Old 08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Better Battery Life

Please feel free to comment with anything else you have done using this specific hack and the first post will be modified to reflect so with credit to you... (must pertain to this specific hack though)

first of all you have to do start with a simple registry edit of the below. (you need a registry editor i myself use resco registry editor)

go to
HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting
Change the option HiddenModeOperationPage from 1 to 0

Then go to Phone/menu/option/service/and check in the list,
"Mode of Operation" should be at the bottom. You have 3 choices, Hybrid, EVDO, and 1X.

you can change back and fourth as you please and no soft reset is needed, this can be a huge battery saver if you use in the way that i do which is described in the last part of this post after the 1X.

HYBRID: What hybrid consists of is using both EVDO Rev A and 1X speeds. This is the normal settings on the device which give you the EVDO speeds as well as the 1X so you can still make and receive calls.

EVDO: This will force you to be in EVDO all the time. this si useful for if you want to tether without being bothered but thats about it. The reason that the phone feature cannot be used while fully on EVDO is becasue you need to go to 1x for a call to be made or received and your not allowing that.

1X: This is for when all your doing is making calls and sending texts for that day with no web browsing. Sure this can be easily changed as discussed above but some would prefer not to do so. This is the feature i keep my phone on when at work since i dont use the net there. have computer access) this saves alot of battery power and is a very noticeable difference. to get the EVDO speeds again all you have to do is change back to hybrid and your good to go.

I wrote his myself and scrapped it together pretty quick so you guys could let me know if this works for you and such... if yu could reply with the rom that you are running that would be great and this so fasr has only been tested on the Touch Pro
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Better Battery Life

Thanks for the post Bro will give this a try and post back for ya !!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I probably won't use it often, but only due to where I am at most of the day (plugged in). I do think it will come in handy occasionally with other probable situations. Especially, if you know you're getting low and are trying to conserve. Good looking out Dash.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forty01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:15 AM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've been using this program called Lumos Wizard and after going through the calibration, i've gotten much better life. Going between 20-30 hours w/o charging depending on ROM. I'm using the newest energy rom and getting 24 hours pretty easily w/o any other battery tweaks.

btw Lumos is a program that adjusts you auto light sensor. Do the calibration in areas that you use your phone the most to be the most effective. Just following the on screen instructions, its really simple.
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trentonmac For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View tjr2010's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tjr2010's Photo Album Add tjr2010's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i followed these directions and it didnt come up. No mode of Operation.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:32 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tjr2010 View Post

i followed these directions and it didnt come up. No mode of Operation.
did you make the registry change than soft reset after you exited and saved the change.... it does work on every rom for a matter of fact.... i suggest you go back through read the steps again and double check everything.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey Dash thnxs for the heads up will be trying it out..dl/thanked.installed done...thnxs

Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by trentonmac View Post

I've been using this program called Lumos Wizard and after going through the calibration, i've gotten much better life. Going between 20-30 hours w/o charging depending on ROM. I'm using the newest energy rom and getting 24 hours pretty easily w/o any other battery tweaks.

btw Lumos is a program that adjusts you auto light sensor. Do the calibration in areas that you use your phone the most to be the most effective. Just following the on screen instructions, its really simple.

i must say that this helps a little after 12 hours of usage it went to 88%, and normally it'll be on at about the 60's range.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Nice look out Dash but I don't think that I will be using it considering I use my phone for EVERYTHING on a daily basis. I would like to save battery life but I would be going back and fourth to much just to change and that is just more work for me. Nice job tho.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

Nice look out Dash but I don't think that I will be using it considering I use my phone for EVERYTHING on a daily basis. I would like to save battery life but I would be going back and fourth to much just to change and that is just more work for me. Nice job tho.
word this is more for the use of when you travel or know that you arent going to be using data like when you are at home by your computer or something... data will still work just 1x speeds which are like dial up speeds to tell the truth...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey, this is the best thing ever! this site is a never ending gold mine! i work in a freezer and my phone is constantly trying to get ev service, which drains battery big time. sometimes if battery gets low i put it on airplane mode but than i miss calls and texts. but now i don't! luv ya dash
Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM

“ Originally Posted by only1penny View Post

hey, this is the best thing ever! this site is a never ending gold mine! i work in a freezer and my phone is constantly trying to get ev service, which drains battery big time. sometimes if battery gets low i put it on airplane mode but than i miss calls and texts. but now i don't! luv ya dash

hahahah no problem and come on you just noticed this? hahahha been up forever and i did the same thing when i was with sprint and with work since my battery would last me 2 hours max being a heavy emailer and texter..... let me know the difference it makes for you if you dont mind.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by trentonmac View Post

This should work on the tp2 right guys ?Thanks .

Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 PM

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

This should work on the tp2 right guys ?Thanks .
are you talking about the hack that this thread is on or lumos?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

are you talking about the hack that this thread is on or lumos?
Lumos bro sorry shouldve stated lumos

Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM

Lumos bro sorry shouldve stated lumos
not sure if it does work or not to tell the truth... most vga apps that i have tried do work on the tp2 without troubles or distortion.... give it a shot and let us know hahaa
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 AM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hahahah no problem and come on you just noticed this? hahahha been up forever and i did the same thing when i was with sprint and with work since my battery would last me 2 hours max being a heavy emailer and texter..... let me know the difference it makes for you if you dont mind.
this made a huge difference for me. i always plug my phone i when i sleep and just wanted to see if i could get to use the phone alittle heavier with out it cutting out before i do. but with this thing i'm at 20% after 16hrs and i'm headed for bed now so that's just perfect. thnx again dash!

--------- New Post Merged on 2/10/2009 at 0748 --------

hey does the toggle cab do the same thing with a toggle button in the programs or is it something different? thnx
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Mobile Model: touch Diamond
Mobile OS: 6.1

View patri's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View patri's Photo Album Add patri's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey bro nice work ,i always have problems with the battery life and i don't like go with te charger everywhere but with this i don't have to, DASH you are GREAT!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM

not sure if it does work or not to tell the truth... most vga apps that i have tried do work on the tp2 without troubles or distortion.... give it a shot and let us know hahaa
Hey dash lumos does work on the tp2 cant wait to start saving some battery

Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 PM

Hey dash lumos does work on the tp2 cant wait to start saving some battery

cool thanks for the updatre but i dont even worry about it since under heavy use it lasts me a day anyways and thats on stock without any tweaks to the battery even.... now im gettting better that i did a few tweaks and dont even need it have signal with verizon makes all the difference in battery life in my opinion.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:20 PM

cool thanks for the updatre but i dont even worry about it since under heavy use it lasts me a day anyways and thats on stock without any tweaks to the battery even.... now im gettting better that i did a few tweaks and dont even need it have signal with verizon makes all the difference in battery life in my opinion.
I hear ya dash this phone has great battery i dont even have to charge it when i come home form work late at nite i know my phone will still have 50% battery when i wake up and will go for another full day the next day haha

Old 10-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile OS: 5.0

View thickness's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thickness's Photo Album Add thickness's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how do i get a registry editor for my phone it the htc touch pro im new to this
Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by thickness View Post

how do i get a registry editor for my phone it the htc touch pro im new to this
by using the site search or googles search, and in the box you type in"Registry Editor"

Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
mzlady26

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OMG something is killing my battery life in my phone and I don't know what it is. I don't have anything running the in the background and I have done a hard rest. What is a girl to do? Any suggestions!?!?!?! I am running the GSS Titanium Rom and it has been excellent up until now. IDK!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 PM

Re Better Battery Life

OMG something is killing my battery life in my phone and I don't know what it is. I don't have anything running the in the background and I have done a hard rest. What is a girl to do? Any suggestions!?!?!?! I am running the GSS Titanium Rom and it has been excellent up until now. IDK!
What was the last app u installed ?

Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
mzlady26

gVo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:06 PM

Re Better Battery Life

Lol what is that sorry

Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 PM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Better Battery Life

what is gvo ?............

Old 10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
mzlady26

the dialer for google voice
Old 10-16-2009, 03:10 PM

Re Better Battery Life

the dialer for google voice
Might be the Google Voice i have never used it ....... Otherwise i would try a reflash see what happens

Old 10-16-2009, 03:13 PM
mzlady26

ok thx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Re Better Battery Life

ok thx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea i would take unistall it and watch ur phone over the next couple of days to see how the battery is holding up , if it continues id take it to sprint for a new battery

Old 10-16-2009, 03:57 PM
mzlady26

Re Re Better Battery Life

Yea i would take unistall it and watch ur phone over the next couple of days to see how the battery is holding up , if it continues id take it to sprint for a new battery
yeah I will do that as soon as I get my replacement phone next week cause things are happening with my phone that are out of the ordinary like me not getting my phone calls. YIKES
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
battery, life