Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: NFSFANs 6 point 5 ROM v7 (Vogue)

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

I did NOT remove the battery, I followed the directions listed on XDA to the T regarding flashing this ROM, all was basically the same except for that part, and at the end it did say to do a hard reset once the phone was booting back up and I did that.............do you think I should reflash it tonite and instead once it's rebooting for the 2nd time.... take the battery out, put it back in, and hard reset it?
yup out than in than hard reset and you should be golden..... dont even think that you will have to reflash if you dont want to.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yup out than in than hard reset and you should be golden..... dont even think that you will have to reflash if you dont want to.
OH so your saying just take the battery out, put back in, then hard reset it? WITHOUT reflashing all over.......??? huh? I will try that tonite!!! will let you know.............

The Following User Says Thank You to angiekay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 12:58 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OH so your saying just take the battery out, put back in, then hard reset it? WITHOUT reflashing all over.......??? huh? I will try that tonite!!! will let you know.............
yuppers and keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for you otherwise i may have one more idea up my sleeve for you to try that you may like.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yuppers and keeping my fingers crossed that it will work for you otherwise i may have one more idea up my sleeve for you to try that you may like.
Alrighty then..........we are still talking about the "phone" right Dashy? LMAO!!!
J/K...........will let you know how it goes tonite............

The Following User Says Thank You to angiekay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 PM

Alrighty then..........we are still talking about the "phone" right Dashy? LMAO!!!
J/K...........will let you know how it goes tonite............
hahahahahaha we are talking about whatever you want to talk about thanks and once again good luck
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View bonezsz90's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bonezsz90's Photo Album Add bonezsz90's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

angiekay, hope i spelled it correctly. i am ahveing the same problems as you, amd i know i flshed it correctly, i've had the rom before the v7 release and it worked like a charm, but since i flashed the new 1 my phone went to hell. im getting ready to throw it out the window with the freezeing and it even hard reset itself. i've tried hard reseting and reinstalling it several times but it continues to mess up. Can someone please help us come up with a solution for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonezsz90 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint touch DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View omarnova's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View omarnova's Photo Album Add omarnova's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dont tell me this lol i am minutes from flashin... i mean im goin 2 flash anyway 2 see if i get the same results, hopefully not since its my 1st custom rom, it might haunt me forever lol
Old 04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch

View bonezsz90's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bonezsz90's Photo Album Add bonezsz90's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea, i would suggest you not to for now. till we see the problem.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM

View omarnova's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View omarnova's Photo Album Add omarnova's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bonezsz90 View Post

yea, i would suggest you not to for now. till we see the problem.
i guess i can use the experiance, i was in the middle of doin it, wen i saw the post...i already started the unlock process, ill report wa happens
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
raybond25 raybond25 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by omarnova View Post

i guess i can use the experiance, i was in the middle of doin it, wen i saw the post...i already started the unlock process, ill report wa happens
don't worry 'bout it

i've been running this since it came out, the only thing i've had problems with is with smartlock, but you just uncheck all the boxes for it and it won't do anything
The Following User Says Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Vogue , Mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View 1LOMOFO's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1LOMOFO's Photo Album Add 1LOMOFO's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bonezsz90 View Post

angiekay, hope i spelled it correctly. i am ahveing the same problems as you, amd i know i flshed it correctly, i've had the rom before the v7 release and it worked like a charm, but since i flashed the new 1 my phone went to hell. im getting ready to throw it out the window with the freezeing and it even hard reset itself. i've tried hard reseting and reinstalling it several times but it continues to mess up. Can someone please help us come up with a solution for this.
try flashing a stock rom and then back to this version, then take the battery out and hard reset. worked for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1LOMOFO For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 1LOMOFO View Post

try flashing a stock rom and then back to this version, then take the battery out and hard reset. worked for me.
that was explained earlier in this thread, so this issue was mentioned

read guys cmon....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM

u guys r scarin me, im in the middle of flashin, and gotta have my phone workin by 12 or so , so that i can call my "weed man" ha lol
Old 04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

quoting thermus on the issue and the solution provided from the original thread

“ Quote ”

