Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Moebius Moebius is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Need Radio Suggestion DC Area

Ok, I could have sworn we had a thread on this a while back, but for the life of me I can't find it.

So anyway, after being laid off for 4 months, I've accepted a new job where I'll be traveling to D.C. every week (here at the moment in fact). I've noticed that my coverage in the area is beyond sporadic. In the office building I'm working in, I can barely hold a signal even though I'm only about 30 feet from the windows.. The hotel I'm using this week I can get a signal in the room (in fact using wmwifirouter right now... schweet), but nothing in the lobby area. Just seems quite sketchy at best.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I think I'm on the Sprint Radio v11 right now. Do we have any folks in D.C. that can shed any light on the subject? Fyi - mostly downtown area in question here. Office is on Pennsylvania Ave by FBI.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moebius For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Need Radio Suggestion DC Area

“ Originally Posted by Moebius View Post

Ok, I could have sworn we had a thread on this a while back, but for the life of me I can't find it.

So anyway, after being laid off for 4 months, I've accepted a new job where I'll be traveling to D.C. every week (here at the moment in fact). I've noticed that my coverage in the area is beyond sporadic. In the office building I'm working in, I can barely hold a signal even though I'm only about 30 feet from the windows.. The hotel I'm using this week I can get a signal in the room (in fact using wmwifirouter right now... schweet), but nothing in the lobby area. Just seems quite sketchy at best.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I think I'm on the Sprint Radio v11 right now. Do we have any folks in D.C. that can shed any light on the subject? Fyi - mostly downtown area in question here. Office is on Pennsylvania Ave by FBI.

take a look i think this is what you were talking about.....

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/radios-and-best-t184694.html?t=184694&highlight=radios
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Moebius Moebius is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Need Radio Suggestion DC Area

Thanks Dash, that's the one. No help there though unfortunately. Guess I'll just start experimenting a bit. I'm also looking to see if I can find a way to schedule switching to Roam only (i re-enabled that option) since on VZW's network I get nearly 100% signal strength. Sprint gets just enough signal to not switch to roam, but not enough to actual make or receive calls. Problem is, I don't want to forget to take it back off roam only and have Sprint axe me when I have too much roam time.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
area, radio, suggestion