Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 AM
absoluteriot absoluteriot is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View absoluteriot's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View absoluteriot's Photo Album Add absoluteriot's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
No Radio all of a sudden

Ok I have been a member for quite some time now, I have always found my answers with searching. However, I searched for this and cant resolve.

My 6800 is stuck in the HTC bootscreen. It says "No Radio" on the bottom right hand corner. This is my 2nd 6800, I have not done any mods at all to this phone. I just want it to start back up and work. any help? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to absoluteriot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 02:08 AM
NOOB 4 EVER

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: No Radio all of a sudden

“ Originally Posted by absoluteriot View Post

Ok I have been a member for quite some time now, I have always found my answers with searching. However, I searched for this and cant resolve.

My 6800 is stuck in the HTC bootscreen. It says "No Radio" on the bottom right hand corner. This is my 2nd 6800, I have not done any mods at all to this phone. I just want it to start back up and work. any help? Thanks.
The title says "... all of a sudden..." what were you doing before you got it to the bootscreen? Having been a member and searching, you should realize that your statement is rather vague, and help will not be easily or rapidly forthcoming without some further information.

Were you unlocking the phone? Were you just walking down the street and saw the bootscreen? Were you trying to flash a rom? Were you connected via ActiveSync and then it went nuts?

The handset is stock and hasn't been unlocked yet, so what were you trying to do when it got locked on the bootscreen?

You've tried to pull the battery for a minute and hard reset, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 02:19 AM

View absoluteriot's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View absoluteriot's Photo Album Add absoluteriot's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry for not posting more info. The phone worked fine all day, normal usage with a few calls made and a few texts. Got home plugged it in to charge and it wouldnt charge so I did a soft reset and bam, the normal green flashing light is now solid red. I did a hard reset and when it gets to the HTC screen thats when it says "No Radio".

Edit- As i stated in my first post, I have not tried doing anything to this phone.
I can get to the rainbow screen which reads:
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to absoluteriot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sorry for not posting more info. The phone worked fine all day, normal usage with a few calls made and a few texts. Got home plugged it in to charge and it wouldnt charge so I did a soft reset and bam, the normal green flashing light is now solid red. I did a hard reset and when it gets to the HTC screen thats when it says "No Radio".

Edit- As i stated in my first post, I have not tried doing anything to this phone.
I can get to the rainbow screen which reads:
TITA100
SPL-2.07.0000
CPLD-9
all you have to do is go to htc's website and download the newest rom for the mogul under your provider and that includes your radio in the exe installer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 02:40 AM

Ok I dl'ed the ROM from HTC. Now my problem is that Activesync wont recognize the phone. I can get to the rainbow screen on the phone but when i plug it into the pc via usb it wont sync.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:46 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok I dl'ed the ROM from HTC. Now my problem is that Activesync wont recognize the phone. I can get to the rainbow screen on the phone but when i plug it into the pc via usb it wont sync.
what you will have to do on your pc is right click on the exe and choose to extract using winrar.... inside of there you will find a .nbh file. rename this file exactly as follows : TITAIG.nbh now get yourself a 2 gb sd card or smaller and format it to FAT32 (will lose everything so drag to desktop) and than drag the nbh file over. now press and hold the camer and the power button while soft resetting and you will get your device in manual bootloader. from there just follow the steps and you will be good to go.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:06 AM

Ok Dash, there was 2 nbh files. one said Special_4350.nbh and the other said RUU.nbh I renamed the RUU one and dragged it to the SD card which I formatted. I held the camera button and power button and used the stylus to reset and it goes to the rainbow screen but no other options are present. I put the sd card into the phone and tried again to no avail. Am I missing something?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Ok Dash, there was 2 nbh files. one said Special_4350.nbh and the other said RUU.nbh I renamed the RUU one and dragged it to the SD card which I formatted. I held the camera button and power button and used the stylus to reset and it goes to the rainbow screen but no other options are present. I put the sd card into the phone and tried again to no avail. Am I missing something?
did you nake it correctly with caps and all? and you did format to fat32 and not fat correct? and try a reg format and not a quick format also........ sometimes takes twice but should be at least saying loading at your screen without troubles.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Yes typed it in just as you put it. Formatted to Fat32. I can see the white screen appear real fast which says loading..then it says "no image file" under loading. It happens so fast that I had to try it several times to see what it says.
Did i rename the right .nbh file?
Old 05-23-2009, 03:48 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You might want to wait for Dash, 'cause I don't know near as much as he does. Never tried to flash using an SD card. I will tell you that I had some issues similar to this when I had my mogul.