IF YOUR HAVING SOFT/HARD RESET PROBLEMS PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!
I also had the soft/hard reset problem. I installed this on monday and had about 3-5 times that day. This is what I did,
Flash the stock rom let the customizations run then flash back to NFSFAN 6.5 v7 let customizations run do a hard reset after the the phone restarts from the customizations running, change your settings and began installing programs.
here is my list...........
bengalih SASHIMI autoinstaller raw 7.9 (auto installs more than one .cab file at a time)
icontactbe6.4.5
inigmareader
m2dc v0.28.233
mikehalliday bullsh*t button (i love this app lol)
NFSFAN sprint gps registry fix
NFSFAN opera build 15529 v9
pocket text editor
quickmenu v2.8 (works great with the 6.5 menu)
s2u2 1.60
s2u2 customizer
showaco titanium weather
sprint picturemail site hack
taskfacade
winpm (picturemail)

and I have not had any issues as of right now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM

OK guys its not a rumor lol, this thang did like 5hardsets on its own just now lol, i can laugh now, now that i kno how easy it is 2 flash ... but im about 2 go back 2 offical and follow the steps above, WM6.5 looks sexy cant wait till i stableize this biiiiaatttchhh lol

--------- New Post Merged on 23/4/2009 at 1129 --------

whao, i went back to offical rom, now i cant go back 2 wm6.5, it keeps disconnectin me from activesync durin the process

--------- New Post Merged on 23/4/2009 at 1143 --------

can some1 help me quick, i really gotta run and need my contacts lol for the past hr i been tryin 2 re flash, i went back 2 offical rom, now wen i try 2 flash wm6.5 it just disconnects me from active sync..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omarnova For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Mobile Model: XV6900
Mobile OS: 6.1

View slowLX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slowLX's Photo Album Add slowLX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

When I start the ROM installer it will go to the progress screen and show 0% on both the phone and computer. Then it fails and shows me an error. The phone boots back into 6.1 like nothings changed...luckily I guess. But I've tried several times now and the same thing every time. I've also been through the error wizard or w/e too and that didn't help. Any ideas about what's going wrong? Thanks in advance!
-Travis

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 0152 --------

“ Originally Posted by slowLX View Post

When I start the ROM installer it will go to the progress screen and show 0% on both the phone and computer. Then it fails and shows me an error. The phone boots back into 6.1 like nothings changed...luckily I guess. But I've tried several times now and the same thing every time. I've also been through the error wizard or w/e too and that didn't help. Any ideas about what's going wrong? Thanks in advance!
-Travis
I just realized me and the post above mine are having the same problem.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 AM

-Travis

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 0152 --------

I just realized me and the post above mine are having the same problem.
you didnt answer the question i asked.... did you unlock your phone first before flashing..
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 AM

you didnt answer the question i asked.... did you unlock your phone first before flashing..
wassup, i have da same prob, i ran the unlocker but i wasnt sure if it was unlocked or not, then i ran the new rom..now went i try 2 flash it disconnects
Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 AM

wassup, i have da same prob, i ran the unlocker but i wasnt sure if it was unlocked or not, then i ran the new rom..now went i try 2 flash it disconnects
itds supposed to disconnect when it enters bootloader and just after the percent bar comes up on your pc....... your still connected it just wont show it on your ppc.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM

itds supposed to disconnect when it enters bootloader and just after the percent bar comes up on your pc....... your still connected it just wont show it on your ppc.
well everythin was fine it ran through, i was able 2 install the wm6.5 rom b4 but then i had the restart/hardreset problem, so then i went back 2 the offical rom and thats wen it started, i cant flash back
Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So you ran the 6.5 before. Which means you should know that you ALWAYS flash from the bootloader screen. If you flashed to stock sprint rom then you can flash back to NFSFAN custom rom. Your doing something wrong some where

