Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
whogivsafuq whogivsafuq is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View whogivsafuq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whogivsafuq's Photo Album Add whogivsafuq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
htc touch pro keyboard not working

whats up yall? i hope i put this on the right place. i got a question my slideout keyboard stop working. i already did a soft reset and a hard reset. still not working. it was working fine earlier then all of the sudden it stopped working. dunno what the problem is. help me out please. thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to whogivsafuq For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 09:58 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: htc touch pro keyboard not working

does it light up when you click the buttons ? ..... what was the last thing you did before it stopped working??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:01 PM

View whogivsafuq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whogivsafuq's Photo Album Add whogivsafuq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

does it light up when you click the buttons ? ..... what was the last thing you did before it stopped working??
no it doesnt light up. i didnt do anything. it was just sitting on the couch then my friend text me i tried texting back but all of the sudden keyboard is not working. the touch screen keyboard is working though.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by whogivsafuq View Post

no it doesnt light up. i didnt do anything. it was just sitting on the couch then my friend text me i tried texting back but all of the sudden keyboard is not working. the touch screen keyboard is working though.
dounds like it shorted out and is no good.... hope you have insurance through your provider..... take it in and they will get you a new one if you do :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

did u get it wett?

I suggest a complete sshut down and battery pull for a lil bit... let it sit for a minute, then reinsert and give her a restart... not sure if itll actually woork, but its definatly a hardwar prob cuz hard reset didnt fix... if it still doesnt work, u may have to turn her in for reppair/replacement

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

dounds like it shorted out and is no good.... hope you have insurance through your provider..... take it in and they will get you a new one if you do :>
yeah i have insurance. damn i just got my phone like a month ago prolly not even.

--------- New Post Merged on 22/2/2009 at 1130 --------

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

did u get it wett?

I suggest a complete sshut down and battery pull for a lil bit... let it sit for a minute, then reinsert and give her a restart... not sure if itll actually woork, but its definatly a hardwar prob cuz hard reset didnt fix... if it still doesnt work, u may have to turn her in for reppair/replacement
i tried that already. i tried everything. i didnt get it wet. i treat my phone like a baby haha. so right now i feel like i have a diamond since the slide keyboard is not working. i guess its off to the store tomorrow. hope i dont have to pay if they cant fix it.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:06 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it its not physically damaged you should be good under warranty... tell them that the phone is like new and it should be covered under warranty and shouldnt have to pay

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2009, 12:10 AM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

it its not physically damaged you should be good under warranty... tell them that the phone is like new and it should be covered under warranty and shouldnt have to pay
alright thats cool. i already flash my phone to stock rom. i run the relocker how come it still says unlock? just wondering if its already lock since i already run the relocker.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: US Cellular
Mobile OS: 5.0

View XXBobbXX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View XXBobbXX's Photo Album Add XXBobbXX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had the SAME and did the SAME things you did. this worked for me!

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/how-fix-touch-t184579.html?t=184579&highlight=touch+keyboard
i did alternaive 1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XXBobbXX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, keyboard, pro, touch, working