Old 10-18-2008, 01:29 AM
havox22 havox22 is offline   Thread Starter  
I Rock..u know it
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View havox22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View havox22's Photo Album Add havox22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
advice

i just bought 2 8 gig memory cards from ebay but i open them and find out they are class 2 was thinking bout returning them, but 1 for for my bro for his g1 and since it comes out soon i dont want him to be with out a memory card..since i was gonna have all my program on the memory card should i return and get a class 4 or 6??
Old 10-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: advice

“ Originally Posted by havox22 View Post

i just bought 2 8 gig memory cards from ebay but i open them and find out they are class 2 was thinking bout returning them, but 1 for for my bro for his g1 and since it comes out soon i dont want him to be with out a memory card..since i was gonna have all my program on the memory card should i return and get a class 4 or 6??
its really your call.... what brand are they?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 AM
I Rock..u know it

View havox22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View havox22's Photo Album Add havox22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sandisk...i was just wondering if apps will suffer from having a slower card like if i have 2 or 3 thing running at once from the card will performance be off
Old 10-18-2008, 01:32 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by havox22 View Post

sandisk...i was just wondering if apps will suffer from having a slower card like if i have 2 or 3 thing running at once from the card will performance be off
no i think you should be fine without any troubles bro.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
I Rock..u know it

ok i was looking at other memory cards & i found a class 6 but it is by A-DATA is this brand good or should i not get it??
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

a data is fine. i use them too along with kingston and sandisk. whatever's cheapest you know hehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Diamond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View THE I NCREDIBLE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View THE I NCREDIBLE's Photo Album Add THE I NCREDIBLE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Since we're on this topic, is it copacetic to intall programs on the storage card instead of the actually on the device? There was a thread I ready some time ago- that I can't seem to find - suggesting to install everything to the device, but I've always wondered about that. I mean, if you have a 4 gb memory card, in theory, wouldn't it be better to install everything to memory card albeit I never took into consideration the speed of memory card. If this has already been chopped and screwed, my bad. The link to those discussions would be appreciated.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 AM

“ Originally Posted by THE I NCREDIBLE View Post

Since we're on this topic, is it copacetic to intall programs on the storage card instead of the actually on the device? There was a thread I ready some time ago- that I can't seem to find - suggesting to install everything to the device, but I've always wondered about that. I mean, if you have a 4 gb memory card, in theory, wouldn't it be better to install everything to memory card albeit I never took into consideration the speed of memory card. If this has already been chopped and screwed, my bad. The link to those discussions would be appreciated.
well basically only certain programs can be installed to the card. stuff that loads on bootup and or uses internet connection you have to install on the main memory since upon bootup the phone reads the main memory first than starts to scan the card for additional files and installed programs. so if you install the wrong way you will get error messages that arent only annoying but usually result in you doing a hard reset.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
advice