HTC Touch Keypad TX9 setting

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
clintdogg clintdogg is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View clintdogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View clintdogg's Photo Album Add clintdogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Touch Keypad TX9 setting

Hey, I recently downloaded SIPchange and installed it, and it seemed to correct some problems with my keypad sometimes bringing up the full touch keyboard instead of the 12 button touchpad.

It was working great for awhile but I must have changed a setting because now the default touchpad is ABC (so i have to tap each key however many times to get each letter). I'm not sure what I did, but I want the default touchpad to be set to XT9 instead. Any tips to change this back?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Touch Keypad TX9 setting

“ Originally Posted by clintdogg View Post

Hey, I recently downloaded SIPchange and installed it, and it seemed to correct some problems with my keypad sometimes bringing up the full touch keyboard instead of the 12 button touchpad.

It was working great for awhile but I must have changed a setting because now the default touchpad is ABC (so i have to tap each key however many times to get each letter). I'm not sure what I did, but I want the default touchpad to be set to XT9 instead. Any tips to change this back?
use sipchange and change it back
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM

View clintdogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View clintdogg's Photo Album Add clintdogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The only options in SIPchange are which keyboard I want as my default. It's already set to Touch Keypad, which is what I want. The only other option SIPchange has is "Initial Delay (seconds)"

What I'm asking is how do I change the keypad's default setting from 'abc' to 'XT9'.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:25 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The only options in SIPchange are which keyboard I want as my default. It's already set to Touch Keypad, which is what I want. The only other option SIPchange has is "Initial Delay (seconds)"

What I'm asking is how do I change the keypad's default setting from 'abc' to 'XT9'.
i dont think that there is a way to do so it just brings up certain things for different areas automatically..... and if you got it you might have just got lucky. ill let some touch users chime in on this since i dont use my touch anymore so hopefully they can help
Old 04-28-2008, 04:29 PM

thanks. like i said, it was set to XT9 as the default for a few days, just seems like i might have hit something because it just all of a sudden changed.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 PM

thanks. like i said, it was set to XT9 as the default for a few days, just seems like i might have hit something because it just all of a sudden changed.
huh no clue i think you got lucky and all with it doing that since i dont think that there is a way to actually make one of the three through the touch keyboard the default.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:41 PM

also just remebered you can go with touchpal v3 and that will give you the same three options as the touch keyboard ansd you can choose one of the three as your default than use sip change to make touchpal come up at all times. i use it myself and love it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM

i'll have to check that out when i get home. just something else to point out that I just noticed. When the keyboard first opens sometimes for a SPLIT second, its opening the XT9 keypad, and instantly changes to abc. it's so fast that you can't even see it if at all. I'll keep playing with it, if I figure anything out, I'll post.

I found a regkey on another site that claimed to fix this but that's not working either.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, keypad, setting, touch, tx9