Old 08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by junkhead01 View Post

well i found different roms that are actually exe files. 420's has just the nbh file, so what i dont fully understand is where does this nhb file go, i know the instructions say in the RUU folder, but there is none. I use the titan unlocker to get the phone to the bootloader, then i flash the rom coorect, i already have the updated radio so i dont need to flash that, to my understanding. So when im sitting in the bootloader, where do i put this nbh file and how do i get out of the loader w/o the executable?

--------- New Post Merged on 24/8/2009 at 0159 --------

when i downloaded whatever was on koas's thread, all i got was the nbh, so i need the rom, where do i get it?
the nbh file is gthe rom, take that and drop into the ruu folder and than open the ruu and run the romupdateutility.exe and follow the stepsw just like the tutorial stated.... and you have unlocked your phone so you can flash custom roms right?

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Looks like u have to post 80 posts to get the correct download bro
what is up today dude, this is the second time in the past posts that you have given false info...... try to reasd through the threads a lil more beofore replying.... i thank you for helping but we have tio be sure to give the correct results.... not mad or nothing so dont worry
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View junkhead01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View junkhead01's Photo Album Add junkhead01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you for the clarification, i apologize for my ignorance and greatly appreciate all of your help and patience.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:21 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by junkhead01 View Post

thank you for the clarification, i apologize for my ignorance and greatly appreciate all of your help and patience.

your all good and we all hear to learn.... if you got questions never feel shy to ask and we will get you an answer.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Shamarr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Shamarr's Photo Album Add Shamarr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In order to flash rom do I need an empty ruu folder? Is so is there any place on the site that I can find one? I searched for it but I didnt see it...
-Shamarr
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamarr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Shamarr View Post

In order to flash rom do I need an empty ruu folder? Is so is there any place on the site that I can find one? I searched for it but I didnt see it...
-Shamarr
In this thread you find eveything you need to flash. There is no need to go search.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

-Shamarr
here you go bud hit the rep..
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parna1973 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Mobile Model: mogul ppc 6800

View yunglaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View yunglaos's Photo Album Add yunglaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

very helpful. beginning to understand how to flash and re flash the rom. thanks

--------- New Post Merged on 1/9/2009 at 0447 --------

why does it say i dont have permission to access when im clicking on the link to unlock the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to yunglaos For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2009, 06:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by yunglaos View Post

very helpful. beginning to understand how to flash and re flash the rom. thanks

--------- New Post Merged on 1/9/2009 at 0447 --------

why does it say i dont have permission to access when im clicking on the link to unlock the phone.
did you read the rules and the email that were sent when signing up? take a look at #10 in the link below.... that is what you need.... and please try to keep the topic on the title of the thread..... the second post which was automerged due to no double posting allowed doesnt pertain to the title.....

thanks and the link is below:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-2-getting-t170281.html?t=170281
Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just noticed something in this thread, none of the links work(at least in the first post), all links get redirected to spj's main page, you may wanna look into that Mods.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

I just noticed something in this thread, none of the links work(at least in the first post), all links get redirected to spj's main page, you may wanna look into that Mods.
can you please place this is the board error thread so pb can see it?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

can you please place this is the board error thread so pb can see it?
will do Dashysam
The Following User Says Thank You to fanaticny For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so i had the same rom for the longest time.. if i reflashed it will it even make any difference at all? i'm getting laggy and choppy and don't know if thats the rom or my phone.. and i think it's cause the ramclean but idk.. even had reseted a few times and it would work perfect for a month and then it'll go back to laggy and not smooth... anyone?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiit408 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 11:37 PM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Kiit408 View Post

so i had the same rom for the longest time.. if i reflashed it will it even make any difference at all? i'm getting laggy and choppy and don't know if thats the rom or my phone.. and i think it's cause the ramclean but idk.. even had reseted a few times and it would work perfect for a month and then it'll go back to laggy and not smooth... anyone?
Lot of factors can go into that , like what apps are you running on daily basis ? What have you installed ? When was the last time you hard reset ? Then you keep running into problem try another rom.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 01:43 AM

all roms from time to time will need to be hard reset no matter what..... there is registry that programs installed can change, normal errors, corrupt files and much much more on top of the obvious that can cause lag.... i would def try a hard reset or flash to a new rom if you like...... its completely your call but i can almost promise you without a doubt that you jsut need that and it isnt your device that is acting up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
My Phone Is Black
Mobile Model: The Mystery Diamond
Mobile Carrier: The Yellow Stripes