Sounds silly, but can you pull the battery for a while, and then put it back in? Take the SD card out, and try to reformat (regular, not quick) again, and drag the file back to it. Put the card back into the phone, then put the battery back in and then turn it back on.

If you're not recognizing it on activesync, you might need to go so far as to download the mymobiler (which can be found on SPJ) so that we can see some screenies of what is going on.

There's something in the activesync connection that may be causing the breakdown. You need to make sure that your download is not corrupted. Try to redownload the file and make sure that you deleted it before doing so.

Could be the simple things that are causing the issue.

You could search for BigJew's roms that he downloaded for the Mogul. They are carrier specific, so be careful with that. I'm pretty sure that I saw some for stock ROMs, so you wouldn't be changing anything, just trying to solve a problem.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Yes typed it in just as you put it. Formatted to Fat32. I can see the white screen appear real fast which says loading..then it says "no image file" under loading. It happens so fast that I had to try it several times to see what it says.
Did i rename the right .nbh file?

ok what i want you to do is this....... go to ppcgeeks and enter the ftp over there.... go to the mogul section and than radios...... once in their download the newest radio there or sprint (highest number) and than see what that does for you... (also please tell me if it is nbh or exe. )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Dash I got the latest one I could find on PPC geeks. 3.42.50 and its an NBH file. I followed the same steps that you gave me and now its on the white "Loading..." screen its been on that screen for about 5mins now. Do I leave it at that/alone for now or was something else supposed to happen?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:29 PM

Dash I got the latest one I could find on PPC geeks. 3.42.50 and its an NBH file. I followed the same steps that you gave me and now its on the white "Loading..." screen its been on that screen for about 5mins now. Do I leave it at that/alone for now or was something else supposed to happen?
it should only flash for a second..... and you have nothing but the nbh file on the card correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:33 PM

Correct only the NBH file on the card. lol still on that white loading screen.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what size sd card is it? might be too big, I would try using a 1gb or 512 mb micro sd card instead of a HC card, might give you better results.

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Correct only the NBH file on the card. lol still on that white loading screen.
the card is under 2 gigs correct?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 PM

2gb card. let me try a 64mb one that I have.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

2gb card. let me try a 64mb one that I have.
yeah hope that helps, get back to us whether or not it helps!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 PM

Damn, no dice. Same thing on the 64mb card.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:25 PM

Damn, no dice. Same thing on the 64mb card.
than its something on your side that your doing wrong..... do you have the device unlocked for sure with the ocrrect unlocker for gps enables roms?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:33 PM

You got me with that last one...unlocked? I've only followed the steps you have given me from the start.
Now I feel a bit dumb lol, where/how would I unlock it?
Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM

You got me with that last one...unlocked? I've only followed the steps you have given me from the start.
Now I feel a bit dumb lol, where/how would I unlock it?
well you didnt follow the sdteps we thought you were at... you have to give us info of all that you have done if any to the device..... there is soo many different directions one can go as you see now..... but look in my signature below and threre is a step by step tutorial including links to everythingthat you will need to get flashing. and the unlocking before was mentioned not only in this thread but all around the boards.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 PM

I was trying to be as clear as possible as to the status. Mentioning twice that "I have not done anything" to this phone. I began at the steps you guys started me at. I also mentioned that Activesync doesnt recognize the phone, so when I just tried running the Unlocker it said to connect device through activesync.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:47 PM

I was trying to be as clear as possible as to the status. Mentioning twice that "I have not done anything" to this phone. I began at the steps you guys started me at. I also mentioned that Activesync doesnt recognize the phone, so when I just tried running the Unlocker it said to connect device through activesync.
well if you cant get by the bootscreen how did you get a custom rom to flash in SSS. its impossible and if it did and now your stuck there your pretty much screwed sicne you have to be unlcoked to flash via card.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:08 PM

Custom rom? I dont remember every mentioning that I flashed a custom Rom. Is that what I'm trying to do right now?

