Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM
jturnbull0 jturnbull0 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jturnbull0's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jturnbull0's Photo Album Add jturnbull0's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
keyboard not working on my pro

so all of sudden my keyboard on my pro stoped working?? i guess that it shorted out cause it looks like other people r having that problem too. my ? is when i get a new one what r the chances its gonna do this again? thinking about waiting and picking up the pro 2 insteaed any thoughts ???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jturnbull0 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: keyboard not working on my pro

“ Originally Posted by jturnbull0 View Post

so all of sudden my keyboard on my pro stoped working?? i guess that it shorted out cause it looks like other people r having that problem too. my ? is when i get a new one what r the chances its gonna do this again? thinking about waiting and picking up the pro 2 insteaed any thoughts ???
Probabaly slim to none but u never know also if u get another one try to get a new one not a refurbish one..usually have more promblems with those also try using the on screen keyboard too to cut abuse on other keyboard thats the way ive been doing it lately and no promblems as of yet....good luck...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well bro ur not the only one who has problems with thier keyboard ,i went through the same exact thing i went to sprint.com and did the online service got a brand new tp altough it was a refurb ive had it for almost 3months now with no problems what so ever was gonna complain big time if it broke but lickly it hasnt and if u want a tp2 id go for it bro comming soon i thing the date of release is the 8th good luck .

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View Bagbklyn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bagbklyn's Photo Album Add Bagbklyn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This is a common problem on the touch pro, some people have take out there batteries and pushed down really hard on the space bar button and the back of the phone till you hear a snap because sometimes the cable comes loose. If you are out of warranty you may want to just open it as some have said that when you open it you can see where the cable has come disconnected from the keyboard.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bagbklyn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

take a look at this thread

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-fix-touch-t184579.html?t=184579&highlight=keyboard+repair
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

people really need to search, i copied the title of this thread and pasted it into the search and it came up with:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-fix-touch-t184579.html?t=184579&highlight=keyboard
which is exactly what dash posted above. If you didnt search for what the name of your thread was before you posted you are the worst searcher ever.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I wanted to add one other option. I had my keyboard go out about 1-2 months ago. I tried all the options available, which are physical and they are great ideas. Try them, but if it doesn't work. Hard Reset your phone and it could be something software based. That was my situation. Something changed (registry, software, etc) it to where my keyboard would not light up at all. I played around and dealt with it for a couple of days and then was going to turn it into Sprint and see about getting another. I went to change it back to Sprint ROM and lock it back up, then all of a sudden... it worked just fine. I unlocked, got off the Sprint ROM, and was back up and running like nothing ever happened

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to forty01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I wanted to add one other option. I had my keyboard go out about 1-2 months ago. I tried all the options available, which are physical and they are great ideas. Try them, but if it doesn't work. Hard Reset your phone and it could be something software based. That was my situation. Something changed (registry, software, etc) it to where my keyboard would not light up at all. I played around and dealt with it for a couple of days and then was going to turn it into Sprint and see about getting another. I went to change it back to Sprint ROM and lock it back up, then all of a sudden... it worked just fine. I unlocked, got off the Sprint ROM, and was back up and running like nothing ever happened
thanks forty added your method to the other topics howto

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

people really need to search, i copied the title of this thread and pasted it into the search and it came up with:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-fix-touch-t184579.html?t=184579&highlight=keyboard
which is exactly what dash posted above. If you didnt search for what the name of your thread was before you posted you are the worst searcher ever.

ohhhhhhhhhhh i like it when you get upset and you get them little wrinkles on your forehead
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro 2!!!

View bigp750's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigp750's Photo Album Add bigp750's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey buddy if you have sprint and if you have your phone for under one year you could call up to them and have a hay day with tech guy, eventually he would send you out a referb phone.. but it wont cost you anything, and you would have a phone with a working keyboard :-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigp750 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i've had the same problem with my keyboard. luckily, i have insurance. took it into the store and got and brand new keyboard put in in about a half an hour. then had the same problem with my screen where it wouldn't work at all. again, took it in, and they replaced it within a half an hour. because i have insurance, both were free. hopefully you opted for that coverage

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spidermonkey21 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my keyboard went down yesterday, aaaaaggghhhh! i do have insurance. i was wondering if anyone thought it was worth a shot at calling the insurance directly and trying to talk my way into a tp2? in another thread i read that the warehouse (or something) is not shipping the tpro1 anymore. that's how i got my tpro. i had the vogue, bricked it called insurance directly & they said "your in luck no more touch, now tpro" maybe if i wait til after the 8th? or am i crazy.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My opinion is that they have more TP's still available. If that's the case, then you'll be getting a TP. If anybody knows something different, then please update us, but that is the normal procedure. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to forty01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if thats the case then i'll be sure to have some "problems" with my phone. wouldn't mind having a TP2

The Following User Says Thank You to spidermonkey21 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2009, 03:26 PM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

my keyboard went down yesterday, aaaaaggghhhh! i do have insurance. i was wondering if anyone thought it was worth a shot at calling the insurance directly and trying to talk my way into a tp2? in another thread i read that the warehouse (or something) is not shipping the tpro1 anymore. that's how i got my tpro. i had the vogue, bricked it called insurance directly & they said "your in luck no more touch, now tpro" maybe if i wait til after the 8th? or am i crazy.
your almost guarnteed not going to get a tp2 for it for months after release....... they will have tps available still for replacements.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 AM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oh well, thought i'd take a stab at it. by the way i took the battery out at pressed together and the keyboard worked right again.........yea!!!........for about half a day.........son of a. i guess i'll take it in tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to only1penny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 11:31 AM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

oh well, thought i'd take a stab at it. by the way i took the battery out at pressed together and the keyboard worked right again.........yea!!!........for about half a day.........son of a. i guess i'll take it in tomorrow.
haahahaah damn just not having luck with it huh? well they will get you a new one on there... hopefully it doesnt start to magically work again right when you bring it in.... that happens to a lot of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Supporter

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

your almost guarnteed not going to get a tp2 for it for months after release....... they will have tps available still for replacements.
Exactly what I said lol

Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
jturnbull0 jturnbull0 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc pro

View jturnbull0's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jturnbull0's Photo Album Add jturnbull0's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wanted to say thanks for the help with my pro keyboard not working (dash) got it working hopfully it stays that way sorry for starting a new thread when there was one already about this issue .... my bad .... guess i need to do some searching befor i ask questions thanks again
Old 09-12-2009, 12:23 AM

wanted to say thanks for the help with my pro keyboard not working (dash) got it working hopfully it stays that way sorry for starting a new thread when there was one already about this issue .... my bad .... guess i need to do some searching befor i ask questions thanks again
no troubles and glad that you got it working again and hell we all miss tuff with search sometimes, happens to the best of us.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
keyboard, pro, working