and copy memory. Like ICEMAN said, if you want a faster card, you gotta buy one

Old 12-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Mobile Model: ppc 6800
Mobile Carrier: Sprintpcs

View 526hemi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 526hemi's Photo Album Add 526hemi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have a question I got the Sprint ppc 6800 windows 6 and I was wondering what size microsd card can it handle ? Right now i'm using a 4gb but would like to use 16gb card if possible . I don't have it upgraded to 6.1 yet seeing how i'm stuck in bed due to a broken leg . Any help would be grateful thanks . 526hemi was here !
Old 12-11-2008, 01:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by 526hemi View Post

I have a question I got the Sprint ppc 6800 windows 6 and I was wondering what size microsd card can it handle ? Right now i'm using a 4gb but would like to use 16gb card if possible . I don't have it upgraded to 6.1 yet seeing how i'm stuck in bed due to a broken leg . Any help would be grateful thanks . 526hemi was here !
This is for touch pro questions, not mogul. Pleas post in the correct areas so we keep the board clean and easy to navigate for other members. Also, this has been discussed so try using the green search button. There is a tweak you can do to make a mogul recognize a larger SD card

Here bro https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...ght=mogul+sdhc

Just try searching in the future bro

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
FaNaTiC !

so I guess my 2gb is just faster than my 8gb.. and if you still have 6.0 u should upgrade to 6.1 since it's just better to me anyway.. and i dont think it's compatible with a 16gb and i know my homie has a 8gb in it when the phone first came out..
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM

so I guess my 2gb is just faster than my 8gb.. and if you still have 6.0 u should upgrade to 6.1 since it's just better to me anyway.. and i dont think it's compatible with a 16gb and i know my homie has a 8gb in it when the phone first came out..
Yea, the highest I heard of working is 8gb

Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just curious is your ny 8g card not working or is it's perfomance just slower than usual?

I agree w/ my man ofcsu1... u might wanna try formatting to fat 32... and if its still slo afterthat, maybe try partitioning the disk?

i hope you still have that folder of all your files saved on your home pc though, cuz thatll probably be the safest place for all of them until you get this card thing sorted out... just copy the files to disk, dont cut and paste... just my advice...

--------- New Post Merged on 11/12/2008 at 0301 --------

wow, I am sloooow today... I posted a reply just based of reading page one of this thread... and just now noticed your already on page three...
probably already figured this out...lol

damn I need a nap or something...lol
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
FaNaTiC !

thank God i got 2 different 8gb.. my other one just came in the mail and is an OEM or whatever and that one works amazing and is fast... good lookin out on everything fam.. my first 8gb is just slow... it works but is just slow.. that's all..
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM

thank God i got 2 different 8gb.. my other one just came in the mail and is an OEM or whatever and that one works amazing and is fast... good lookin out on everything fam.. my first 8gb is just slow... it works but is just slow.. that's all..
Good stuff. AS always, you know Im here to help where I can

Old 12-11-2008, 02:29 PM
FaNaTiC !

I kno.. ur like a baby DaSh.. lol... good lookin out fam..
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgeezie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM

I kno.. ur like a baby DaSh.. lol... good lookin out fam..
HAHAHAHA, thats the weirdest compliment I've ever received!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

HAHAHAHA, thats the weirdest compliment I've ever received!!!
hahahahaha i take that as a compliment that you took that as a compliment.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
micro