Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 AM
enigmatic enigmatic is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View enigmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View enigmatic's Photo Album Add enigmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
I cant answer incoming phone calls

I'd love some suggestions. Here's a brief history. I flashed my TP with one of Hibby's ROM's. Works well, waiting on KAOS's latest and greatest. Anyway, had Throttle Lock installed then uninstalled it. Also had Slide 2 Unlock installed, also uninstalled it. Both were taken off because they were keeping me from being able to answer incoming calls. Now here's my current situation/problem. I have the standard keypad, green answer button, red hang up button. When I get an incoming call, I get the audible ring, the active screen with both red and green buttons but no matter what I do, I can't answer a call. In fact, if I push on the hard key (lower left of phone) it won't answer either. Maybe it's the nanotech phone cover Sprint provided but for some reason it's not making my a very happy camper.

Any suggestions? Maybe there's something stuck in the regristry but I don't have an editor nor do I know how to use one if I did???
Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: I cant answer incoming phone calls

“ Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post

I'd love some suggestions. Here's a brief history. I flashed my TP with one of Hibby's ROM's. Works well, waiting on KAOS's latest and greatest. Anyway, had Throttle Lock installed then uninstalled it. Also had Slide 2 Unlock installed, also uninstalled it. Both were taken off because they were keeping me from being able to answer incoming calls. Now here's my current situation/problem. I have the standard keypad, green answer button, red hang up button. When I get an incoming call, I get the audible ring, the active screen with both red and green buttons but no matter what I do, I can't answer a call. In fact, if I push on the hard key (lower left of phone) it won't answer either. Maybe it's the nanotech phone cover Sprint provided but for some reason it's not making my a very happy camper.

Any suggestions? Maybe there's something stuck in the regristry but I don't have an editor nor do I know how to use one if I did???
The problem is caused by registry editor/ tweaks such as Advanced Control, Diamond Tweaks, etc. timing out the Data Connection. When you enable the time out it won't allow simultaneous voice and data connections.

Easy fix-

Check your windows registry (PHM Registry Editor):
HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr/Planner/Settings/SuspendResume

if it reads GPRS (or something like that) make sure you change to 777#

tell me if that works.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

The problem is caused by registry editor/ tweaks such as Advanced Control, Diamond Tweaks, etc. timing out the Data Connection. When you enable the time out it won't allow simultaneous voice and data connections.

Easy fix-

Check your windows registry (PHM Registry Editor):

if it reads GPRS (or something like that) make sure you change to 777#

tell me if that works.
damn you totaly read my mind there timothy :> thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View pilotmills's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pilotmills's Photo Album Add pilotmills's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I try to edit the registry and I get an error saying access is denied. Using CeReg editor. Tried all GPRS settings in advanced config and nothing works. I am in the same boat where when in a data session, I can't answer voice calls.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that happened to me when i had TL and s2u2 installed at the same time...hard reset is the only way to fix it.(at least for me)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 AM

View enigmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View enigmatic's Photo Album Add enigmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I did as instructed by VenumX............worked like a charm once I figured out how to hard code the binary file. I'm getting too old for this stuff.....I want my mommy! Wait, I have an idea....all I have to do is adopt a 15 year old 'geek' and let them deal with my TP...now that's the ticket. OK, on 2nd thought....maybe a really cute 20 something female type and she can deal with my TP and anything else that needs 'adjustments'. Say...it's just a thought!
Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View sleivian's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sleivian's Photo Album Add sleivian's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What is the code for the binary file you used?
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 AM

check your pvt msgs!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM

View bkobren's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bkobren's Photo Album Add bkobren's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am having the exact same problem.
I located the registry entry:
and changed the value from:
~GPRS!|
to:
777#|
Did I do this correctly? When my browser is open I am still having the same problem.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bkobren View Post

I am having the exact same problem.
I located the registry entry:
and changed the value from:
~GPRS!|
to:
777#|
Did I do this correctly? When my browser is open I am still having the same problem.
i thought is was suppose to be #777

The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 AM

it IS #777. I have the binaries if you need them.
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmatic For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
answer, calls, incoming, phone