View Kiit408's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kiit408's Photo Album Add Kiit408's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah my left works but my right selection doesn't and when i'm typing i'll hit like a 20sec lag sometimes...

other than that was just asking that it just wasn't me... and yeah i reset every few months and thanks for the info guys...
Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM

yeah my left works but my right selection doesn't and when i'm typing i'll hit like a 20sec lag sometimes...

other than that was just asking that it just wasn't me... and yeah i reset every few months and thanks for the info guys...
word yup def give it a hard reset and let us know if that fixes the troubles for you otherwise i have a few more tricks up my sleeve.... and you talking the on screen soft buttons or the actual hard keys like the call end and call begin ones?
Old 09-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Mobile Model: tpro

View only1penny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View only1penny's Photo Album Add only1penny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow! was flashing from sd card ever easy! never tried it before but was having activesync connection issues so i gave it a whirl. thank you thank you
Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM

View sweetgurly21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sweetgurly21's Photo Album Add sweetgurly21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok guys a little confused considering none of the links are working, i have tried searching for the unlocker and relocker for the mogul. i am trying to update from kaos take 3 to manila 2d rom. someone said i needed the stock rom and i i need the relocker and unlocker to do this right? also i have the the rom 3.56 the one on the htc website is 3.56.651 can i just use that folder or do i have to flash again to that one. my radio is 3.42.02 if that makes any difference

--------- New Post Merged on 13/10/2009 at 0224 --------

nevermind solved my own problem. dash did it for me
Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by sweetgurly21 View Post

ok guys a little confused considering none of the links are working, i have tried searching for the unlocker and relocker for the mogul. i am trying to update from kaos take 3 to manila 2d rom. someone said i needed the stock rom and i i need the relocker and unlocker to do this right? also i have the the rom 3.56 the one on the htc website is 3.56.651 can i just use that folder or do i have to flash again to that one. my radio is 3.42.02 if that makes any difference
You don't need to flash back to stock to flash the Malina 2d rom , and as far the radio goes it is just recommend with that rom that it will work best. I would flash the radio anyway it will improve signal for you !!!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

View sweetgurly21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sweetgurly21's Photo Album Add sweetgurly21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks for the input. it would help if i can flash in the first place. i can't flash with activesync or the storage card. so i am throwing my phone away and getting the new pros. this is ridiculous
Old 10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile OS: Android

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

thanks for the input. it would help if i can flash in the first place. i can't flash with activesync or the storage card. so i am throwing my phone away and getting the new pros. this is ridiculous
Wouldn't hurt. It might just be that time to make that plunge The Mogul was good for it's time, but so much available today that you can take advantage of. Good Luck with your decision.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM

Yeah they would give you a Pro no problem lol just insurance your phone....

Old 10-21-2009, 09:32 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Can these apps get reup'd? This is what I get when i click on the links https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...touch+unlocker
Old 10-21-2009, 09:34 PM

Re: Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

Can these apps get reup'd? This is what I get when i click on the links

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=158002&highlight=touch+unlocker
they are all freeware and easily found but i will when i get a chance... if not sdone by tonight bump this tomorrow and after the drugs wear off from my procedure tomorrow i will try to get it done.... sorry just dont feel up to going through and doing all of this all over again right now... if someone could help and i would update or if staff can get to this that would be great
Old 10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

they are all freeware and easily found but i will when i get a chance... if not sdone by tonight bump this tomorrow and after the drugs wear off from my procedure tomorrow i will try to get it done.... sorry just dont feel up to going through and doing all of this all over again right now... if someone could help and i would update or if staff can get to this that would be great
I had no idea that you had surgery, I hope all is well and you get better soon so I can kick your butt at I WIN again. Thanks for the info Dash and get well soon.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 AM
FLipper
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View pipiriche1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pipiriche1's Photo Album Add pipiriche1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

when i click on the link to the unlocker.. it says that it cannot be found
Old 10-22-2009, 02:53 AM

