Old 07-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Kiit408 Kiit408 is offline   Thread Starter  
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Need Help Computer Geniuses

so my brother had baught a computer off the street for dumb cheap price... and well it had been working perfectly for 5 months untill last night... i turned it off last night then i turned it on when i got home... then the computer wouldn't get passed the....

Safe mode....
safe mode with command prompt

Start windows normally...
etc...

it will hit the windows xp loading bar... then when ready to go forward.. the computer shuts itself off and does it over and over again.... any answers to y this may have happened?... and if anyone knows how to fix it.. please help.... Thanks Spj
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Need Help Computer Geniuses

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

so my brother had baught a computer off the street for dumb cheap price... and well it had been working perfectly for 5 months untill last night... i turned it off last night then i turned it on when i got home... then the computer wouldn't get passed the....

Safe mode....

etc...

it will hit the windows xp loading bar... then when ready to go forward.. the computer shuts itself off and does it over and over again.... any answers to y this may have happened?... and if anyone knows how to fix it.. please help.... Thanks Spj
sounds like some files got corrupt due to trojan, spyware, virus, etc..... just take the xp disc or any xp disc and click on repair and see wat that does... if that doesnt work try to flash a new copy of windows on there after formatting the hard drive.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Safe mode....

etc...

Doesn't sound like a fix for that , had 2 hard drives go out on my current laptop. Both times my laptop was doing almost the same thing. But then you are on XP so might be different. Sound like a bad hard drive tho.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Doesn't sound like a fix for that , had 2 hard drives go out on my current laptop. Both times my laptop was doing almost the same thing. But then you are on XP so might be different. Sound like a bad hard drive tho.
very well could be...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 PM
My Phone Is Black

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if i buy hard drive at store.. do i just plug and play?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View krisarceo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View krisarceo's Photo Album Add krisarceo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if i buy hard drive at store.. do i just plug and play?
here's just my own opinion coz it happend to my pc back then dont know if its the same issue but like what dash said, tried going to the "edit bios page"tried setting it to boot in cd then put in a windows xp cd and followed instructions and "picked fix windows xp" if that doest work then it could probly a hd issue. try installing a new one,it looks complicated but its actually pretty simple, i learned building a pc by watching some youtube videos. try typing "installing hard drive" on youtube and youll see it. at first it might look complicated but if u just listen and follow step by step you'll get past it and youll learn also.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to krisarceo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 02:59 AM
My Phone Is Black

“ Originally Posted by krisarceo View Post

here's just my own opinion coz it happend to my pc back then dont know if its the same issue but like what dash said, tried going to the "edit bios page"tried setting it to boot in cd then put in a windows xp cd and followed instructions and "picked fix windows xp" if that doest work then it could probly a hd issue. try installing a new one,it looks complicated but its actually pretty simple, i learned building a pc by watching some youtube videos. try typing "installing hard drive" on youtube and youll see it. at first it might look complicated but if u just listen and follow step by step you'll get past it and youll learn also.

went into search and put in windows xp but nothing came up... any idea where i can get it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 AM

View krisarceo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View krisarceo's Photo Album Add krisarceo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

went into search and put in windows xp but nothing came up... any idea where i can get it?
actually dont know if we have it here, but if find any pls post here coz i need one also!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krisarceo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 AM
My Phone Is Black

will try to get ahold of a cracked one by the end of the week hopefully i get it.... will post link here and on threads...
Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

will try to get ahold of a cracked one by the end of the week hopefully i get it.... will post link here and on threads...
hi download one of the custom xp like vortex and reinstall or if need xp pro stock its here to if not i posted it up you got a bug think its best to wipe your hd use darek boot to nuke is great app do that but you will lose evrething on your pc oke

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 11:35 AM

“ Originally Posted by CYBER WEESJE View Post

hi download one of the custom xp like vortex and reinstall or if need xp pro stock its here to if not i posted it up you got a bug think its best to wipe your hd use darek boot to nuke is great app do that but you will lose evrething on your pc oke