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 AM

“ Originally Posted by thermus View Post

So you ran the 6.5 before. Which means you should know that you ALWAYS flash from the bootloader screen. If you flashed to stock sprint rom then you can flash back to NFSFAN custom rom. Your doing something wrong some where
yea for some reason i cant get back dat rom, it disconnects everytime from activesync while its in process im not sure why,
The Following User Says Thank You to omarnova For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea for some reason i cant get back dat rom, it disconnects everytime from activesync while its in process im not sure why,
Does that mean your not flashing from boot loader screen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 AM

Does that mean your not flashing from boot loader screen?
dont kno, 1st time unlockin and 1st custom rom
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

dont kno, 1st time unlockin and 1st custom rom
are you flashing form the screen that has three colors??? If not Hold the camera and power button and soft reset (stylus in small hole) and it will enter a boot loader screen. (three colored screen) should say in the bottom USB. Thus meaning your connected. Start flash install. Let customizations run. Install carrier cab and Your done.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 AM

View slowLX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slowLX's Photo Album Add slowLX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok I realized I was an idiot and hadn't unlocked the phone. So now I'm trying to unlock the phone by running "Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe". After it gets into the DOS screen I get an error saying the software isn't compatible with my 64-bit windows. Any ideas? Thanks again!
-Travis
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowLX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

i know this first post here is now real long, but READ IT ALL before posting/pm'ing anyone. trust me, you will get through it all...every last word.
(dont get all scared either, this cant ruin your phone. if you are stuck at the htc boot screen, your device is not bricked. if you are stuck at a rainbow/tricolor screen, your phone is not bricked. have faith and patience! )
Stock Rom To Custom Rom
1. download the custom rom of your choice.
2. connect to activesync and run the unlocker found here: https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...touch+unlocker
3. once done with unlocking the bootloader drop the nbh file (get when download rom) into the RUU Folder found here: https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...ghlight=RUU%2A
4. run the romupdateutility.exe and follow the wizards instructions on your pc

this method is for a pc running Microsoft Windows XP. if this is not your situation, still continue reading as there are methods for virtually every case.

ive been told that imcokeman's vogue unlocker will not work from a partitioned drive, though im not sure if thats the case.

if you know what flashing/the benefits of flashing are, skip this paragraph; if not, read on. flashing could be likened to installing a different Operating System on your PC. keep in mind, however, that when flashing roms to phones/pdas, the roms ARE DEVICE SPECIFIC. if you find an awesome rom for the titan and LOVE it, but you yourself have a kaiser, forget it. only roms made specifically for your device (and no, even if you have a cdma device, and they make a gsm version of your device, it still will not work) will work for your device. the benefits/advantages of flashing a custom rom onto your device are speed enhancements, addition/removal of programs/settings/reg settings you want or dont want.
now for how to..

for some slight insight on using a Mac, have a look down to the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM" after reading everything else, and/or go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332533&highlight=macos

for how to on Vista, look down to the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM" after reading everything else, and/or simply remove any sd cards you might have and follow below directions as normal, and/or go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=292631

linux users: still read everything here, but have a look down at the bottom where it says "HERE IS THE BOTTOM"

for those who don't know this, flashing your phone also performs the same functions a hard reset would. all your previous apps, contacts, registry tweaks, etc will be gone. also, when you flash someone elses custom rom onto your device, keep in mind that they may have cooked in their own apps and registry tweaks.

ok, go ahead and go to this http://rapidshare.com/files/88767429/RUU.zip.html rapidshare link, and download the ruu.zip there. (if this does not work, navigate to \vogue\users on the ftp, and you should find "RUU.zip" there. if not, go to the folder there titled "jim256-jim2561" and you should find "RUU.zip" there.)

if for some reason you are unable to download the ruu from the above link/location, try my ftp dir here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/jim256%20-%20jim2561

download whatever rom image you want

if the rom you download is in nbh format (something.nbh), read on and skip step 7.
if the rom you dowloaded is an exe (something.exe), read on and skip steps 5 and 8 (or use winrar or a similar program to extract the .nbh from the .exe)

then, get imcokeman 's 0.4.0 vogue unlocker tool here

for those who arent sure, you never have to have ActiveSync synchronized for this to work. you just have to have it connected, with ActiveSync recognizing that the device is there and plugged in.