“ Originally Posted by pipiriche1 View Post

when i click on the link to the unlocker.. it says that it cannot be found
Use that Search up at the top. If you can't find it here google is your friend lol

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f551/touch-pro-raphael-hspl-unlocker-relocker-cdma-only-175733/

Old 10-22-2009, 12:57 PM

“ Originally Posted by mzlady26 View Post

I had no idea that you had surgery, I hope all is well and you get better soon so I can kick your butt at I WIN again. Thanks for the info Dash and get well soon.
naw im prepping sorry i worded thast wrong for a colonoscopy nothing big but gonna suck to be shitting my brains out here in asbout 3 hours and no food all day since midnight is killing me
Old 11-08-2009, 12:34 PM

ok guys since no one else took the iniative to do so i took the time to fix all the links, add the tp2 flashing tutorial and such... lets keep this up to date and do you guys see any errors in the new type up or with links or anything? if you think that how to flash from sd card or anything should be added please say so or do so if you have the access.... thanks guys this has to be a team effort on keeping up to date... may not be the funnest with reupping and fixing but hell it has to be done and why we have staff here...

thanks for the help and let me know if this is straighflorward for all the different phones... thanks guys and please if any errors tell me.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:12 PM

bump bump no one can go through this and tell nme if it looks ok or needs something added? come on guys just need a little guidance !
Old 11-27-2009, 09:51 AM

View Shamarr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Shamarr's Photo Album Add Shamarr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

bump bump no one can go through this and tell nme if it looks ok or needs something added? come on guys just need a little guidance !
I hate to do this bro but Ive searched all over the forum looking for the Original stock rom for an HTC Touch Pro...Do you have any links or advise on how to narrow down my search? I usually have no problem finding things but this time im stumped... Thanks bro...
Old 11-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I hate to do this bro but Ive searched all over the forum looking for the Original stock rom for an HTC Touch Pro...Do you have any links or advise on how to narrow down my search? I usually have no problem finding things but this time im stumped... Thanks bro...
It's a stickie in the Touch Pro Rom Forums. Using search or clicking on your respective phone section is your friend.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:18 PM

Re Re Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

Thank You for intruducing this to me bro! Its a fantastic thread...
Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM

added video for the touch pro 2 flashing.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So I'm trying to flash a custom ROM via my SD card for my Pro and I've haven't been able to do it yet.

I downloaded a custom ROM
renamed the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.NBH
Copied it to an empty sd card
held down power, volume down, and soft reset until in bootloader screen.

I was never prompted to flash after that. I tried formatting my card to FAT32 and I used a few different sd cards, a 512mb and a 1gb.

Any suggestions??

My TP isn't recognized by my computer and active sync doesn't recognize my phone either so I can't just flash normally
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 PM

Re: Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

So I'm trying to flash a custom ROM via my SD card for my Pro and I've haven't been able to do it yet.

I downloaded a custom ROM
renamed the .nbh file to RAPHIMG.NBH
Copied it to an empty sd card
held down power, volume down, and soft reset until in bootloader screen.

I was never prompted to flash after that. I tried formatting my card to FAT32 and I used a few different sd cards, a 512mb and a 1gb.

Any suggestions??

My TP isn't recognized by my computer and active sync doesn't recognize my phone either so I can't just flash normally
have you tried to format again not using quick format?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What do you mean? How do I do that?
Another question...will I brick my phone if I run the ROMupdateutility.exe with my phone connected to my computer, but not synced to active sync?

--------- New Post Merged on 14/12/2009 at 0237 --------

Oh I see what you're saying. I didn't select quick format the first time, maybe I'll try that.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 PM

Re: Re Re Flashing Roms Custom And Stock

“ Originally Posted by gbogart100 View Post

What do you mean? How do I do that?
Another question...will I brick my phone if I run the ROMupdateutility.exe with my phone connected to my computer, but not synced to active sync?

--------- New Post Merged on 14/12/2009 at 0237 --------

Oh I see what you're saying. I didn't select quick format the first time, maybe I'll try that.
are you talking by connecting while in bootloader mode and than run the romupdateutility.exe while the screen says usb after you plug it in from the original state of it saying serial?
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
custom, flashing, roms, stock