GRTZ CYBER WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ
was about to say the same since i know we have many versions of xp here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 11:47 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

whoa whoa whoa lets all calm down before formatting!!!! what was teh last thing you installed?
sounds to me like you have a corrupt msvcrt.dll file in ur windows directory...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 PM
My Phone Is Black

idk i gotta ask him cause my nephews come over and everytime they do there is always something wrong with both our computers.. they switch because they get kicked off one... argh...

lets say it was something that has a corrupt file how would i get into windows to delete the program or file.. cause i' can't get passed the loading bar????...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 PM

idk i gotta ask him cause my nephews come over and everytime they do there is always something wrong with both our computers.. they switch because they get kicked off one... argh...

lets say it was something that has a corrupt file how would i get into windows to delete the program or file.. cause i' can't get passed the loading bar????...
like i told you in the second post, you will get an xp disc and run the repair option.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:39 PM
My Phone Is Black

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

like i told you in the second post, you will get an xp disc and run the repair option.
i knew that was checking if you knew that.... lol.... thnks again guys i'll see wat i can do.. will report back if anything lol....
Old 07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the other option would be to get or create a bootcd, they have tons of them now... extact the file out of the file i am attaching below (called msvcrt.dll) onto a usb drive or slipstream it into a bootcd then once you boot into the boot cd it will let you access your C:/ just go to C:/WINDOWS/System32 and paste that dll file there, it will ask you to replace the existing file, just say yes and then reboot without the boot cd and you should be fine, hopefully..
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:44 PM
My Phone Is Black

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

the other option would be to get or create a bootcd, they have tons of them now... extact the file out of the file i am attaching below (called msvcrt.dll) onto a usb drive or slipstream it into a bootcd then once you boot into the boot cd it will let you access your C:/ just go to C:/WINDOWS/System32 and paste that dll file there, it will ask you to replace the existing file, just say yes and then reboot without the boot cd and you should be fine, hopefully..

will it restore everything to manufacture settings?...

dude thanks for the link though hella helpful appreciate it...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM
The VenumX Factor

will it restore everything to manufacture settings?...

dude thanks for the link though hella helpful appreciate it...
no; this will only replace your msvcrt.dll file, which is a main part of the boot up process. If this file fails to load correctly you computer will say loading windows and then it will go like its gonna boot up but before anything loads it just restarts..sounds a lot like your problem doesnt it? :P

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
My Phone Is Black

no; this will only replace your msvcrt.dll file, which is a main part of the boot up process. If this file fails to load correctly you computer will say loading windows and then it will go like its gonna boot up but before anything loads it just restarts..sounds a lot like your problem doesnt it? :P

EXACTLY!!!!! lol...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:20 PM
The VenumX Factor

EXACTLY!!!!! lol...
that's what i thought, get back to us on how it goes, i would recommend my boot cd idea only because then you KNOW its fixing the right file. if what i suggested fails, then go dash's route and use the repair function of the windows cd, if that fails then you're gonna have to format... the reason I don't recommend using the windows cd first to repair is because for some people its not as easy as just putting in the CD and running it, for me, I have a raid array set up on my system so i have to slipstream my AHCP and RAID drivers into any os cd i make...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 PM
My Phone Is Black

that's what i thought, get back to us on how it goes, i would recommend my boot cd idea only because then you KNOW its fixing the right file. if what i suggested fails, then go dash's route and use the repair function of the windows cd, if that fails then you're gonna have to format... the reason I don't recommend using the windows cd first to repair is because for some people its not as easy as just putting in the CD and running it, for me, I have a raid array set up on my system so i have to slipstream my AHCP and RAID drivers into any os cd i make...