As mentioned, I have not done anything to this phone.

Recap-
I went to work, phone worked fine all day. No modifying of the phone whatsoever has been done at this point. Got home, tried to charge it and the light would not turn on to indicate charging. I power cycled the phone thinking that would be the fix, right after that is when it said on the bottom corner "No Radio". Still no modifying done at this point. I got on here and searched for solutions and found nothing directly related, therefore I posted and followed the guided advice after adding the info requested after the first post. Which brings us to where we are now.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
The VenumX Factor

Custom rom? I dont remember every mentioning that I flashed a custom Rom. Is that what I'm trying to do right now?

As mentioned, I have not done anything to this phone.

Recap-
I went to work, phone worked fine all day. No modifying of the phone whatsoever has been done at this point. Got home, tried to charge it and the light would not turn on to indicate charging. I power cycled the phone thinking that would be the fix, right after that is when it said on the bottom corner "No Radio". Still no modifying done at this point. I got on here and searched for solutions and found nothing directly related, therefore I posted and followed the guided advice after adding the info requested after the first post. Which brings us to where we are now.
no idea how you lost your radio... how long have you had the phone for, do you have TEP? You may be S.O.L if you dont.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 PM

I have no idea either, after 1 power cycle its toast. Yeah I have TEP but I think im SOL either way. I called and was told that since my Fusic is active on the line that its the phone that will be insured. The rep kept giving me the runaround so I said ok whatever and ended the call. My fusic is my backup phone and I activated it right away when I had this problem just to have a working phone. A 2nd call yielded better results, tne sprint rep said that they could pull up my history and see that the mogul was indeed active as my primary and working but I will need to take it to a sprint store. Thats my next step just thought I'd get it fixed on here. If that doesnt work then I truly am SOL. Thanks anyways.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:36 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

no idea how you lost your radio... how long have you had the phone for, do you have TEP? You may be S.O.L if you dont.
i was thinking the same since he odesnt have unlocked so he cant do via sdcard and sicnehe cant get by the boot screen he isnt going to make a connection what-so-ever
Old 05-23-2009, 09:45 PM
The VenumX Factor

I have no idea either, after 1 power cycle its toast. Yeah I have TEP but I think im SOL either way. I called and was told that since my Fusic is active on the line that its the phone that will be insured. The rep kept giving me the runaround so I said ok whatever and ended the call. My fusic is my backup phone and I activated it right away when I had this problem just to have a working phone. A 2nd call yielded better results, tne sprint rep said that they could pull up my history and see that the mogul was indeed active as my primary and working but I will need to take it to a sprint store. Thats my next step just thought I'd get it fixed on here. If that doesnt work then I truly am SOL. Thanks anyways.
nononononononono just activate the mogul online or over the phone before you go into the store, then get it fixed or make a claim through insurance, then switch back to ur fusic while you wait. You're not that SOL just sayin you are SOL in fixin it prolly... sprint corporate repair center will most likely just swap it out for you. Good luck though

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH

i was thinking the same since he odesnt have unlocked so he cant do via sdcard and sicnehe cant get by the boot screen he isnt going to make a connection what-so-ever
exactly.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:52 PM

"just activate the mogul online or over the phone before you go into the store"

Activating requires me to be able to go into the settings and edit the phone (MSID) so that the phone will register on their system. Remember, I cant get beyond the bootscreen making it impossible to perform the required steps.
Hence me being SOL unless I get a nice rep lol.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM

"just activate the mogul online or over the phone before you go into the store"

