Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 AM
nanyjoker nanyjoker is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: NEW Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Soon metro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View nanyjoker's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nanyjoker's Photo Album Add nanyjoker's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] This site is Great But im Stuck again

Well in the past days i've been here i was a compleate and total noob at this phone stuff and asked Questions allmost on a daily basis.

And out of all the questions i've asked, EVERY single one of them was Answerd and now my phone is decked out with theams and apps

But now its time to go into the big boy questions like Roms and Flashing

Soo im PLANING on going into the metro store and i Want them to flash my phone soo i can join my brothers family plan. But this morning the guy told me it would be a REALLY bad idea to do it because i would only get Texting and Phone calls. i tried to explain to him that i kno a site ( this site lol) that have guides on Getting the internet to work and and picture messageing.

But this guy was 100% sure that it would not work and i would have no internet.

My question is Can i go to the metro store, flash the phone and come back and use the guide "https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=502 "and will my internet work on the phone work? ???

P.S should i intall a Rom before or after i flash the phone AND Can i use the guide on this site to flash my phone and then go to the metro store and tell them my phone is allready flashed and tell them to add a line??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanyjoker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: This site is Great But im Stuck again

unfortunately, NO you cannot... the issue is with compatibility with Metro's CDMA network.. the only ppc ive seen on metro that had data was the touch vogue and trust me.. METRO is huge where im at.. i know people right now that have the instinct, touch pro, mogul, and one other and ALL DO NOT HAVE DATA.... good luck..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 AM

View nanyjoker's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nanyjoker's Photo Album Add nanyjoker's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dammit thats really gay. soo i cant use internet thats really lame.... well when i get it flashed can i still use a ROM??

Also whats the different if i flash the phone my self? useing the guide
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanyjoker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:41 AM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

unfortunately, NO you cannot... the issue is with compatibility with Metro's CDMA network.. the only ppc ive seen on metro that had data was the touch vogue and trust me.. METRO is huge where im at.. i know people right now that have the instinct, touch pro, mogul, and one other and ALL DO NOT HAVE DATA.... good luck..
Thats not true man... i've had my touch pro on metro for months and my phone is working just like it would on sprint except for sprint apps and slow speeds (1X) ... but ya i've gotten internet, mms, email, weather.... u name it i got it working on the TP and beleave me its easier than you think... the only thing you have to make sure of is that you stick it in the guys head when your at the store getting it flashed that you want the $45 plan.

P.S. Take it down there with the stock rom to get it flashed then after that come on here and PM me and ill help you out but make sure its stock when u take it down there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by eklipz3 View Post

Thats not true man... i've had my touch pro on metro for months and my phone is working just like it would on sprint except for sprint apps and slow speeds (1X) ... but ya i've gotten internet, mms, email, weather.... u name it i got it working on the TP and beleave me its easier than you think... the only thing you have to make sure of is that you stick it in the guys head when your at the store getting it flashed that you want the $45 plan.
thats what i was thinking since i remembered that i made a thread on this not too long ago and has been a hot commadity.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:45 AM
EkLiPz3

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thats what i was thinking since i remembered that i made a thread on this not too long ago and has been a hot commadity.
Damn dash as soon as i was done editing my post i clicked the unread threads and you responded hella fast LOL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by eklipz3 View Post

Damn dash as soon as i was done editing my post i clicked the unread threads and you responded hella fast LOL.
ahahaha thats how i do women love my fast fingers if you know what i mean
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 AM

OMG ****ING THANKS YOU GUYS i was sooo Worried!!

Jesus i Love this place! is there a freakin donation page?? when i get my job next month i GOTTA help you guys out man its only fair.

And eklipsz im going down there monday and yes my phone s stock sprint Rom Should i uninstall my Theam? im useing mobile shell 3.0

one last thing. i think my borother is on the 50 Dollar plan like the " Get the Most" plan. is that any problem??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanyjoker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:53 AM
EkLiPz3

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ahahaha thats how i do women love my fast fingers if you know what i mean
Lmao... man your a crazy fool! I just wish metro made TP's so i can just go in and get another one it sucks not having my phone working
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:54 AM

“ Originally Posted by nanyjoker View Post

Jesus i Love this place! is there a freakin donation page?? when i get my job next month i GOTTA help you guys out man its only fair.

And eklipsz im going down there monday and yes my phone s stock sprint Rom Should i uninstall my Theam? im useing mobile shell 3.0

one last thing. i think my borother is on the 50 Dollar plan like the " Get the Most" plan. is that any problem??
word i will let him tak it form here since he is the pro at doing this and has experience unlike me.... and for the donations if you want to donate to a certain person you can find the paypal donation button next to their name in release threads or by clicking on their name and going through the profile. if you want to donate to the site and help keep it running you can look on the main homepage of the site and you will see a meter that says donate... also a tab in green on the taskbar by where the apps tab is at where you can donate to the site.... hope this helps and you are in good hands.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 AM
EkLiPz3

“ Originally Posted by nanyjoker View Post

No its shouldnt be a problem just as long as you got the $45 to $50 plan you should be straight because you want the plan to have the internet on it so your data will work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2009, 01:57 AM

ok Great! allright dude. this thread is solved!. i will send you a PM On monday thats when my phone is gettin turned on

Thanks again dude
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanyjoker For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
great, issue, site, solved, stuck