1. backup all contacts/data/etc..
2. ensure your device is connected to your pc via activesync.
3. run imcokeman 's vogue unlocker and follow ALL instructions in the command prompt exactly .
4. once you have booted back up into wm and are connected to activesync again (dont worry about setting up your device again because you're just going to flash it again and erase all that in a second anyway) extract the ruu.zip to somewhere convenient.
5. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF THE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AND NBH) stick the rom you downloaded (should be something.nbh -- if the file extension is NOT NBH, stop; this will get you nowhere. as i stated above, roms are device specific, you cannot install another devices rom to your vogue.) into the RUU folder from the rapidshare/ftp link.
6a. (power-camera reset) press and hold both the camera button and the power button (top), and poke the stylus into the reset hole. you should then be presented with the tricolor screen and near the top you should see something like coke 0.4.0 ( if you do not see the coke 0.4.0, then dont bother trying to flash your device. if it does not say coke 0.4.0, the device is not unlocked, and you need to start at step 3 again).
7. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF YHE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AN EXECUTABLE). run the exe!
8. (FOLLOW THIS STEP ONLY IF THE ROM YOU DOWNLOADED IS AN NBH) run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the ruu folder you downloaded and extracted.
9. follow the steps, be patient, be careful, and whala!
10. thank imcokeman and whoever you downloaded your rom image from.

good luck.

also, for all those that keep asking about this and are worried about this, yes, the version discrepancy is completely normal in the ruu before updating. it just means v1 of the cookers rom, so even if it is a version lower than 1.12.651.1, that is ok.
whenever you flash a custom rom, it says whatever they want it so say in the ruu, so even if it doesnt say 1.12.651.1, that doesnt mean that it is downgraded, it is just the version of the custom rom builders rom.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM
ok, for those vista/mac/linux users, there is another method of flashing., courtesy of pnyce777 in post #42 and on. this method is via the sd card. it is not required that you do step one if your card is already fat32. i will update this post as we gain more knowledge

1. Format your MicroSD card to FAT32 (YES - FAT 32 32 32!! not just plain old FAT) (again, this is not required if your card is already fat32; it is ok to have other data on the card). I have read that the card needs to be 2gb or smaller, though I'm not sure how much truth, if any, there is to that...
2. Extract the .NBH you desire to flash from the exe or zip or w/e put it on the microsd card rename it from RUU_signed.nbh to VOGUIMG.NBH
3.Put the MicroSD card in your phone and Get To the BOOTLOADER screen (camer+power+reset) it should then start updating with the .NBH on the SD card and the procedure should begin automatically.

you can also use this procedure to unlock your phone by flashing the .nbh from Cokemans unlocker just extract it and rename it VOGUIMG.NBH or if your stuck at that HTC screen and cant sync because your phone wont boot up.

i will try to provide support on this as i can, but as i have never used this method myself, pnyce777 is probably a far better resource if he is available and willing.

sorry this is now so long, wasnt supposed to be in the first place. but if you're not already used to a lot of reading, this is a good first step, because you will need to be doing a LOT of reading.

GPS/REV A STUFF:
Quick How-To for gps/rev a flash/upgrade
IMPORTANT!!! ONLY SPRINT users follow below steps 5 and 8-11!! Altell users can follow all the steps except step 5 as long as they use a different ppst.exe, not the one mentioned below.

ok well i just made up this list a while ago to help someone out, and have ended up giving it to quite a few ppl now, so i figured i might as well post it here under an appropriate title for all to easily see and access.

i know dharvey wrote a great tutorial, and that there are prob others, but..what the heck. plus this is pretty quick and easy, though i cant say that it is as full and thought out and great as dharvey4651's (thx man!)...