Activating requires me to be able to go into the settings and edit the phone (MSID) so that the phone will register on their system. Remember, I cant get beyond the bootscreen making it impossible to perform the required steps.
Hence me being SOL unless I get a nice rep lol.
no that doesnt really matter..... you can have the phone show and be registered to the account..... jsut skip that part.... i have done it before where i dont enter the numbers and since you cant turn it on it wont go through the auto activation feature so you donthave to worry..... should still show up as that being your primary phone.... am i correct with the venum or have things changed since my tenure with sprint?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

no that doesnt really matter..... you can have the phone show and be registered to the account..... jsut skip that part.... i have done it before where i dont enter the numbers and since you cant turn it on it wont go through the auto activation feature so you donthave to worry..... should still show up as that being your primary phone.... am i correct with the venum or have things changed since my tenure with sprint?
Exactly. Actually even if the phone turned on you wouldn't have to change the MSID or MDN because it has already been active on your phone number before. Once you have done it once for you phone number you never have to do it again unless you change your number. Trust me I work for a Sprint corporate repair center and I know exactly what they will see, if you activate it online before you go you will be all set and the TEP transfers over when you do the swap.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM

Exactly. Actually even if the phone turned on you wouldn't have to change the MSID or MDN because it has already been active on your phone number before. Once you have done it once for you phone number you never have to do it again unless you change your number. Trust me I work for a Sprint corporate repair center and I know exactly what they will see, if you activate it online before you go you will be all set and the TEP transfers over when you do the swap.
yuppers glad sprint is sticking to their guns
Old 05-23-2009, 10:19 PM

I will give that a try.
Activating it will mean that I will not have a working phone until I go to the sprint store to claim the TEP correct?
I need to do this on monday since I assume they're closed on sunday.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 PM

I will give that a try.
Activating it will mean that I will not have a working phone until I go to the sprint store to claim the TEP correct?
they should be open on sunday for a little window of time (6 hours i think) call or go to the store around noon and you will be fine going tomorrow....
Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 PM
The VenumX Factor

I will give that a try.
depends where you are, i would go to and check the radio button for repair centers and they will have the hours for the store. I know my hours for sunday are 12 - 5 for repair and 12 - 6 for the store. We are the only repair center in the area that stays open that late though. Check it out maybe you'll get lucky and the one in your area will be open on Sunday.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 PM

depends where you are, i would go to http://www.sprint.com/storelocator and check the radio button for repair centers and they will have the hours for the store. I know my hours for sunday are 12 - 5 for repair and 12 - 6 for the store. We are the only repair center in the area that stays open that late though. Check it out maybe you'll get lucky and the one in your area will be open on Sunday.
always can count on venum to refresh my memory.... im suprised i remember as much as i do about them ahaha
Old 05-23-2009, 10:34 PM

I'll check with em tomorrow if time permits. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update this with my results.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 PM
The VenumX Factor

I'll check with em tomorrow if time permits. Thanks for the heads up, I'll update this with my results.
Alright; sounds good. Hope everything works out for ya bro. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM

Well I went today and SOL indeed. The rep told me that the phone hasnt been active for 30 days. Reason being I activated my fusic as a backup then reactivated the mogul lastnight. Technically its only been active 1 day now. Damn mogul was active since November before that and I told him to check the usage history. Then he said, it just doesnt look right activating different phones, you activated the non working mogul yesterday and bla bla bla....basically saying that im trying to activate a nonworking phone to claim the TEP.
Sucks.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 PM

Well I went today and SOL indeed. The rep told me that the phone hasnt been active for 30 days. Reason being I activated my fusic as a backup then reactivated the mogul lastnight. Technically its only been active 1 day now. Damn mogul was active since November before that and I told him to check the usage history. Then he said, it just doesnt look right activating different phones, you activated the non working mogul yesterday and bla bla bla....basically saying that im trying to activate a nonworking phone to claim the TEP.
Sucks.
go to a different store or talk over the phone with them..... you should alwasy follow the rules of gettingthe reps name and emloyee number each and every time so they can back out and can trace the call and what you were told...... jsut my 2 cents but hopw all works out for you nad if you call tonight you mightbe having one shipped out in the morning and it will be a touch pro since they are all out of moguls...
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 PM
The VenumX Factor

Sucks.
dude dont take that from the rep...you just say well i activated the fusic cause i needed the phone for a few days until i could come in, then i reactivated the mogul to bring it in for service. if they give you that bullshit again ask to speak with their manager. never back down to a rep being lazy, people i work with do that so they dont have to make tickets and shit... it doesnt look shady at all. I would go back to the same store and ask to speak witht he manager.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
radio, sudden