Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ROM] 08/11 11 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecure

Originally Posted at

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581846
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM for the CDMA Hero!

No wipe is required for this ROM.

MCR now optionally includes Wavesecure in ROM, allowing you to lock / locate / wipe your device remotely in the event of loss and be notified if the SIM is changed. The application cannot be uninstalled by a thief and we are actively working with Wavesecure to ensure that in a forthcoming release, your settings will survive a hard reset!

This ROM is based on the original shipping ROM release series (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! The ROM is packaged as a core version with optional add on packs.

Included in the 'core'

- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- A2SD included (fully automatic - thanks cyanogen!) - create a EXT2 partition as your second partition to use. dalvik-cache remains on device.
- Added Jbed Java
- Added Dropbear SSH running by default, check 'About' screen for password (port 2222). You can now remove this by running /system/bin/removedropbear.sh
- Added Notes app from Dragon
- Added Spare Parts (run it and switch the 2 animation types to 'fast' for an even better experience!)
- Added android-wifi-tether 1.60 pre3 (props to the developer, this is a great app!)
- Added WiFi Status indicator, with kind permission of Andrew Schwimmer
- Added busybox 1.15.2 - tweaked such that 'get information' in Swapper now works as desired
- Added nano 2.09 - text editor for use in shell mode
- Added parted and sqlite tools
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Added files required for Debian linux including loxley's updated bootdeb script
- Moved Quickoffice to data partition to allow easy uninstall
- Moved Google Maps and Google Voice Search to data partition to allow easy update
- Deleted 'Learn More' application
- Silenced boot sound (it's still there and can be reactivated with a file edit)
- You can now check your MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) version from the about menu

Included in main 'enhanced' add on pack

- Added Business Card Scanner
- Added 'Plurk' client
- Added WAP browser

Other optional add on packs (apply as normal update zips)

- 'WaveSecure' add on pack (puts Wavesecure in ROM - it is no longer in core)
- 'Boot Sounds' add on pack (restores boot sounds)
- 'Hebrew Fonts' add on pack (installs hebrew fonts)

Recommended applications (available from the market)

- More Locale for setting non english Locales

Downloads

Code

http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...om/295568/XDA/
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!

Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT2 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot'

The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image.

For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:

- Download and install (via rooting) the patched recovery image (step by step guide to follow)
- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card
- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
- all done

Feedback / feature requests welcome!

Finally, if you like the MoDaCo Custom ROMs, consider supporting MoDaCo by visiting the subscriptions page and upgrading your account or making a donation via PayPal by clicking this link.

P
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

I'll wait on some feedbacks on this..

Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

can wait to see what the hero people say on this rom
Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecu

No Screen shots for this bummer !!!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:19 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveS

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

No Screen shots for this bummer !!!
uhh it doesnt look that different but ill take some, ive been running it for like 5 hours now...im actually on 1.0 but 1.1 is the same as 1.0 with a minor filesystem change...so i just manually changed it...

Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring Wa

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

uhh it doesnt look that different but ill take some, ive been running it for like 5 hours now...im actually on 1.0 but 1.1 is the same as 1.0 with a minor filesystem change...so i just manually changed it...
I've been pretty busy as of late, so haven't had the time to flash, but wanted to know what your thoughts were compared to Stock. Is it worth making the jump??? The apps2sd is huge, so that alone is why I'll most likely make the jump Thanks V.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:36 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I've been pretty busy as of late, so haven't had the time to flash, but wanted to know what your thoughts were compared to Stock. Is it worth making the jump??? The apps2sd is huge, so that alone is why I'll most likely make the jump Thanks V.
rooting is worth doing so you can install all the apps and games to your card and not the device bogging it down
Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re [TESTING] 08/11 10 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

rooting is worth doing so you can install all the apps and games to your card and not the device bogging it down
For sure, Rooting has been done I'm just debating th Flash with time permitting. Modaco's Rom seems to be the only way to get app2sd and WiFi tether working, so that's why I'm leaning more towards. I was curious, because I know V had this done like 5 days ago and wanted some feedback, thanks all.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: [ROM] 08/11 11 CDMA HERO MoDaCo Custom ROM Core featuring WaveSecure

Updated first post to newest version.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If i was to weigh my options This rom is alot better scrolling response then fresh rom.Fresh needs to work on his rom for optimization, like modaco did on his rom.Not for looks...Battery life is the same on both roms i feel that the boot time on Madaco is alot quicker then fresh.

The only thing i have to figure out is how to update the latest firmware from sprint on Madaco rom.I guess i'll wait for his next release which it was mentioned that it will be fixed.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:11 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

If i was to weigh my options This rom is alot better scrolling response then fresh rom.Fresh needs to work on his rom for optimization, like modaco did on his rom.Not for looks...Battery life is the same on both roms i feel that the boot time on Madaco is alot quicker then fresh.

The only thing i have to figure out is how to update the latest firmware from sprint on Madaco rom.I guess i'll wait for his next release which it was mentioned that it will be fixed.
that sucks that you cant update.... are you talking the update that they released that was going to be fixing the sms and the other problems? (the one that came out about a month ago that we were trying to help mike20pr with)
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
08 or 11, cdma, core, custom, featuring, hero, modaco, rom, testing, wavesecur, wavesecure