"#1- Backup all pim info and anything else you might want (yes flashing will erase/wipe out E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!)
#2- Ensure you are currently running your carriers original official oem rom (os and radio) (if you have never flashed it at all then dont worry youre good to go).
#3- Unlock using imcokemans 2.31 unlocker (this for gps roms)
#4- run the sprint leaked rom.exe (here, close to the bottom where it says "original rom")
#5- SPRINT ONLY: allow all customizations to complete and run (i know - it takes a lil while)
#6- flash to desired rom.
#7- after she's all booted up, hard-reset.
#8- download and run cab from here (altell users run your own ppst stuff, non-sprint and non-altell users SKIP TO STEP 12): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=139
#9- allow soft-rest.
#10- navigate to \windows folder and run ppst.exe
#11- allow soft reset.
#12- allow boot-up, customize, restore pim info etc...

Old 04-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

Ok I realized I was an idiot and hadn't unlocked the phone. So now I'm trying to unlock the phone by running "Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe". After it gets into the DOS screen I get an error saying the software isn't compatible with my 64-bit windows. Any ideas? Thanks again!
-Travis
Not sure as I am not running 64 bit but Go here

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=153750&highlight=FLASHING+ROMS
and read EVERYTHING STEP FOR STEP and maybe it will help Oh only the TOUCH section though

OFF TO BE NOW!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:00 AM

Yeah I've been following those directions. Those directions bring up another question I had....assuming I can make the unlocker and such work an a 32-bit computer....those directions want me to install a Sprint ROM in step 4:

#4- run the sprint leaked rom.exe (here, close to the bottom where it says "original rom")

Am I supposed to run this on my Verizon phone? The directions specifically say to avoid steps 5, 8-11.....so that means I should follow step 4 and install the Sprint ROM?

Last newb questions: Does my radio change in any of this? Does it matter that I have already upgraded to Rev A. and I think GPS with the Verizon Windows 6.1 update? Or do I have to kind of replace them to work with the new Custom ROM? Will I have to involve Verizon in any of this...like calling to reactivate the phone?

Thanks again!
-Travis
The Following User Says Thank You to slowLX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM

-Travis
you need to read further and do via card or get a 32 bit os..... i use 64 bit vista ultimate and ran into the same problem.

Not sure as I am not running 64 bit but Go here

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=153750&highlight=FLASHING+ROMS
and read EVERYTHING STEP FOR STEP and maybe it will help Oh only the TOUCH section though

OFF TO BE NOW!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
thanks for the help.

Yeah I've been following those directions. Those directions bring up another question I had....assuming I can make the unlocker and such work an a 32-bit computer....those directions want me to install a Sprint ROM in step 4:

Am I supposed to run this on my Verizon phone? The directions specifically say to avoid steps 5, 8-11.....so that means I should follow step 4 and install the Sprint ROM?

Last newb questions: Does my radio change in any of this? Does it matter that I have already upgraded to Rev A. and I think GPS with the Verizon Windows 6.1 update? Or do I have to kind of replace them to work with the new Custom ROM? Will I have to involve Verizon in any of this...like calling to reactivate the phone?

Thanks again!
-Travis
no you dont need to do the sprint...... thats was for the radio but as long as you are running 6.1 onyour device like the progfile says than you have the right verison...... your radio wont change with custom roms sicne it isnt built in but in stock roms it is so thats why it was telling you to do so, but since you upgradsed already all you have to do is unlock and flash to the rom of your choice for your vogue. and being a verizon customer each time you hard reset or flash you have to give them a call at the number given on th emessage before your phone is active again.... my bussy has to do this and it literally takes 2 minutes max on the phone with them..... just tell them that you had to do a hard reset...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM

I think I have followed directions. I formatted my SD card to fat32. Then took the file named "Voguimg2.nbh" from the 2.31 imcokeman's unlocker.....and renamed it to "VOGUIMG.nbh". I then put the card in my phone. I held power-camera-reset and get to the 4 color screen. It starts I guess and gets to a "loading....." screen and never moves. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong now? Can I run the unlocker from the .exe file...from the card?