yeah 1+1=2.... i can make pictures on photoshop.... lol... i feel like such a noob... if it gets complicated if you have time i'll send you a PM with my number hopefully you can help... but i'm definately gonna just do this first will get back to you sometime this week cause i'm gonna go to frisco to see my girl... will be back home in a few days... really appreciate it... thanks man

wait nevermind i just needed to really think hard and remember RAID... and AHCP... lol.. but yeah... i'll try all ways mentioned here.. and if nothing... then will send PM but you guys been so helpful i think i wouldn't ned to do that...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
The VenumX Factor

yeah 1+1=2.... i can make pictures on photoshop.... lol... i feel like such a noob... if it gets complicated if you have time i'll send you a PM with my number hopefully you can help... but i'm definately gonna just do this first will get back to you sometime this week cause i'm gonna go to frisco to see my girl... will be back home in a few days... really appreciate it... thanks man

wait nevermind i just needed to really think hard and remember RAID... and AHCP... lol.. but yeah... i'll try all ways mentioned here.. and if nothing... then will send PM but you guys been so helpful i think i wouldn't ned to do that...
alright, sounds good. here is a download for the bootable cd

Code

http://projects.securitywonks.net/projects/download.php?go=2&file=32&mirror=274
just put that on a cd and everything else is easy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
My Phone Is Black

alright, sounds good. here is a download for the bootable cd

Code

http://projects.securitywonks.net/projects/download.php?go=2&file=32&mirror=274
just put that on a cd and everything else is easy

so this and then the usb???
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2009, 02:10 PM
The VenumX Factor

so this and then the usb???
usb just put that file i posted on the usb thumbdrive and paste it where i said before

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 01:01 AM

usb just put that file i posted on the usb thumbdrive and paste it where i said before
hey guys since this thread is about windows failing to boot, i got somewhat the same problem as kiit408.

i bought a acer aspire one last month and sent it overseas for my mom to use so we can chat and keep and touch, now she called me yesterday saying when she turned on the netbook earlier today, i just got stuck on the black screen and it gave her a msg saying "windows could not start bec the ff file is missng or corrupt <windows root>\system32\hal.dll pls re-install a copy of the above file"

so can use the file on the link the venumx gave and just put it on a usb and let it boot from there and it would fix this?? my cousins coming here this friday and he'll bring the netbook. thanks ya'll!!!

--------- New Post Merged on 7/7/2009 at 0226 --------

and also guys tried searching for just a stock windows xp and for some reason i cant find it, any help with that too. thanks a lot!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to krisarceo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 03:21 AM
The VenumX Factor

hey guys since this thread is about windows failing to boot, i got somewhat the same problem as kiit408.

i bought a acer aspire one last month and sent it overseas for my mom to use so we can chat and keep and touch, now she called me yesterday saying when she turned on the netbook earlier today, i just got stuck on the black screen and it gave her a msg saying "windows could not start bec the ff file is missng or corrupt <windows root>\system32\hal.dll pls re-install a copy of the above file"

so can use the file on the link the venumx gave and just put it on a usb and let it boot from there and it would fix this?? my cousins coming here this friday and he'll bring the netbook. thanks ya'll!!!

--------- New Post Merged on 7/7/2009 at 0226 --------

and also guys tried searching for just a stock windows xp and for some reason i cant find it, any help with that too. thanks a lot!!!!
your issue is actually different; however very similar...you actually do the same process but instead of using the other file i posted, you wanna use the one i attach to this post. If that doesn't fix it then you might wanna check to make sure you boot.ini file isnt screwed up, at that point you would want to use your win xp disk and do a repair from that. But first try replacing the hal.dll file on ur computer with the one i post on this reply...
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 AM

your issue is actually different; however very similar...you actually do the same process but instead of using the other file i posted, you wanna use the one i attach to this post. If that doesn't fix it then you might wanna check to make sure you boot.ini file isnt screwed up, at that point you would want to use your win xp disk and do a repair from that. But first try replacing the hal.dll file on ur computer with the one i post on this reply...
thanks!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krisarceo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
My Phone Is Black

so the first one didnt work... the boot disk worked once and then it exited and restarted... then i tried to select a different way then the boot selection didn't show up again so i couldnt retry or anything.. will try this on thursday but my brother went to best buy and they told him it would cost 300 to replace hard drive... i laughed and said all the software i can get for free at SPJ BABY!!! lol... so umm yeah.. gonna try the venumx thing with the hal. thing and if that wont work i'll make a new thread about installing software and wat is needed to make harddrive work with comp...

