Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
BosnianBanger BosnianBanger is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View BosnianBanger's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BosnianBanger's Photo Album Add BosnianBanger's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] Unlocking the Pro

Well Ive read the noob starter kit and BJ's noob guide and have basically realized that I need to unlock my Sprint HTC Touch Pro to flash the rom and download custom ones like D/\SH's and BJ's. I even checked D/\SH's sig to find the place to unlock from. I beleive I am supposed to go with the 35, but heres where I am stuck.

If anyone can tell me how to go about unlocking or whether this is even needed.

Secondly, being a noob if I mess up on the unlock is it possible to brick the phone and later unbrick it or what.

Just got the phone today and alread love this site.

Appreciate any help
Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Unlocking the Pro

“ Originally Posted by BosnianBanger View Post

Well Ive read the noob starter kit and BJ's noob guide and have basically realized that I need to unlock my Sprint HTC Touch Pro to flash the rom and download custom ones like D/\SH's and BJ's. I even checked D/\SH's sig to find the place to unlock from. I beleive I am supposed to go with the 35, but heres where I am stuck.

Secondly, being a noob if I mess up on the unlock is it possible to brick the phone and later unbrick it or what.

Appreciate any help
you need the touch pro unlocker found here https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=175733
and you do need it unlocked to run a custom rom and there is a slight chance you may brick your device but as long as you read the the threads on how to flash and follow all the directions and you should be fine...just remember to read read and then read again and you will be golden...you cannot unbrick a phone once it is bricked...you don't need to unlock to run any programs, just roms

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Appreciate any help
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=175733

download the latest unlocker .37, connect to PC via activesync, run the .exe, follow instructions......... tada!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 06:14 PM

View BosnianBanger's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BosnianBanger's Photo Album Add BosnianBanger's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the links guys
Probably another stupid question
I have vista 32 bit so do i still need the NET framework installed on my PC
or WMDC update?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

or WMDC update?
i would suggest you flash via sdcard, it's safer. just run the unlocker via usb. then reformat your sdcard to FAT32.then get the exe. file from the rom of your choice, rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh save it to your sdcard. enter manual bootload and there you go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Sorry didnt realize that WMDC= Windows mobile device center.
Will try this tomorrow or Friday and if I have any problems, Ill post.
Thanks for the help again.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/3/2009 at 0721 --------

Josamu

I understand the gist of what you are saying and it probably would be easier.

Can you elaborate a bit

Completely new to this.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

or WMDC update?
actually you'll need to have both

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry didnt realize that WMDC= Windows mobile device center.
Will try this tomorrow or Friday and if I have any problems, Ill post.
Thanks for the help again.

--------- New Post Merged on 11/3/2009 at 0721 --------

Josamu

I understand the gist of what you are saying and it probably would be easier.

Can you elaborate a bit

Completely new to this.
well, you download the raph unlocker, you download the rom of your choice, then you hook your phone to the computer using the usb cord, you run the raph unlocker, the you disconnect your phone. now take your sdcard out of your phone, copy evrything from your card to your computer, and re-format your card to FAT32. to do this, once your memory card is in the computer hit start>computer, and right click on your memory card, it will give you the option to format, click on it and pick FAT32. now grab the exe. file from the rom folder that you picked, and rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh and copy that to your new formated card. insert the card into the phone, and enter manual bootlaod.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by josamu View Post

well, you download the raph unlocker, you download the rom of your choice, then you hook your phone to the computer using the usb cord, you run the raph unlocker, the you disconnect your phone. now take your sdcard out of your phone, copy evrything from your card to your computer, and re-format your card to FAT32. to do this, once your memory card is in the computer hit start>computer, and right click on your memory card, it will give you the option to format, click on it and pick FAT32. now grab the exe. file from the rom folder that you picked, and rename it to RAPHIMG.nbh and copy that to your new formated card. insert the card into the phone, and enter manual bootlaod.
appreciate the help but hes talking about the unlocker and not the roms......... the unlocker you just run with wmdc hooked up and follow the steps that are given to you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Thank you both josamu and D/\SH for the help. I really was talking about the unlocker but the flashing advice given by josamu will be very helpful after I have my phone unlocked.

Do you guys know anything about a facebook mobile app for the touch pro or would I have to just use a windows mobile based one such as skybook

Also I have heard rumors that Sprint is to come out with an android phone such as the g1 in late fall. anyone know anything about this?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you both josamu and D/\SH for the help. I really was talking about the unlocker but the flashing advice given by josamu will be very helpful after I have my phone unlocked.

Do you guys know anything about a facebook mobile app for the touch pro or would I have to just use a windows mobile based one such as skybook

Also I have heard rumors that Sprint is to come out with an android phone such as the g1 in late fall. anyone know anything about this?

please keep the thread on topic..... and their is a flashing guide in my signature below..... if you want to start a discussion in the correct area for the other things you ask feel more than free and the community here will discuss to hell with you haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
htc touch pro, issue, pro, pro help, solved, sprint, unlock, unlocking