Edit: oh yeah I rebooted the phone and it came back to windows and everything still works.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM

I think I have followed directions. I formatted my SD card to fat32. Then took the file named "Voguimg2.nbh" from the 2.31 imcokeman's unlocker.....and renamed it to "VOGUIMG.nbh". I then put the card in my phone. I held power-camera-reset and get to the 4 color screen. It starts I guess and gets to a "loading....." screen and never moves. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong now? Can I run the unlocker from the .exe file...from the card?

Edit: oh yeah I rebooted the phone and it came back to windows and everything still works.
than the card wasnt properly formatted.... and that is the only file on the card correct? i would go for the regular fat32 format again but dont do quick format..... let it do its thing and than drag the nbh only to your storage card and try again.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:50 PM

Ok so now I'm using a 32-bit computer.....I ran the unlocker and that worked. So now I'm running the new ROM and it seemed to start ok. Right now the screen looks like this:

VOGUIMG.nbh - OK
BOOTLOADER - OK

Update Complete
Update Success

Then the RUU on the computer gave me error 260 -connection error. Then I had to exit the RUU.

Now what should I do? Once again thanks a million!
-Travis
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Ok so now I'm using a 32-bit computer.....I ran the unlocker and that worked. So now I'm running the new ROM and it seemed to start ok. Right now the screen looks like this:

VOGUIMG.nbh - OK
BOOTLOADER - OK

Update Complete
Update Success

Then the RUU on the computer gave me error 260 -connection error. Then I had to exit the RUU.

Now what should I do? Once again thanks a million!
-Travis
just soft reset and see if you are running 6.5 i would recommend that you reflash to be safe than take the battery out for 1 minute and hard reset the device so all settings can stick beofre you isntall anything.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

slowLX, when you're in the bootloader does it say "SPL - 2.31 coke"?

if it doesn't and soft resetting doesn't make your phone boot to wm 6.1 or 6.5 and flashing gives you a USB error then you're out of luck. this happened to my first touch when i didn't follow the last step in the unlocker when it says to press any key to boot to windows mobile. so it wasn't unlocked and you can't flash. also at that point activesync no longer recognizes the phone so you can't repeat the unlocking process...so there's actually nothing you can do at that point
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by raybond25 View Post

slowLX, when you're in the bootloader does it say "SPL - 2.31 coke"?

if it doesn't and soft resetting doesn't make your phone boot to wm 6.1 or 6.5 and flashing gives you a USB error then you're out of luck. this happened to my first touch when i didn't follow the last step in the unlocker when it says to press any key to boot to windows mobile. so it wasn't unlocked and you can't flash. also at that point activesync no longer recognizes the phone so you can't repeat the unlocking process...so there's actually nothing you can do at that point
so if u messed up once ur done for good? where was that on the fine print
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM

so if u messed up once ur done for good? where was that on the fine print
it sdays that in every release... we are not responsible if you brick or wrecjk your device......
Old 04-24-2009, 03:24 PM

it sdays that in every release... we are not responsible if you brick or wrecjk your device......
no prob my device is fine, im just kinda upset that it seems i can no longer have wm6.5, dat was da only reason i hard resetted
Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM

It booted up into Windows 6.1 and everything was still working. I put the .nbh file on my sd card again and ran it. This time it took the expected amount of time. Before it finished too fast. So now it ended up at the same screen. So I did a soft reset and it boots up with the classic Verizon logo then the HTC logo(which it never did before) On the first startup screen it says I'm running "D: 3NFS". So anyway it's not getting past the HTC logo on startup. It just sits there. I re-ran the ROM and got the same problem again...just sitting on the HTC logo.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. While typing and posting this it came up into windows 6.5!!!!!! WOOOT!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowLX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM

are you flashing form the screen that has three colors??? If not Hold the camera and power button and soft reset (stylus in small hole) and it will enter a boot loader screen. (three colored screen) should say in the bottom USB. Thus meaning your connected. Start flash install. Let customizations run. Install carrier cab and Your done.
i followed these steps, got the rainbow screen which does say usb at the bottom! but when i hit update on the computer screen to get the new wm6.5 rom i get update error 262 and nothin happens
Old 04-24-2009, 03:43 PM

i followed these steps, got the rainbow screen which does say usb at the bottom! but when i hit update on the computer screen to get the new wm6.5 rom i get update error 262 and nothin happens
uis the 262 a connection error or what?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:46 PM

uis the 262 a connection error or what?
yeah it is, then it tells me to take out battery for 3 sec, this happens over and over everytime i try this..all this began when i unlocked, flashed 2 wm6.5, then i had the reset problem, went back to offical rom, now im suck here with the offical rom