Thank you guys for all your support hopefully you guys can help with the next thread you guys been hella helpful.. hopefully hear from you guys thursday... thanks guys... !!!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
The VenumX Factor

so the first one didnt work... the boot disk worked once and then it exited and restarted... then i tried to select a different way then the boot selection didn't show up again so i couldnt retry or anything.. will try this on thursday but my brother went to best buy and they told him it would cost 300 to replace hard drive... i laughed and said all the software i can get for free at SPJ BABY!!! lol... so umm yeah.. gonna try the venumx thing with the hal. thing and if that wont work i'll make a new thread about installing software and wat is needed to make harddrive work with comp...

Thank you guys for all your support hopefully you guys can help with the next thread you guys been hella helpful.. hopefully hear from you guys thursday... thanks guys... !!!
your boot.ini migh tbe corrupt as well, in which case you would need to do windows repair. what did you say happened when you put in your original windows disc

Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 PM
My Phone Is Black

your boot.ini migh tbe corrupt as well, in which case you would need to do windows repair. what did you say happened when you put in your original windows disc
so it all just didnt' work... so all i did was go to buy a new hard drive... all i lost was a lost of music easily replaced... EXTERNAL Hard Drive works lol.. but umm... do you know anything that has to be booted into hard drive to make it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 12:38 AM
The VenumX Factor

so it all just didnt' work... so all i did was go to buy a new hard drive... all i lost was a lost of music easily replaced... EXTERNAL Hard Drive works lol.. but umm... do you know anything that has to be booted into hard drive to make it work?
getting a new harddrive means you are basically starting over from scratch. You just need to plug it into your computer and install windows xp to it. its as simple as that as long as you dont have a complex raid array in your way

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 AM

ok im getting the netbook this weekend so just wanna make sure about the steps, the acer doesnt have an optical drive so ill need to put it so that it would boot using a thumb drive so just past the attached file to the thumb drive???? or do i need to get a external cd reader so i can put in a bootable cd then put that file in the thumb drive????

Old 07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
My Phone Is Black

ok im getting the netbook this weekend so just wanna make sure about the steps, the acer doesnt have an optical drive so ill need to put it so that it would boot using a thumb drive so just past the attached file to the thumb drive???? or do i need to get a external cd reader so i can put in a bootable cd then put that file in the thumb drive????

thumb drive should be fine as long as you pass all the info from the cd to the thumb drive.... same thing they are just files and places that computer needs to read info from none is more or less preferable only to the user.....
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 PM

thumb drive should be fine as long as you pass all the info from the cd to the thumb drive.... same thing they are just files and places that computer needs to read info from none is more or less preferable only to the user.....
silly question.... i can just put the bootble info from the cd to the thumb drive plus that .hal file or does it need to be separate??

The Following User Says Thank You to krisarceo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2009, 09:51 PM
The VenumX Factor

silly question.... i can just put the bootble info from the cd to the thumb drive plus that .hal file or does it need to be separate??
you can put it all on the same thing, just make sure you make your usb thumbdrive bootable first, use the following link to do so...

Code

http://aaltonen.us/2004/03/01/tip-boot-from-usb-key-addendum/
this has to be done cause it has to have an MBR on the usb stick in order for computer to recognize it as a bootable device.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 PM

you can put it all on the same thing, just make sure you make your usb thumbdrive bootable first, use the following link to do so...

Code

http://aaltonen.us/2004/03/01/tip-boot-from-usb-key-addendum/
this has to be done cause it has to have an MBR on the usb stick in order for computer to recognize it as a bootable device.
thansk a lot bro, this is such a big help will try this this weekend and will report back any progress!!!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
geniuses