HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
amcreech amcreech is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT/ CRICKET

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View amcreech's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View amcreech's Photo Album Add amcreech's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Conversation Recording

Hey guys, I am in the middle of an ugly custody battle with my ex and looking to possibly record phone conversations between her and I to help my case...I've searched high and low and can't seem to find any concrete evadence that I can do this with my phone. Can anyone help me out. I would like to be able to record a phone call (incoming or outgoing) and be able to play it back (and possibly save to SD card to send to lawyer) Thanks in advance guys!

I have the HTC Touch 6900
The Following User Says Thank You to amcreech For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Conversation Recording

“ Originally Posted by amcreech View Post

Hey guys, I am in the middle of an ugly custody battle with my ex and looking to possibly record phone conversations between her and I to help my case...I've searched high and low and can't seem to find any concrete evadence that I can do this with my phone. Can anyone help me out. I would like to be able to record a phone call (incoming or outgoing) and be able to play it back (and possibly save to SD card to send to lawyer) Thanks in advance guys!

I have the HTC Touch 6900
there is no way to do this for the mere fact of law.... im a law student/criminal justice major and one cannot record another without their permission and have it admissable as evidence in court... so basically even if you were to develop a program for your use it wouldnt be permissable.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

specialy durring a custody battle... i know how hard it must be for u i went throught the same thing for 2yrs in the end i have the kids and she gets them when i need a baby sitter for 3hrs a day just hang on man and i hope u can come to an agreement with her.. nice to see another father fighting for his kid(s) when others would give up and pay the childsupport...
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just posted a huge long thing and it didnt go through. WTF lol but anyways basically

dash is right in a lot of states it is illegal to record without the other party's consent. That being said there are also states that DO allow this. Texas' penal code for instance states:

"Texas Penal Code § 16.02: So long as a wire, oral or electronic communication - including the radio portion of any cordless telephone call - is not recorded for a criminal or tortious purpose, anyone who is a party to the communication, or who has the consent of a party, can lawfully record the communication and disclose its contents. "

therefore saying that as long as both of you are in states that allow the recording and its not being used for EVIL DOINGS you're good. Bear in mind that many states do NOT allow this kind of activity so if she is in another state that doesn't allow it. You CAN and probably WILL be prosecuted by that state for harassment. Check your states penal code and see if they allow it. If they do you can use VITO AudioNotes to record your conversation put it on speaker phone when recording. If you have any trouble deciphering the information in the penal code bring it here and we will help you out, dashy and I are good with that kinda stuff Get back to us on how everything goes.

Good looks,
VenumX

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2008, 10:01 PM

View amcreech's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View amcreech's Photo Album Add amcreech's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

I just posted a huge long thing and it didnt go through. WTF lol but anyways basically

dash is right in a lot of states it is illegal to record without the other party's consent. That being said there are also states that DO allow this. Texas' penal code for instance states:

"Texas Penal Code § 16.02: So long as a wire, oral or electronic communication - including the radio portion of any cordless telephone call - is not recorded for a criminal or tortious purpose, anyone who is a party to the communication, or who has the consent of a party, can lawfully record the communication and disclose its contents. "

therefore saying that as long as both of you are in states that allow the recording and its not being used for EVIL DOINGS you're good. Bear in mind that many states do NOT allow this kind of activity so if she is in another state that doesn't allow it. You CAN and probably WILL be prosecuted by that state for harassment. Check your states penal code and see if they allow it. If they do you can use VITO AudioNotes to record your conversation put it on speaker phone when recording. If you have any trouble deciphering the information in the penal code bring it here and we will help you out, dashy and I are good with that kinda stuff Get back to us on how everything goes.

Good looks,
VenumX
Thanks for all the advice guys...but in fact I DO live in a state which follows the same penal code as Tx..the great commonwealth state of KY. lol. I was actually advised by my lawyer to do this. But it sounds like regardless of the law, this phone does not have the option to record?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by amcreech View Post

Thanks for all the advice guys...but in fact I DO live in a state which follows the same penal code as Tx..the great commonwealth state of KY. lol. I was actually advised by my lawyer to do this. But it sounds like regardless of the law, this phone does not have the option to record?
read the last part of what venum said...... he brought up a good point i just never thought of doing it that way :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2008, 12:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

read the last part of what venum said...... he brought up a good point i just never thought of doing it that way :>
Downloaded and installed the Audio Notes application. Install worked fine and is up and running (with the exception of actual phone call recording) While not connected to a call the application works great...but once a call is connected (either incoming or outgoing) when the application is launched it comes up as normal...but when you hit the "record" button nothing happens. I've been through the settings and really didnt see anything of relevance?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

have no fear kaos is here

ok

you can try this

LivePVR Windows Mobile Pocket PC Phone 2.8
http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/pocket-...phone-2-8.html
located here cost you 10 bucks.....

or you can try RJV Apps keep in mind not all screens work perfect on wm6. some fonts may be messy.but will work...best part its free
http://www.airfagev.com/downloads.as...V%20Apps&NAV=2

hope i have been of some help...remember to keep a cool head in these times. as not only are you recording her but your self as well.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: rogers
Mobile OS: 6.0

View mouss's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mouss's Photo Album Add mouss's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yo that guy is not supposed to ask the question here because he wants an app he is supposed to ask in the app thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 PM

“ Originally Posted by mouss View Post

yo that guy is not supposed to ask the question here because he wants an app he is supposed to ask in the app thread
hes find asking here..... he wants to know how to do it on his touch....
Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: rogers
Mobile OS: 6.0

View mouss's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mouss's Photo Album Add mouss's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

k sorry man I was thinking of it and I realized that he was aloud

Old 10-17-2008, 10:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by mouss View Post

k sorry man I was thinking of it and I realized that he was aloud
why wouldnt he be allowed? its the correct area for his question.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
conversation, recording