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 0509 --------

so there is a chance i can no longer flash 2 the new rom? righ now i have the offical back on it, it runs fine but i got a sneak peak of 6.5 las night and i loved it but it was hard resetting it self so i had 2 go back, tryin 2 get dat wm6.5. back lol

--------- New Post Merged on 24/4/2009 at 0609 --------

Holy shyt i got it workin wm6.5 baby its been like an hr and no freeze, super fast lol hope it stays this way, not sure how i did it but i keep tryin 2 flash it even with the disconnects and it worked, and so far so good, so the problem may b us and not the rom only time will tell
Old 04-24-2009, 06:14 PM

Re: NFSFANs 6point5 Vogue rom

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
and delete everything there. After that is done, open Advanced
Config, press Menu, and press "Import provisioning XML".
Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
should work.

Delete what about the connections where? Is this the reason I can't connect to my email? I am also not seeing the EV logo. I didn't have to call Verizon to make the phone or txt messages work....also I can surf the internet....but I think I'm not using EV. What I need to do to fix this? Thanks again!
-Travis

Edit: I should mention I installed the MMS cab, but I'm unclear about what exactly to do...."go into connections and delete everything there" sounds dangerous. But I understand the second part.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slowLX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 06:23 PM

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

* Install the cab provided in the link below, then after install go into the Connections,
Search for mxipupdate_oemoperators_102.provxml, and import it. Soft-reset, and MMS
should work.

Delete what about the connections where? Is this the reason I can't connect to my email? I am also not seeing the EV logo. I didn't have to call Verizon to make the phone or txt messages work....also I can surf the internet....but I think I'm not using EV. What I need to do to fix this? Thanks again!
-Travis

Edit: I should mention I installed the MMS cab, but I'm unclear about what exactly to do...."go into connections and delete everything there" sounds dangerous. But I understand the second part.
thanks and will add to the first post right now.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Whao, that was a question. I copy/pasted something out of post #1. I wasn't adding anything. Sorry for the confusion.

HOTFIXES:

Verizon MMS:

should work.

Delete what about the connections where? Is this the reason I can't connect to my email? I am also not seeing the EV logo. I didn't have to call Verizon to make the phone or txt messages work....also I can surf the internet....but I think I'm not using EV. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks again!
-Travis

Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 PM

Dammit i knew it was 2 good 2 be tru lol, the phone started soft resetting itself, man i was so souped lol, is there a tru fix for this? i tried the fix here it didnt quite work, maybe i did it wrong?? the phone only gets stable when its connected 2 activesync
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 PM

Dammit i knew it was 2 good 2 be tru lol, the phone started soft resetting itself, man i was so souped lol, is there a tru fix for this? i tried the fix here it didnt quite work, maybe i did it wrong?? the phone only gets stable when its connected 2 activesync
did you flash back to your carriers stock then back to this? that should work, has for a bunch of people
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 AM

did you flash back to your carriers stock then back to this? that should work, has for a bunch of people
yeah i did, i must be doin something wrong tho not sure what, has of now im back to offical rom trying to go back 2 wm6.5
Old 04-25-2009, 11:43 AM

yeah i did, i must be doin something wrong tho not sure what, has of now im back to offical rom trying to go back 2 wm6.5
when you do power + camera + reset it does still say you're unlocked right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2009, 11:49 AM

when you do power + camera + reset it does still say you're unlocked right?
good question lol, im a rookie at this so i have no idea what its suppose to say if im locked or unlocked, whats is suppose 2 read?
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
12th, 9th, build, july, jun, nfsfans, oct, rom, sept, updated, v12, v13, v16, vogue, wm65